FREE ERNST ZUNDEL RALLY!

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Goethe
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Goethe » 1 decade 6 years ago (Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:27 am)

I agree with Mr. Moran, if Germany really wanted him they would have taken him by now. The Canadians are stuck with him and have an awkward situation on their hands. I may be wrong, but I doubt he's going to Germany. Let's all lift our glass to Ernst Zundel, as brave a man as there is. The world will thank him in the not too distant future.

TruthSeeker
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby TruthSeeker » 1 decade 6 years ago (Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:40 am)

I just looked at the photos from the rally, and I'm glad quite a lot of people showed up. It's good that it was also on TV. So more people can check out the website and see the truth (if they are willing to).

Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Sannhet » 1 decade 6 years ago (Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:20 am)

TruthSeeker wrote:I just looked at the photos from the rally, and I'm glad quite a lot of people showed up. It's good that it was also on TV. So more people can check out the website and see the truth (if they are willing to).

I'm glad to hear it was on TV in Toronto, because there wasn't a peep about it where I am, as usual. It is funny because I have seen the case of Mumia Abu-Jamal (a guy on death row who, his supporters claim, is a political prisoner) mentioned many times on the news here, but I never recall hearing the words "Ernst Zundel" coming out of any television set here in the USA.

TruthSeeker
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby TruthSeeker » 1 decade 6 years ago (Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:57 am)

Yes. The amount of exposure of the Zundel case in the media is MINUTE. At best, the Zundel trial receives a small corner of the paper, on the second, third, or fourth pages of the Toronto Star, for example.

Anyway, the number of university students here who call Zundel a Nazi is just unbelievable. :? They consider him a white supremacist. Now from what I have read about Zundel, he is neither (correct me if I am wrong). The media quite often, in such cases where public opinion is already swayed against a certain person, feeds the lies and the deception, which is truly sad. In some cases, however, it does do a good job at getting the name out there for those who have never heard of Zundel.

Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Sannhet » 1 decade 6 years ago (Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:33 am)

I would gamble that if 10,000 people (hypothetically of course) came out to demonstrate for Zundel, and 3 of them carried flags with swastikas, the media would show maybe 10 seconds of video clip of a close-up of those 3, with the newsreporter doing a voice over, saying something like, "Neo-Nazis came out today to demonstrate for the release of Ernst Zundel, the famed Holocaust-denier".

Of course, if they had pulled the camera angle out a little wider, those 3 guys would've been lost to the eye, lost in a mass of regular protestors and demonstrators. But they wouldn't pull that camera-angle out; I think that is a pretty safe bet to make.

It's like that picture from a year ago of the Saddam Hussein statue being torn down by the US Army. The US media aired video of "thousands" of people dancing and celebrating around the statue. Within days, what you might call "Iraq War Revisionists" proved that these "thousands" were atually "dozens" (if that), once different camera angles of the same event were found and examined. The wide camera angle showed a deserted City Square with US Tanks surrounding the area, and a tiny crowd around the statue.
Here is the links to what I am refering to:
http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... ALIB~1.gif
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/images/SQ2.gif

TruthSeeker
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby TruthSeeker » 1 decade 6 years ago (Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:44 am)

Exactly. And it is up to the anti-German racists to do the job of spreading the word that a neo-Nazi is on trial and is in danger of being released from jail. Oh, the horror of it!!! :roll: Just leave it up to the communists on university campuses, and you'll see how fast they will spread those lies.

Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Sannhet » 1 decade 6 years ago (Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:12 am)

Speaking of using phony photos to spread lies: http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=37

In both the case of the Saddam statue and the case of the above link, a deliberate attempt is made to distort what happened. People wanting to distort the truth are known to edit photographs.

The Communists did it in the old days. There was one instance of US soldiers in Vietnam bowing their heads in prayer and looking fairly sullen. In the side of the frame was an Army Chaplain with a bible in hand. That photo was released in Western media with a caption of something like, "Soldiers in Vietnam taking a minute to pray". In China, the photo was also released, but with the Chaplain airbrushed out, and the caption read something like, "Captured American mercenaries en route to POW camps".

An army chaplain airbrushed out, a few smoke clouds airbrushed in, a "crowd" of jubilant Iraqis...why do they do it? In the case of the Communists, they used it for propaganda. In the case of the Saddam Hussein statue, well that too was used for propaganda purposes. Why then, did a Holocaust website alter the picture that Hannover uses as an avatar? Can anyone guess? :lol:

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”