Holo-Heretic Hunters: The Faurisson File, video by Bernamej

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Kladderadatsch
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Holo-Heretic Hunters: The Faurisson File, video by Bernamej

Postby Kladderadatsch » 4 years 5 months ago (Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:18 pm)

Again, like the pair of Bernamej's videos which I posted last week, this isn't technically "revisionism" in the strict sense of the word. It is, however, a pretty biting (and funny) satire of the hysteria which surrounds the whole topic of revisionism as a whole, in France and elsewhere. And the interrogation of Robert Faurisson is not to be missed!

All the more timely in the light of the outrageous judgment against Vincent Reynouard this Wednesday. And yes, he gets a cameo too.

From the description:

Inspector Marlon Branleux of the French police battles the relentless Professor Faurisson and the insidious power of revisionist doubt in this hilarious satire by Bernamej.

Once again, many thanks to hermod for his help with tricky parts in the French. All remaining errors, mistranslations and, erm, blatant departures from the text in the name of a laugh are, of course, my responsibility.
Der grosse Kladderadatsch war da.

-- D. Eckart Der Bolschewismus von Moses bis Lenin, "Er"

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Holo-Heretic Hunters: The Faurisson File, video by Berna

Postby Hektor » 4 years 5 months ago (Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:28 pm)

It's dealing with the social responses to Revisionism. It caricatures the elements of ideological totalism I mentioned in another thread very well. Six million Cheers to the maker of the video.

georgesmiley

Postby georgesmiley » 4 years 5 months ago (Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:50 pm)

Is it possible to DL this with the english captions showing in the DL version?

Kladderadatsch
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Kladderadatsch » 4 years 5 months ago (Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:22 pm)

georgesmiley wrote:Is it possible to DL this with the english captions showing in the DL version?

Thanks, George. I'll probably be making a version with "burned-in" subtitles (i.e., that are part of the actual video images, not just a separate file that plays simultaneously overtop, and which you thus can download) sometime in the next week or so. I have software to do it now, but I'm looking for a slightly better option. In the meantime, I'm still getting feedback from people on things I might tweak in the subs. When that's all done, I'll make the new file and upload it, on YouTube and elsewhere.

K

k0nsl

Postby k0nsl » 4 years 5 months ago (Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:11 am)

I hope you do not mind, Kladderadatsch, but I tried one option which worked out "OK" - certainly not ideal, but "OK". Your newest one came out better [1], though.

See the download link in this post:
http://quotes.k0nsl.org/holo-heretic-hunters-the-faurisson-file.html

-k0nsl

References:
  1. What I meant was the following, to be more clear: that my rip of yours and Bernamej’s work came out OK (acceptable) but that my second attempt at doing it was a much better success. I just wanted to make this clear so that nobody thought for a second that I was criticising your effort! On a similar note: one friend of mine had success ripping the subtitles (preserving them) using « 4K Video Downloader ». My own method was slightly more complicated as it involved OBS and Handbrake, and good timing, lol. As it stands, it is possible to download them with English subtitles from my links. Thank you for the great work! :cheers:

Kladderadatsch wrote:
georgesmiley wrote:Is it possible to DL this with the english captions showing in the DL version?

Thanks, George. I'll probably be making a version with "burned-in" subtitles (i.e., that are part of the actual video images, not just a separate file that plays simultaneously overtop, and which you thus can download) sometime in the next week or so. I have software to do it now, but I'm looking for a slightly better option. In the meantime, I'm still getting feedback from people on things I might tweak in the subs. When that's all done, I'll make the new file and upload it, on YouTube and elsewhere.

K

Inquisitor
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Inquisitor » 4 years 5 months ago (Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:29 am)

"It was technically possible because it happened." :wink:

Brilliant - very well done!

audun

Postby audun » 4 years 5 months ago (Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:19 pm)

Great work!

However, you should hardcode the subs - people are not use to loading them themselves, and as of now they are not showing on my end, might be because of the many countries in which it was blocked.

If you don't know how, I'll be happy to do it.

Just attach the translations here then I will put the clip somewhere for you to download and put back on your YouTube channel.

again, thanks for your work

Kladderadatsch
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Kladderadatsch » 4 years 4 months ago (Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:39 pm)

Quick question, audun: what browser are you using?

As of some time this afternoon, subtitles don't seem to be loading on YouTube when using Firefox or Internet Explorer, but they are working in Chrome. I'm guessing it must be something that YouTube has done, since it seems unlikely that FF and IE would both screw things up the same way on the same day. But it's a mystery that Chrome still seems to be all right.

It's not just my videos that aren't working, either (though I got all paranoid about that for a moment, lol). YouTube's own automatically generated (alphabet soup) subtitles still seem to be working, but if the subs are user-made, a little "activity wheel" spins around and around beside the CC button but the subs never load.

Anyone else here have this problem?

Hopefully this will soon pass, but yes, it's a good reason to get cracking on burning-in subs and re-upping my videos. Having the subs play as a separate file is convenient, since it means that people can turn them off when they don't want them, and it allows me as the translator to make corrections after getting feedback from people online. But clearly it's only a temporary solution.

audun

Postby audun » 4 years 4 months ago (Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:56 am)

odd thing is, I watched it without any problems a few days ago, but then yesterday I wanted to show it to my wife and suddenly the subs didn't work - I tried both Firefox and IE but all I got was the activity wheel

Btw, there is one more thing, which makes hardcoded subtitles highly preferable, and that is "mirroring".

It is very important that other evil deniers can easily grab your video and re-upload it to their own channels. That way it will still be around when your channel is eventually deleted.
with the CC-youtube subs, that is not possible unless you do a screencapture, which is much more work and often lowers the quality considerably.

I use Media Subtitler for timestamping and Virtual Dub, with subtitle plugin for hardcoding (both programs are freeeware) - but there are many other options out there

looking forward to more of your and bernamejs great work.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”