Revisionism goes mainstream

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Atigun
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Revisionism goes mainstream

Postby Atigun » 4 years 4 months ago (Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:29 pm)

The conservative news site, Breitbart News posted an article about "Mein Kampf" being published again and available in Germany. There have been over 1,000 comments and I was surprised at how many of them were unabashedly revisionist. There's even a link to Fritz Berg's nazi gassings website plus other revisionist sites. It does indeed look as though we are reaching a tipping point in the discussion of the holocaust. The usual invective by exterminationists to "refute" revisionists simply isn't working anymore even on what can only be considered a mainstream website. Here's the article. http://www.breitbart.com/national-secur ... d-germany/

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Revisionism goes mainstream

Postby Hektor » 4 years 4 months ago (Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:23 pm)

While Breitbart site won't be considered "extremist" by the ADL/SPLC, it's hardly a main stream site. One mainly finds paleo-conservatives and libertarians there. Each group makes up about 10 % of the population. The ones writing there will of course be again just be a selection from that pool. It's still encouraging that many commentators there would be willing to take a pro-Revisionist stance. It shouldn't be too surprising there.
Libertarians always have been suspicious of state ordained points of view. And conservatives were bashed with cultural Marxist stuff loaded with some Holocaust snake oil. So they may have their reason for finding Holocaust Revisionism palatable. That's of course, if they aren't brain-dead Israel-firsters, which you'll find in the US quite often.
There were surveys done on Holocaust belief and they mainly give the Revisionist POV 10 to 15%. of a given first world population. That may however be misleading, since those conducting the survey have some confirmation bias and may have worked the questions accordingly. And then the respondents may not be always that open about their true beliefs or doubts.

The claim that "All Revisionists are neo-Nazis trying to repeat the Holocaust and exonerate the Nazi-Regime" is clearly nonsense of course.
But it's of course true that once someone lost his faith in the Holocaust, he will not be as easily manipulated with political correctness anymore. So he may be coming out as a race-realist and also not intimidated anymore by terms like homophobia, islamophobia, sexist, racist, militarist, fascist, nazi, white privilege, capitalist exploiter, etc.

Mulegino1
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mulegino1 » 4 years 4 months ago (Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:59 pm)

Atigun wrote:The conservative news site, Breitbart News posted an article about "Mein Kampf" being published again and available in Germany. There have been over 1,000 comments and I was surprised at how many of them were unabashedly revisionist. There's even a link to Fritz Berg's nazi gassings website plus other revisionist sites. It does indeed look as though we are reaching a tipping point in the discussion of the holocaust. The usual invective by exterminationists to "refute" revisionists simply isn't working anymore even on what can only be considered a mainstream website. Here's the article. http://www.breitbart.com/national-secur ... d-germany/

I just made a little contribution of my own about the way that the "Big Lie" myth has been perpetuated. Hitler (and Goebbels) did not use the "Big Lie" to dupe the masses as we have been told. Hitler denounced the "Big Lie" in the strongest terms in Mein Kampf! The usual suspects, with their characteristic talent for distortion and twisting of facts, have attempted (successfully, in my view) to give Hitler's words regarding the "Big Lie" the polar opposite of their true meaning!

Atigun
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Atigun » 4 years 4 months ago (Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:03 pm)

Yes, I saw that, Mulegino. I also saw that you were getting some positive feedback from another poster. I'm surprised that no exterminationist hasn't posted the, "Yer a eeevul, anti-Semitic Narziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews" rebuttal yet.

Hektor is probably right that Breitbart isn't a "real" mainstream news source but, in the aggregate, the alternative news sources such as the Drudge Report, World Net Daily, The Daily Caller, Info Wars, et al. make up a mainstream source of their own. As with talk radio, these news sources are known, have an influence of their own over a wide audience and must be taken seriously.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 4 years 4 months ago (Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:33 am)

Breitbart isn't main stream, but they aren't fringe neither. They must have thousands of readers. And as said they are probably from a spectrum of 20% of Americans. To their credit, they haven't removed Revisionists visitor comments and that's a good start we can live with.

Perhaps we should collect sources that may assist supporting the Revisionist position there?

Inquisitor
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Inquisitor » 4 years 4 months ago (Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:41 pm)

Wow - I'm very surprised to hear this. My experience with Breitbart commenters is that they are, almost to an individual, a pack of blindly fanatical philo-Semites, who even give run-of-the-mill Conservatism Inc. types a run for their money in terms of slavish devotion to Israel and all things Jewish.

Hmmm...

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 4 years 4 months ago (Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:53 pm)

Inquisitor wrote:Wow - I'm very surprised to hear this. My experience with Breitbart commenters is that they are, almost to an individual, a pack of blindly fanatical philo-Semites, who even give run-of-the-mill Conservatism Inc. types a run for their money in terms of slavish devotion to Israel and all things Jewish.

Hmmm...

You are absolutely right, Breitbart is pro-Zionist above everything else. However, they do some good work in taking on much of the leftists 'get whitey' agenda.

It's a start anyway.

- Hannover

The 'holocaust' storyline is one of the most easily debunked narratives ever contrived. That is why those who question it are arrested and persecuted. That is why violent, racist, & privileged Jewish supremacists demand censorship. What sort of truth is it that crushes the freedom to seek the truth? Truth needs no protection from scrutiny.

The tide is turning.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”