Auschwitz survivor Gena Turgel walked out gas chamber alive

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
spaceboy

Auschwitz survivor Gena Turgel walked out gas chamber alive

Postby spaceboy » 4 years 11 months ago (Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:33 pm)

I logged into Facebook yesterday, and one of the trending news stories was an article from NBC about a woman who had allegedly been herded into a gas chamber and survived. From the article:

Turgel, an elegant woman with more than a hint of mischief in her blue eyes, survived not one or two, but three Nazi concentration camps.

In the most notorious of all, Auschwitz-Birkeanau, she was herded naked into a gas chamber with hundreds of others.

Yet Turgel, who was 21 at the time, walked out alive.

She had no idea the Nazis had tried to kill her until a woman she knew said, "Don't you know what has just happened to you? You were in the gas chamber!"

Turgel still looks amazed to have cheated death.

"I completely lost my voice," she said. "I just never realized I was in the gas chamber ... it must not have worked."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ausch ... ve-n293496

We're painted the picture that Turgel was sent to a gas chamber, and the gas chamber miraculously malfunctioned that day or something. Nothing happened.

HOWEVER, what isn't mentioned in this recent article is something I found in a 2005 Daily Mail article in which Turgel mentions a critical detail:

"We were trembling. I didn't know where we were. Inside, it looked terrible. A woman came in that I recognised from a previous camp. She was very shocked I was there and went out again.

"We waited a while and then water came through the walls. It was wonderful. For many weeks we had had no water on our backs. We were all drinking it."

"As we came outside, the women there said how wonderful it was to see us. They screamed with happiness. I didn't understand what they meant. I said 'What are you shouting about?'

"They said 'Don't you know? You were in the gas chamber.' I lost my voice. I couldn't produce any saliva."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... amber.html

So, the idea of her stepping into a "gas chamber" and her miraculously surviving because the gas chamber didn't work is very misleading. She stepped into a room and received a shower, because the room wasn't a gas chamber, it was a shower room. It wasn't until she heard rumors of it being a gas chamber that she even thought it was.
Last edited by spaceboy on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Auschwitz survivor Gena Turgel walked out gas chamber a

Postby Hektor » 4 years 11 months ago (Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:02 pm)

Good find. And also a good example on how the gas chamber rumor was manufactured.

The first sight that greeted us as we walked through the massive iron gates into the muddy compound at Auschwitz was a small group of women fiddlers. We learned later that it was standard procedure for these musicians to play for the incoming transports on their way to the gas chamber. As soon as we arrived we were segregated. The guards there told us that we were going to the shower room and that our clothes would be disinfected. We undressed and left our clothes in a heap on a bench outside. There must have been about a hundred of us squashed into the stone-walled room, with no windows and narrow openings in the ceiling. We stood there for an hour or so, and nothing happened. The waiting seemed endless. Nobody spoke.
I shall never know how we came out alive. The gas chamber was operated from another part of the camp. Had the gas supply suddenly failed? Why did the guards, usually so super-efficient, fail to discover this and not send us back inside again? The same procedure must have taken place with people from previous transports. They too must have stripped and had their clothes destroyed but, unlike us, they never came out again. At Auschwitz, every last remnant of respect and dignity was squeezed out of us. In our loose, striped, insect-ridden clothing and with our hair cropped or shaved, we felt completely dehumanized.
http://www.northwoodhmd.org.uk/survivor ... l_Gena.pdf

TheBlackRabbitofInlé
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby TheBlackRabbitofInlé » 4 years 11 months ago (Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:53 pm)

Turgel nee Goldfinger has been flogging this *water came out instead of the gas* story since 1987 at least—it's even possible she was the inspiration for the scene in Schindler's List.

Anyway, following my discovery of Goldfinger's 1945 signed affidavit in the British national archives, there is now proof that she spent ONE NIGHT in Auschwitz: January 14-15, 1945; which is almost two months after gassings are supposed to have ceased and long after the dismantling of the Birkenau crematoria began (in her book I Light a Candle this failed gassing supposedly happened in Auschwitz I—the alleged gas chamber there had been reconfigured into an air-raid shelter in the autumn of 1944).

COPY

EXHIBIT "112"
116 (handwritten)

IN THE MATTER OF WAR CRIMES
AND
ATROCITIES AT PLACHAU [sic] CAMP

DEPOSITION OF GENA GOLDFINGER (Female) late of Grunestrasse 14, Cracow, Poland, sworn before Major SAVILE GEOFFREY CHAMPION, Royal Artillery, Legal Staff, No. War Crimes Investigation Team.

1. I am 22 years of age and I was arrested on 10th March 1942 at the Ghetto in Cracow and taken to Flachau [sic] camp where I remained until 14th January 1945. I was then taken to Auschwitz Camp where I remained for two days before coming to Belsen.

(... the entire affidavit is about KZ Plaszow and Auschwitz and Belsen are not mentioned again. Goldfinger did claim to have witnessed Amon Goeth [spelt as Gott in the affidavit] shoot a minimum of 30 people per day during roll call)

SWORN BY THE SAID DEPONENT GENA GOLDFINGER AT BELSEN THIS 7th DAY OF JUNE 1945, BEFORE ME,

S. G. CHAMPION

Major, RA.

[edited for typo]
Last edited by TheBlackRabbitofInlé on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nazis tried to create super-soldiers, using steroids ... they sought to reanimate the dead—coffins of famous Germanic warriors were found hidden in a mine, with plans to bring them back to life at the war’s end.
- Prof. Noah Charney

TheBlackRabbitofInlé
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby TheBlackRabbitofInlé » 4 years 11 months ago (Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:57 pm)

Mother and I used to get up at four in the morning [at Belsen], to avoid the queues of people waiting to use the shower block about and hour later. We undressed and showered our bodies with ice-cold water. The only soap we had was a barrel of honey-coloured liquid soap, manufactured out of human flesh from the bodies of people shot by the SS on the transports. Many times we wondered: 'Could this be my brother, my sister, another relation?

- Gena Turgel nee Goldfinger, I Light a Candle, London: Grafton, 1987, p. 102.
Nazis tried to create super-soldiers, using steroids ... they sought to reanimate the dead—coffins of famous Germanic warriors were found hidden in a mine, with plans to bring them back to life at the war’s end.
- Prof. Noah Charney

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 4 years 11 months ago (Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:10 pm)

What a great thread. It's this subtle deceit one sees all the time. Packaged so nicely in the present day by NBC news.

hermod
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby hermod » 4 years 11 months ago (Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:23 pm)

Malfunctioned? What could possibly go wrong with the pouring of Zyklon B pellets into a room through holes in the roof??? :?

That idiotic assertion shows how ignorant most people are as far as the very primitive tools of mass murder and mass obliteration supposedly involved in the "Holocaust" are concerned.
"But, however the world pretends to divide itself, there are ony two divisions in the world to-day - human beings and Germans. – Rudyard Kipling, The Morning Post (London), June 22, 1915

Dresden
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Dresden » 4 years 11 months ago (Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:54 pm)

hermod said:

"Malfunctioned? What could possibly go wrong with the pouring of Zyklon B pellets into a room through holes in the roof??? :?"

Maybe a thunderstorm broke out and the "pourer's" umbrella failed to "deploy", so he had to take a rain check!

Sounds reasonable to me; imagine how reasonable it would sound to a True Believer!
Maybe, just maybe, they believe what they are telling you about the 'holocaust', but maybe, just maybe, their contempt for your intelligence and your character is beyond anything you could ever have imagined. -- Bradley Smith

hermod
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby hermod » 4 years 11 months ago (Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:56 pm)

Steve F wrote:hermod said:

"Malfunctioned? What could possibly go wrong with the pouring of Zyklon B pellets into a room through holes in the roof??? :?"

Maybe a thunderstorm broke out and the "pourer's" umbrella failed to "deploy", so he had to take a rain check!

Sounds reasonable to me; imagine how reasonable it would sound to a True Believer!

Now you just need to find an old Jew or Jewess with tears in his/her eyes telling that umbrella story and it will become an established fact in the following days, accordingly to the usual evidential standards of the academic world as far as the "Holocaust" is concerned. A breeze...
"But, however the world pretends to divide itself, there are ony two divisions in the world to-day - human beings and Germans. – Rudyard Kipling, The Morning Post (London), June 22, 1915

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 4 years 11 months ago (Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:54 am)

hermod wrote:Malfunctioned? What could possibly go wrong with the pouring of Zyklon B pellets into a room through holes in the roof??? :?

That idiotic assertion shows how ignorant most people are as far as the very primitive tools of mass murder and mass obliteration supposedly involved in the "Holocaust" are concerned.
None of the tales actually talk about insertion of Zyklon B through roof holes, so most of the public still believe that it either came out of the taps or was injected in some other way. The whole point of the PR operation is to stay as far away as possible from any actual facts and to pile on the emotion. Personally, I only found out about pellets and roof holes when I started reading Revisionist sources.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 4 years 11 months ago (Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:37 am)

Kingfisher wrote:
hermod wrote:Malfunctioned? What could possibly go wrong with the pouring of Zyklon B pellets into a room through holes in the roof??? :?

None of the tales actually talk about insertion of Zyklon B through roof holes, so most of the public still believe that it either came out of the taps or was injected in some other way. The whole point of the PR operation is to stay as far away as possible from any actual facts and to pile on the emotion. Personally, I only found out about pellets and roof holes when I started reading Revisionist sources.

Didn't the Vrba-Wetzler "report" claim that the Zyklon B was inserted through the roof?

I recall they mentioned something about someone climbing on the roof? It seems it was actually Filip Mueller telling it that way:
...When everybody is inside, the heavy doors are closed. Then there is a short pause, presumably to allow the room temperature to rise to a certain level, after which SS men with gas masks climb on the roof, open the traps, and shake down a preparation in powder form out of tin cans labeled "CYKLON" "For use against vermin,"...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vrba%E2%80 ... ler_report

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 4 years 11 months ago (Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:29 pm)

Yes, I posted that a bit quickly. I wanted to go back and edit it but I couldn't.

What I meant to to say was none of the sob stories trotted out in the media at this present moment, in particular around Jan 27th.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”