Another use of a fake photo to push the Holocaust story

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
grapple

Another use of a fake photo to push the Holocaust story

Postby grapple » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:57 am)

I was at the bookstore today and saw a new holocaust storybook on sale called the Twentieth Train. It is the story of rescuing some Jews off a train traveling from Belgium to Auschwitz. What caught my eye was the cover photo which showed a steam locomotive with a large swastika on the front. The problem is that the locomotive shown is of the type used in North America, most probably the United States. The proof is that the locomotive shown has a North American type coupler and pilot (cattle catcher) which was not used in Europe and certainly not used by the Belgium, German or Polish Railways which would have been involved in any train trip from Belgium to Auschwitz.

It shows how little the Author and Publisher care about historical accuracy of their book since they did not even attempt to use an accurate photo of the train involved. There are plenty of resources available, which show the Locomotives of the countries involved, so even with a little work they could have found an appropriate photo to put their swastika on. What is really insulting is the fact that they would show a North American locomotive since all of the counties involved (Canada, United States, and Mexico) fought Germany in World War II.

I guess any photo will due when you are pushing the Holocaust story.

The Twentieth Train
The True Story of the Ambush of the Death Train to Auschwitz by Marion Schreiber
Publisher Grove Press

http://www.groveatlantic.com/

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:48 pm)

This part is amusing:
Equipped with only three pairs of pliers, a hurricane lamp covered in red paper, and a single pistol, the men ambushed the train, which was transporting 1,618 Jews to Auschwitz.

First, if the story is true at all, which I seriously doubt, there is no evidence that these Jews were headed to Auschwitz to be murdered, nor that Auschwitz was a 'death camp' for mass murder. In fact the very notion that Jews would be transported so far just be murdered makes no sense at all. And yet this whopper says that 3 guys with 1 pistol and some pliers ambushed a German WWII train. Pathetic.

The dead giveaway:
...none of the escapees were betrayed. Yet the three young rescuers shared a different fate, ending for them in concentration camps and, for one, death.

One death, and we aren't told how, ofcourse. Not very convincing for an alleged 'policy of extermination'.

More lies from those who brought you human soap, laughable 'gas chambers', and Iraq's 'weapons of mass destruction'

- Hannover
Last edited by Hannover on Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

TruthSeeker
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby TruthSeeker » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:49 pm)

Well I am not an expert on locomotives, but using photos out of context is nothing new in the race to push forward the "holocaust" story. Just edit any photo from any war, blur it a bit, add a swastika, or some jewish stars on clothing, change the caption, and voila, you have a "holocaust" photo. :D Easy, huh? :D

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”