It's a close shave

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Kacey
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:22 am
Location: N. Ireland

It's a close shave

Postby Kacey » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:11 pm)

Hi,

I have only recently started to study the subject of the Holocaust.

On reading the tales (supposedly true) and looking at the pictures published in such books as the 'Scourge of the Swastika' and others, I have come across something which puzzles me greatly.

In all the books I have read it is stated that when the 'people' arrived at these 'extermination' camps, all their belongings were taken from them.
They had to leave their cases etc., at the side of the railwaytrack and march/walk to the camp.

On looking at the photographs of the inmates I immediately noticed two things:

1. Reasonably tidy haircuts.

2. The vast majority of males are 'clean shaven', even the corpses.

Now, either they were allowed to keep their razors, bear in mind that the majority of razors used then were of the 'open' type and not the safety razor, something I don't think that the Germans would allow if the camp was an extermination camp, or, conditions were far more relaxed than is generally portrayed in the vast amount of literature available.

Has anyone got an answer to this?

Kacey...

code yellow
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:07 am

Postby code yellow » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:38 pm)

Helloand welcome.The clean shaven haircuts and shaves are part of a hygenic system,especialy since typhus (brought on by lice),was a huge problem.If one enters the millitary,the first thing that happens is you are relieved of your civilian clothing,you get a very short(or totally bald) haircut,and you are sent to the showers.In Gerald Fleming's book,Hitler and the final solution,there are photos of naked women said to be,as described by the caption,told they are going to take a shower,and after be given uniforms and put to work,but they are allegedly headed for the gas chamber.If you ever see this picture,you will notice their civilian clothing and luggage behind them.They also have full heads of hair,wich indicates they have just arrived at the camp.It is quite resonabable to conclude that they are actualy going through a hygenic process.They will take a shower,their heads will be shaven,and they will be given uniforms and put to work.The photo does not show that they are headed for a gas chamber,so this has to be proven,and there is no way Mr. Fleming can since you don't see where they are headed,so the captions statement is false.So,like I stated,it is more resonable and sensible to conclude that they are actualy going through a standard hygenic process,and not gas chambers.This is what the haircuts are for.

rrohde
Member
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:52 pm

Postby rrohde » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:59 am)

It is very interesting and enlightening how common sense can debunk many of those alligations.

Very good observation, nicely put into context! Thanks for this tidbit!

Sushicotto
Member
Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:14 am

Re: It's a close shave

Postby Sushicotto » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:33 pm)

Kacey wrote:The vast majority of males are 'clean shaven', even the corpses...


Interesting point.

Does anyone know how the males MAINTAINED their "clean shaven" look, after going through the standard hygenic process?

Could they keep their own razor ("open" type)?

code yellow
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:07 am

Re: It's a close shave

Postby code yellow » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:19 am)

Sushicotto wrote:
Kacey wrote:The vast majority of males are 'clean shaven', even the corpses...


Interesting point.

Does anyone know how the males MAINTAINED their "clean shaven" look, after going through the standard hygenic process?

Could they keep their own razor ("open" type)?
:) Good question,to wich I have not an answer as yet.Although,in reference to Germans not permitting razors for their own safety,I think the inmates themselves would have to worry about that,as there is documented violence among internees in the camps.

Trojan
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:53 am

Postby Trojan » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:58 am)

code yellow wrote:The photo does not show that they are headed for a gas chamber,so this has to be proven,and there is no way Mr. Fleming can since you don't see where they are headed,so the captions statement is false.


The lack of information suggests the statement as unsupported by the evidence, to say that the caption is false implies some proof is offerred. Lack of evidence does not mean that there is no evidence - simply put, the evidence may not be available.

User avatar
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 9892
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:53 pm

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:47 pm)

Trojan said:
The lack of information suggests the statement as unsupported by the evidence, to say that the caption is false implies some proof is offerred. Lack of evidence does not mean that there is no evidence - simply put, the evidence may not be available.

Without intended malice, this statement is generally referred to as 'weasel words'. When a charge of mass murder in alleged gas chambers is made it is incumbent upon the accusers to provide evidence. Heretofore that evidence has not been / cannot be provided as Revisionist research has repeatedly shown. Lacking such evidence it is logical to assume there is no evidence, or it would be provided.

We know for a fact that these people were not 'headed to the gas chambers' as no homicidal gas chambers have ever been shown to exist. Logic 101.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Trojan
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:53 am

Postby Trojan » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:59 pm)

Lacking such evidence it is logical to assume there is no evidence, or it would be provided.

Hannover

Is the lack of evidence equal to actual evidence? I'd have to say no. Evidence can go undiscovered, it can be misinterpreted, lost, forgotten etc.

User avatar
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 9892
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:53 pm

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:46 pm)

Oh please, this is obfuscation and gamesmanship.

Where is the evidence for gas chambers?

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

User avatar
TruthSeeker
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:45 pm
Location: Lebanon

Postby TruthSeeker » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:51 pm)

Trojan wrote:Is the lack of evidence equal to actual evidence? I'd have to say no. Evidence can go undiscovered, it can be misinterpreted, lost, forgotten etc.

Perhaps, but that is in a system where one is "guilty until proven innocent." So unless you present proof that I am guilty of gassing X number of people, for example, you must prove that I indeed did gas people. This specifically goes to the Nuremberg Trials. Note that we must take into account what is logically possible and what is impossible. In fact, many of the exterminationist claims have been proven false through forensic studies, etc.

steve
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:24 pm
Location: Maryland

Postby steve » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:34 pm)

Hannover,

This is the second time in a week that I disagree with you! The stars must be in some sort of odd alignment!

You say: "We know for a fact that these people were not 'headed to the gas chambers' as no homicidal gas chambers have ever been shown to exist. Logic 101. "

The mathematician in me simply cannot let this go without a correction.
Just because the gas chambers have never been shown to exist does NOT mean we know FOR A FACT that the people were NOT headed for the gas chambers! It is similar to claiming that we know for a fact the gas chambers do not exist because there is no evidence for the existence of gas chambers. That is simply false.

I would say that there is no evidence to show the caption is true, since there is no evidence of gas chambers. Or, I may say the caption is false since it has been proven there were no gas chambers. (But, it has NOT been proven there were no gas chambers, only that there is no evidence of them. In the real world, I guess that does prove there were not any, but, not in the 'mathematical' world.) In any case, in the real logical sense, it is simply false to conclude the caption is false based on the fact that the gas chambers were never shown to exist.

I will admit, however, that since no evidence for gas chambers exists, that the caption is a LIE, but not necessarily FALSE. (I know, I probably sound like a Talmudist now!)

I suspect you are aware of this reasoning, but, was somewhat hasty in writing what you wrote. In any event, my point has to do with logic and correct wording. As far as the caption goes, yeah, it's a lie, and, in fact, false.

Steve

User avatar
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 9892
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:53 pm

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:48 pm)

Steve:

You're reaching, to say the least. Using your 'logic' these Jews could have been on their way to drink beer with Jesus.

Real logic would deduce: 1. given that there are no indicators they were 'going to the gas chambers' and 2. given that there is no evidence that there were homicidal 'gas chambers, it is necessarily illogical to assert they were 'on their way to the gas chambers'.

I think you're trying way too hard.

- H.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

User avatar
TruthSeeker
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:45 pm
Location: Lebanon

Postby TruthSeeker » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:44 pm)

Steve, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there adequate proof that the gas chambers could not have existed? Unless there are gas chambers that aren't discovered yet, that would mean that there were no gas chambers....

User avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1657
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:23 am

Postby Moderator » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:20 pm)

Ok, this argument is going in circles, in fact it's gotten downright silly.

Let's talk about alleged evidence or lack of and not engage in 'how many angels can dance on the head of a pin' arguments, when there are no angels.

- Moderator
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

mscfs2
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:56 am

Postby mscfs2 » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:55 pm)

This thread started out as a question about the clean shaven look of prisoners.

There is actually a reasonable explanation for this phenomena.

Hair is chiefly composed of a protein called Keratin and water. It's growth rate is affected by several different hormones and elemental zinc seems to have a significant effect.

A medical condition called Protein Energy Malnutrition (PEM) will severely reduce hair growth on humans (makes sense if hair is chiefly composed of the protein Keratin). PEM is caused by a diet restricted in protein and is especially prevalent in "low protein crash diets".

The photos I've viewed of prisoners with emaciated musculature strongly indicate Protein Energy Malnutrition. It may also indicate insufficient fat content in their diet which results in a condition called ketosis which causes body protein to be converted to carbohydrates so that cellular metabolism can continue.

I suspect the "clean shaven look" may be a result of general malnutrition, protein energy malnutrition, dietary fat restricted ketosis, and chronic dehydration as all of the above factors will restrict the growth of hair on humans even resulting in complete hair loss in some cases.
Last edited by mscfs2 on Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 1 guest