Major Revisionist Conf. / April 24-25 / CANCELLED / ON

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Webmaster
Administration
Administration

Major Revisionist Conf. / April 24-25 / CANCELLED / ON

Postby Webmaster » 1 decade 6 years ago (Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:39 am)

MAJOR REVISIONIST CONFERENCE
SET FOR APRIL IN SACRAMENTO
An important meeting of revisionist scholars and activists is set for the weekend of Saturday-Sunday, April 24-25, 2004, in Sacramento, California.

With a stellar line-up of speakers, this is shaping up as the revisionist event of the year. It’s already generating a lot of interest and "buzz," and the "traditional enemies" are taking note.

Among the 15 scheduled speakers are:

Horst Mahler, author and attorney (Germany)
Mark Weber, director of the Institute for Historical Review
Fredrick Töben, director of the Adelaide Institute (Australia)
Paul Fromm, director of the Canadian Association for Free Expression
Bradley R. Smith, chairman of the Committee for Open Debate on the Holocaust
Germar Rudolf, editor-publisher of The Revisionist
Dr. Claus Nordbruch, author (South Africa)
Lady Michelle Renouf (England)
Dariusz Ratajczak, scholar (Poland)
Barry Chamish, author (Israel)
Richard Krege
Dr. Bob Countess, US Revisionist
Dr. Gerhoch Reisegger, Austrian Revisionist
Peter Wakefield Sault, England
Edgar Steele, Attorney and Columnist, USA
"Mystery Speaker"
Harvey Taylor will serve as Master of Ceremonies.
Organizer: Walter F. Mueller

Registration is $35 per person. That includes the Ernst Zundel Revisionist Resource Guide as well as six meals. To register, write to:

[email protected]

For security reasons, the conference location is not being publicly announced beforehand. It will be disclosed to all registered attendees in form of a reservation package, which includes tickets, location and hotel information.

The European American Culture Council of Sacramento is hosting the two-day event.

It is sponsored by the Adelaide Institute of Australia
( www.adelaideinstitute.org ).

The Institute for Historical Review ( www.ihr.org ) is providing financial assistance.

For further information, contact organizer Walter F. Mueller, publisher of Community News:

Tel. 916 - 927 8553

E-mail: [email protected]

Regular mail: P.O. Box 191677, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA

aemathisphd

Postby aemathisphd » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:48 pm)

It's been canceled.

a.m.
Those that would sacrifice freedom for temporary security deserve neither.

Moderator3

Postby Moderator3 » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:54 pm)

Yes, that has been confirmed. The conference website has comments.
http://www.internationalrevisionistconference.com/

Thank you, Moderator3

Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Conference back on

Postby Sannhet » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:26 pm)

This is clearly a case of breaking contract, whether you agree with Revisionists or think they are full of hot air. There was an agreement in place months before, and they reneged on the contract just yesterday, mere days before the event was to begin. It seems this 'turnverein' has no honor, if they had cancelled it last week, an alternate site might have been found to hold the full Conference. This is a sad day for freedom, even if you hate Revisionists (how did that poem go about the Nazis? "First they came for the Jews, but I was not a jew so I said nothing, then they came for the Communists, but I was not a Communist...")

Anyway, this just in: the Conference is back on in a somewhat abridged form:

SPECIAL IHR MEETING IN SACRAMENTO ON SATURDAY

News from the Institute for Historical Review
Tuesday, April 20, 2004

A special one-day IHR meeting will be held in Sacramento, California, on Saturday, April 24. This event is being organized following cancellation yesterday of the much-publicized two-day International Revisionist Conference in Sacramento.
The IHR meeting is tentatively scheduled to begin on Saturday afternoon at 2:00 p.m., and will end at 9:30 p.m.

Persons who wish to attend should contact Harvey Taylor, local IHR organizer: Tel. 530 - 656 2444. E-mail: [email protected] Or contact the IHR office: Tel. 949 - 631 1490. [email protected]

There is no registration fee, although donations to help defray expenses are welcome. Meals are the responsibility of the individual attendees.

For security reasons, persons interested in attending will be informed of the meeting location on a case by case basis.

Speakers will include:

Mark Weber, director of the IHR

Edgar Steele, attorney (Idaho)

Other speakers are being lined up. Harvey Taylor will serve as Master of Ceremonies.

Suitable attire, please. (No T-shirts)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sacramento Turnverein, a German-American cultural center, yesterday cancelled its contract to host the two-day International Revisionist Conference. Walter Mueller, conference organizer, then issued a statement: "With great outrage do I have to tell you that the conference has been cancelled. The Sacramento Turnverein caved in to the massive pressure of the Jewish community and cancelled our facility."

The Jewish Defense League sent out a statement boasting of its role: "...We had been diligently working behind the scenes to facilitate just such an event [that is, the cancellation]. Today has been a very good day for the Jewish Community of Sacramento... and for the Jewish Defense League who can add another battle star to our banner."

http://www.ihr.org/news/040420_conference.shtml

aemathisphd

Re: Conference back on

Postby aemathisphd » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:31 pm)

Sannhet wrote:This is clearly a case of breaking contract, whether you agree with Revisionists or think they are full of hot air. There was an agreement in place months before, and they reneged on the contract just yesterday, mere days before the event was to begin. It seems this 'turnverein' has no honor, if they had cancelled it last week, an alternate site might have been found to hold the full Conference.

The problem, it would seem, is two-fold.

(1) Walter Mueller gave an interview to the Sacramanto Bee last week and stated that he would be sponsoring Holocaust revisionists.

(2) According to Turnverein, Mueller did *not* tell them this. That is what's called a "bad faith contract," and it's not enforceable. The First Amendment guarantees a private organization the right to deny speech on private property. The First Amendment cuts both ways.

a.m.

Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Sannhet » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:03 pm)

first amendment or not, free speech is being trampled on, IMO anyway.

The "hosts" of this event knew long before last week that Holocaust Revisionists would be in attendance, among others. So I dont buy the story that the hosts cancelled because they were so shocked and outraged upon hearing who the speakers would be, as they knew months in advance. I think the decision has more to do with pressure from certain groups that love to strangle all debate on this topic. It's a classic tactic

aemathisphd

Postby aemathisphd » 1 decade 6 years ago (Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:42 am)

Sannhet wrote:first amendment or not, free speech is being trampled on, IMO anyway.

Mueller et al. can still stand on a street corner and say whatever they want to. A First Amendment violation charge would be laughed out of court.[/quote]

The "hosts" of this event knew long before last week that Holocaust Revisionists would be in attendance, among others. So I dont buy the story that the hosts cancelled because they were so shocked and outraged upon hearing who the speakers would be, as they knew months in advance. I think the decision has more to do with pressure from certain groups that love to strangle all debate on this topic. It's a classic tactic

If what you say is true, then Mueller has a case for breach of contract. If Mueller is not telling the truth, however, he has opened himself up to a libel action by claiming that the Turnverein folks knew beforehand of the conference's content.

a.m.

Richard Murphy

Postby Richard Murphy » 1 decade 6 years ago (Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:49 am)

Horst Mahler, author and attorney (Germany)
Mark Weber, director of the Institute for Historical Review
Fredrick Töben, director of the Adelaide Institute (Australia)
Bradley R. Smith, chairman of the Committee for Open Debate on the Holocaust
Germar Rudolf, editor-publisher of The Revisionist
Dr. Claus Nordbruch, author (South Africa)
Dariusz Ratajczak, scholar (Poland)
Barry Chamish, author (Israel)
Richard Krege
Dr. Bob Countess, US Revisionist
Dr. Gerhoch Reisegger, Austrian Revisionist
Peter Wakefield Sault, England
Edgar Steele, Attorney and Columnist, USA
"Mystery Speaker"
Harvey Taylor will serve as Master of Ceremonies.
Organizer: Walter F. Mueller

Surely all Mr. Mueller has to do is provide correspondance between him and the "Secret" venue from more than two or three weeks ago that makes clear the exact nature of the conference and whom the speakers were going to be? Isn't it Revs. that are always insisting on "evidence".
Naturally, if the venue can't produce copies of the same correspondance (Which I would have thought that, if it existed, would have been filed.), there is no veracity in the claim, hence no foul.

What, exactly, did Mueller say when he applied to hire the venue?

Regards from the Park,

Rich

Turpitz
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Turpitz » 1 decade 6 years ago (Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:10 pm)

The Jewish Defense League sent out a statement boasting of its role: "...We had been diligently working behind the scenes to facilitate just such an event [that is, the cancellation]. Today has been a very good day for the Jewish Community of Sacramento... and for the Jewish Defense League who can add another battle star to our banner."

What sort of 'battle star' is it that's derived from skull-duggery and deception?

A far respectful star could be earned by having a civilised conversation and debate on the matter, and prove those that doubt, wrong with logical and rational proof/evidence.

But no! Debate is feared amongst this clan of deceivers, fear fills their eyes at the very mention of it's name. An honourable conclusion cannot be wrought from a cornered Rat. It will stoop to unknown depths to survive!

Elie Wiesel: "My experience is that the fanatic hides from true debate. The concept of dialogue is foreign to him. He knows how to speak in monologues only, so debate is superfluous to him." --"When Passion is Dangerous," Parade magazine, April 19, 1992, p. 21

Richard Murphy

Postby Richard Murphy » 1 decade 6 years ago (Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:52 pm)

The JDL can claim all the credit it likes, but, I'd like to see their evidence that anything they did in this instance made any difference.

Given that the venue is a German cultural centre, surely it was obvious that, had they known the subject of the conference, they would have said no from the outset, hence the suspicion the Mueller wasn't up front.

Of course, as I said before, he could always post the correspondance that shows that he had been.

Regards from the Park,

Rich

aemathisphd

Postby aemathisphd » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:17 am)

Do we know who the "mystery speaker" was going to be at this point, or will s/he be attending Weber's fest instead?

a.m.

Karl S

Postby Karl S » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:53 pm)

Gentlemen,

I’ll think you are all on the wrong track why this conference has been cancelled and now is on again. Here is what I received from a friend.

Fredrick Toben - in Sacramento, California

22 April 2004

"Life is trouble, only death is not. To be alive is to take off your belt and look for trouble."

That's what Zorba the Greek said in a moment of despair as his friend asked for the meaning of life. When, together with his friend who had financed a project, the whole structure fell apart, exclaimed "Let's dance" - and they did the now famous Zorba dance.

The above comes to mind as I sit here in Sacramento in a friend's home, reflecting on the full extent of that email news item I received when entering the USA after spending a pleasant night in Brighton, England.

Walter Mueller, the organiser of our conference from the Sacramento end had unilaterally pulled the plug on the conference because the venue managers had cancelled his booking. The details of this will keep a number of individuals busy for a while - blaming the Jews, etc. But there is no need to blame the Jews when we have those who bend to their pressure. The cancelled Revisionist conference in Lebanon comes to mind.

There was also talk of some extremist white nationalists taking over the conference, and Mark Weber - IHR- is, as far as Walter Mueller is concerned, heavily involved in this. Walter Mueller distanced himself from such overt expression of politics and advised his 350-odd individuals who were going to attend the meeting that it was definitely off.

There was no attempt at finding an alternate venue because Walter Mueller had done everything correctly to this point, i.e. advising the venue officials what he was on about in asking that the conference be held in their hall. He and MC for the conference, Harvey Taylor, had given many media interviews on the matter.

Also, something that was a first for any conference, through a daily email bulletin, Walter Mueller informed in absolute detail on the progress of the conference. Usually conferences are planned by a committee and outsiders do not have a look into how things are developing. For example the settling of the speakers' list is always one of compromise - who accepts and who declines, and who at the last moment is able to jump in and replace a speaker who cancels at the last moment.

I was such a replacement at the 2002 IHR conference when Fritz Berg pulled out, and then Jurgen Graf could not attend owing to his wife's illness. Instead of Jurgen and I sharing half an hour of Fritz's talk time, Mark Weber advised that I had a full hour to fill. And so one has to improvise, something that was not too difficult especially after my just having attended the TBR conference in Washington. However, as a large number of individuals attending the IHR conference also attended the TBR conference that weekend before, I had to make certain that I did not repeat myself - and that goes especially for the jokes. There is nothing worse than to hear a speaker a second time and he trots out the same old worn joke.

So, I was prepared for anything to happen at Sacramento, even going so far as to provide Walter Mueller with a video that would serve to cover my possible absence as the first speaker of the conference.

Mueller's detailed emails became a classic in that the recipients gained a full feel of what it takes to mount a conference, especially the ups and downs that normal human interaction brings with it. Students of literature are fully aware of this normal behaviour that we call ' the battle of the wills'. Others would label it the 'ego thing', but I shy away from using Freudian concepts because they are too base and they do not embrace the human potential that resides in our ideals, from which most individuals gain their sustenance in time of demanding stress. Hence the importance in such times to have a balance between body and mind, not one or the other.

So, through his emails Walter Mueller took us on that roller-coaster ride that most individuals experience privately when planning anything. He objectified the matter to the point that some felt it was too much of a gossip shop.

However, I delighted in it because it is better to have a dialogue (with lots of monologues) than nurture a festering them-us hatred. Walter got it off his chest in often explicit and basic terminology. For many academics it was a fresh breeze that was blowing from Sacramento. There were others who visualised a tempestuous and destructive storm.

But anyone who has been in public, and who has organised things, will know that the whole range of human endeavour is ever present when things are planned.

Thus we had massive criticism from within the Revisionist camp - and I can hear them now with their "I told you so!"

Interestingly, when planning things, one does listen to critical voices that inevitably multiply as the date of a set function nears. However, as the responsibility rests with the individuals who have come together for the purpose of staging an event, listening to someone does not necessarily mean acting on such advice.

On a number of occasions I wrote emails stating " I hear you...". And so although I am terribly disappointed that Walter unilaterally cancelled the conference - without consulting me - it is not a devastating blow. The cancellation has brought with it other phenomena that are also of interest.

Some Jewish group is reported to be crowing of a victory, something I find perhaps also a normal reaction - but such an attitude does not help in encouraging dialogue. In fact it brings out and further accentuates the them-us hatred that such groups propagate.

And now to current developments.

Mark Weber is desirous in picking up the pieces of the conference, something that is to my liking, as I, too, have not yielded to the situation and claimed defeat.

However, Mark wishes the conference to be known as a new conference and call it an IHR Revisionist conference. I disagree with that because, unbeknown to him, our list of speakers practically remains the same. After I mentioned this he quickly added Ingrid Zundel-Rimland to the list who will be interviewed per telephone.

I also stated that it seems parasitical and cannibalistic to call this conference a new and IHR conference because the matter is not new, but a mere re-constituting of something that Walter Mueller had been putting together for many months. it would be too presumptuous of Mark Weber to do that, and I did say to him it smacks of triumphalism of the basest sort where individuals are gleefully gloating at the breakdown of Walter Mueller's work.

Such divisiveness I cannot see any value in entertaining. Who profits from such?

The enemy can gloat over it all but surely those who have a love of truth and beauty cannot be anything but rather sad that we have had this breakdown. Hence, the positive attitude needs to be retained, and Harvey Taylor expressed this quite well to me.

The ever diplomatic Harvey Taylor, who remains Master of Ceremonies, suggested that the conference be re-named the Ernst Zundel Revisionist Conference, something that I agreed would make it acceptable to me. Harvey Taylor thus proceeded to make a firm booking at a venue where the conference will now be held just for one day, on Saturday, 24 April, beginning at 12 noon until 10pm.

I had difficulties accepting that Mark Weber offer me an invitation to our own conference, albeit now re-structured. Further, the speakers that did not cancel their flights, and are on their way to Sacramento, will be offered their opportunity to address the meeting.

I did make a request to Walter Mueller that, owing to the fact that we were the other half of the organisation that sponsored speakers, he send through his extensive email list a request from us that individuals should still continue to come to Sacramento, especially those who have paid up. Also, it would be good if the number of individuals was sizeable because in this way the motel bookings would not be that drastically reduced so as to financially hurt the venue that accepted the block accommodation booking.

When you arrive, please contact Harvey Taylor at Sacramento: [email protected];
tel: 1-530-6562-444

Stay tuned - from the battlefront.

Fredrick Toben

Adelaide Institute

aemathisphd

Postby aemathisphd » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:57 pm)

There was also talk of some extremist white nationalists taking over the conference, and Mark Weber - IHR- is, as far as Walter Mueller is concerned, heavily involved in this. Walter Mueller distanced himself from such overt expression of politics and advised his 350-odd individuals who were going to attend the meeting that it was definitely off.

Interesting. Mueller's right, of course. Weber has been in deep with extremists since his arrest in Germany in '76 as a member of the NSDAP/AO -- if not earlier.

a.m.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”