American gas chamber history

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
ClaudiaRothenbach
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby ClaudiaRothenbach » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:27 pm)

Trtsk wrote
Firstly the amount of people in a room is going to effect the ambient temperature and humidity.

Lots of people increase the temperature. The gas will leave the pellets faster. Lots of people will increase humidity. This will retard the process.

Secondly if the gas chambers were ventilated before opening then there would be no hazard to others inside the Crema.

Ventilation equipment was not there (cremas 1, 4, 5) or not strong enough (crema 2, 3).

Should we not believe that the gas will fully discharge more quickly?

Yes, it would. At 20 degrees it would take 1 hr to release 90%. At 30 degrees it would take 50 minutes. The temperature is not so important.

You find all these details in the rudolf report. Richard Green could convince a judge. He can never convince an honest chemist or another natural scientist.

trtsk

Postby trtsk » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:24 pm)

Hannover wrote:'Jacking up' the temperature a few degrees is a strawman; that would still not allow the cyanide to be released completely from the Zyklon-B in 5 minutes as alleged by wacky 'eyewitnesses'.

I notice trtsk ignored the ventilation threads I referred him to. Why?

And again, if the alleged sonderkommandos waited and did not enter the alleged gas chambers immediately, the numbers that were allegedly gassed could not have been achieved in the timeframe alleged. Hence they would have needed to move immediately or the story does not hold on that basis alone. But if they entered immediately, before the Zyklon-B was finished releasing it's cyanide, massive problems would have occurred.

The story is ridiculous anyway you cut it.

Mr. Hannover a straw man is when one constructs a false argument on the part of their opponent and debates that rather than the real argument of their opponent. I have not done this. I have responded to your allegation that it would take too long to effectively gas human beings by pointing out with the agreement of another poster here that in fact raising the temperature would increase the release of the gas. I disagree with her that humidity would impede this process and so apparently does Sailor. I also disagree with her that ventilation was unsufficient.

Thus there is no straw man here.

I have not ignored the threads you brought up. I just did not find anything worth responding to in them.

Your concluding paragraphs depends entirely on your version of your events and your understanding of chemistry. I suggest that you are incorrect on both counts.

I would also like to add that in Kremas without ventilation gas masks were worn by the SK.

It comes down to this. If you place less Zyklon-B in a hotter and more humid chamber with less fresh air then you are going to produce gas more quickly and for that matter have it dissipate more quickly. Since it takes less cyanide to kill people than lice there is still no reason to think that the scenario as history records it is inaccurate.

Tom

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:03 pm)

Implying that a slight heat increase would cause the gas to completely exit the Zyklon-B in 5 minutes is a false/strawman argument.

Gas masks for all those in the campsite?

The lice vs humans canard is debunked in the Rudolf Report, I suggest trtsk read it.
I suggest that you are incorrect on both counts.

Suggesting is not demonstrating.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

trtsk

Postby trtsk » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:23 pm)

Hannover wrote:Implying that a slight heat increase would cause the gas to completely exit the Zyklon-B in 5 minutes is a false/strawman argument.

Gas masks for all those in the campsite?

The lice vs humans canard is debunked in the Rudolf Report, I suggest trtsk read it.
I suggest that you are incorrect on both counts.

Suggesting is not demonstrating.

Apparently you do not understand what a straw man is. I will not bother to repeat myself.

Gas masks were not given to everyone in the camp. The suggestion is ridiculous. Only the SK were given gas masks. That Mr. Hannover is a straw man that you have just presented.

Do you maintain that a body louse can be killed with less cyanide than a human being? Even Rudolf does not maintain this as you claim he does.

"It is true that mammals are far more sensitive to HCN than insects. The question is, however, what concentration of hydrogen cyanide is required to conduct a mass gassing as described by the alleged eye witnesses."

Obviously Mr. Rudolf's point of view has been misrepresented here.

Tom

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:38 pm)

If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”