Buried Train Gold Rush

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Inquisitor
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Buried Train Gold Rush

Postby Inquisitor » 4 years 7 months ago (Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:51 am)

I share the skepticism of others on this entire tale. That a train or sections thereof, could have been - intentionally or otherwise - entombed in an underground tunnel in the closing months of WW2 is hardly beyond belief. Yet that is effectively where anything believable ends for me. The rest sounds entirely too much like folklore, myth, Hollywood-inspired imagination and so on. Nevertheless, I'd just as quickly believe the entire thing is nonsense too.

These tales of hidden "stolen Nazi gold/treasure/money" have existed in various forms since right after the war. My guess is that profiteers and criminals of a variety of backgrounds realized early on there was a potential for laying claim upon a whole variety of items that were effectively "orphaned" by the war, etc. Out of that, myths and legends almost certainly grew in that avaricious soil, and the rest is indeed..."history."

---------

Mulegino1
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mulegino1 » 4 years 7 months ago (Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:37 am)

If the Germans were planning upon cremating the corpses, it would have made no sense to have people pulling gold fillings out of the mouths of victims of cyanide poisoning; the gold would be easily recoverable after the cremation, among the cremains! Anyone who works in the cremation business will tell you that this is the case.

Speeder

Postby Speeder » 4 years 7 months ago (Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:50 am)

Is it not the case that Germany, Austria and Switzerland (and several other countries as well) have already handsomely compensated for Jewish losses? Its not the fault of the "survivors and heirs" that crooked "Jewish settlement organisations" and the State of Israel helped themselves to a goodly chunk of the compensation before passing it on, that is how these entities work.

If that is so I cannot see that the WJC has any claim on anything that might be found as compensation has already been paid.

If "treasures and gold" are found then perhaps those who have already received compensation could return what they have already been paid, after all they will be getting back what they lost. Alternatively they could offset the money they have been paid to date against the value of anything found and just receive the balance if anything.

Oh hold on, silly me :? that's not how "holocaust economics" work is it?

Regards

Speeder

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”