Sachsenhausen and Theresienstadt debunked

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Sachsenhausen and Theresienstadt debunked

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:10 pm)

A news item, comments invited.

- Hannover

To avoid the increasingly frequent accusation that world Jewry exaggerates the Holocaust, unsupportable claims and statements must be carefully avoided. I am a survivor of the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp and I lost both my parents, one in Theresienstadt and one in Auschwitz.

There were no gassings or mass shootings at Terezin (Theresienstadt), and there is no record of a slaughter of 15,000 children there, as stated in the article on Jakie Young by David Silverberg ("11-year-old wunderkind to tour E. Europe with Ontario Terezin," CJN, Feb. 19). Theresienstadt was an organized ghetto and not an extermination camp.

Many people died, including many children, but most of them died due to severe deprivation, hunger and typhus. Correct records are available from the Theresienstadt Martyrs Remembrance Association in Israel, at the Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial in Jerusalem or at the U.S. Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C.

Frederick Rose
Toronto
http://www.cjnews.com/editorial/letters.asp
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

neugierig
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby neugierig » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:40 pm)

Someone send this article to me, I also find it very interesting.

Those who know me are aware, that I believe some atrocities happened, maybe even some experimental gassings. To what extend? Who knows, but certainly not to extend claimed. This is why I welcome this attempt to sort out some of the stories, to separate the wheat from the chaff, as it were. For, so far, to even suggest that some of the eyewitness stories are pure BS will get you jailed in some countries.

This is a good start, I hope it continues. I have one problem with it. The writer claims that many died in Theresienstadt. How many? He tells us to check with Yad Vashem, et al., well, hardly unbiased outfits. Why not suggest the Red Cross. But then, they wouldn’t talk to me anyway. I am not a true Believer.

Regards
Wilf
No one is free, until we are all free.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”