Italian blog Olodogma under attack.

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Werd
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Italian blog Olodogma under attack.

Postby Werd » 5 years 6 months ago (Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:05 am)

1101 - Olodogma is under attack!

Our site is under attack for a long time. Lately attempts to force the "gateway" have multiplied, from Italy and abroad.
We do not consider these attacks as intimidation, which are carried in abundance in other ways, but as a pure exercise (attempted) of repression of freedom of expression.

Below are reproduced some of the many mails WordPress where the income of the various intrusion attempts ...

Date: June 27, 2015 23:11:05 EDT
A: [email protected]
Subject: Alert from WordPress
WordPress has detected and blocked a potential attack!
Web Page: olodogma.com/wordpress/
Offending IP: 94.131.14.14 [Get IP location: Russia]
-
Date: June 28, 2015 00:15:20 EDT
Offending IP: 94.131.14.14 [Get IP location: Russia]
-
Date: 30 June 2015 11:40:19 CEST
Offending IP: 176.36.52.189 [Get IP location: Ukraine]

We ask all readers of these pages, who are interested in continuing to read us, to report, to the following address: [email protected] , ALL access problem or malfunction of the site.
Thanks!

Webmaster
Administration
Administration

Re: Italian blog Olodogma under attack.

Postby Webmaster » 5 years 6 months ago (Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:21 am)

This is normal for WordPress installations; automated bots crawl domains and/or IP ranges to find a vulnerable target in order to exploit the site and use it as a platform for further attacks. We get our share of attacks too, mostly the odd SSH bruteforcers.
I webmaster another site and the WAF blocks 1700 attacks on average every 24 hours.
Webmaster

LYZ

Postby LYZ » 5 years 6 months ago (Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:00 pm)

Hi Webmaster,

I had to delete my website on holocaust revisionism a few weeks ago due to such attacks. It wasn't even near the amount that the Italian blog is suffering as it was quite new, but I still received a lot of unusual and malicious activity, despite installing more than a dozen security plugins beforehand. So I deleted it until I found a more secure way of hosting a holocaust revisionist website (preferably with WP).

If you don't mind, could you go through the procedure I, and others in my position, should go through to create and run a secure website like yours (codoh.com)? Thanks.

Webmaster
Administration
Administration

Postby Webmaster » 5 years 6 months ago (Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:02 pm)

LYZ,

Can you please send me a private message with the address to your website? I realise you have taken it down, but it would still be helpful for me.
Webmaster

LYZ wrote:Hi Webmaster,

I had to delete my website on holocaust revisionism a few weeks ago due to such attacks. It wasn't even near the amount that the Italian blog is suffering as it was quite new, but I still received a lot of unusual and malicious activity, despite installing more than a dozen security plugins beforehand. So I deleted it until I found a more secure way of hosting a holocaust revisionist website (preferably with WP).

If you don't mind, could you go through the procedure I, and others in my position, should go through to create and run a secure website like yours (codoh.com)? Thanks.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”