Hitler's 2nd Book - Zweites Buch

All aspects including lead-in to hostilities and results.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Hitler's 2nd Book - Zweites Buch

Postby Lamprecht » 2 months 6 days ago (Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:51 pm)

Anyone read this or know anything about it? It can be read here: https://archive.is/81Cg0

According to David Irving, the book not only is authentic, but is also more reliable than Mein Kampf, being written by Hitler's own hand: http://www.fpp.co.uk/Letters/History_03 ... 50603.html

Mein Kampf he says was dictated to Rudolf Hess (who probably took some 'poetic license' when writing Fuhrer's words down) during their stay in the Landsberg prison.

According to this summary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zweites_Buch

The Zweites Buch (pronounced [ˈtsvaɪ̯təs buːχ], "Second Book"), unofficially published in English as Hitler's Secret Book and then officially Hitler's Second Book,[1] is an unedited transcript of Adolf Hitler's thoughts on foreign policy written in 1928; it was written after Mein Kampf and was not published in his lifetime. The Zweites Buch was not published in 1928 because Mein Kampf did not sell well at that time and Hitler's publisher, Franz-Eher-Verlag, told Hitler that a second book would hinder sales even more.
In contrast to Mein Kampf, in Zweites Buch Hitler added a fourth stage to the Stufenplan. He insinuated that in the far future a struggle for world domination might take place between the United States and a European alliance comprising a new association of nations, consisting of individual states with high national value.[3] Zweites Buch also offers a different perspective on the U.S. than that outlined in Mein Kampf. In the latter, Hitler declared that Germany's most dangerous opponent on the international scene was the Soviet Union; in Zweites Buch, Hitler declared that for immediate purposes, the Soviet Union was still the most dangerous opponent, but that in the long-term, the most dangerous potential opponent was the United States.[4]

Someone told me that he wrote some plan to invade America. I think that is a misconception because I can't find anything about it from googling, and it seems simply from this description he only saw war with USA as inevitable. But I have only just started reading this book.
"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principal is contempt prior to investigation."
-- Herbert Spencer

Janus

Re: Hitler's 2nd Book - Zweites Buch

Postby Janus » 1 month 4 weeks ago (Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:30 am)

Lamprecht wrote:Anyone read this or know anything about it? It can be read here: https://archive.is/81Cg0

According to David Irving, the book not only is authentic, but is also more reliable than Mein Kampf, being written by Hitler's own hand: http://www.fpp.co.uk/Letters/History_03 ... 50603.html
Probably there is much reliability about the Zweites Buch, but the most important part is his view on Sparta as the first Volkisch state and his reference to the relationship between Spartans and helots, which is consistent with views found in the table talks, Platterhof hotel talks, and the memoirs of Otto Wagener and Otto Strasser.

Lamprecht wrote:Mein Kampf he says was dictated to Rudolf Hess (who probably took some 'poetic license' when writing Fuhrer's words down) during their stay in the Landsberg prison.
Did he take into account Eugene K. Bird's testimony (keep in mind that Hess' memory was either inconsistent or declining during his prison years)?

From The Loneliest Man in the World, p.g. 208-209:
Q: 'Hess, it has often been said that when the Führer wrote Mein Kampf in Landsberg, where you were in prison together, that you acted as his stenographer. Others say you supplied some of the ideas. Which is true?'
A: 'I don't believe I helped the Führer write his book. I might have done, but I don't think so.'

Also, Rudolf Hess' views on fate were personally fatalistic (drawing from Schopenhauer) whereas Hitler privately hinted that he knew about fate's operations (emulating Nietzsche, rejecting Oswald Spengler). No "poetic license" was taken on this subject.

I personally find Mein Kampf to be a natural read, very easy to get immersed in compared to Zweites Buch (which is reminiscent of Bismarck's strictly political memoirs). It'd be a mistake to view Mein Kampf as a mere biography, political ramble, anti-Semitic rhetoric, propaganda geared for Christians, etc. It's an epoch-making book.

The Zweites Buch was not published in 1928 because Mein Kampf did not sell well at that time and Hitler's publisher, Franz-Eher-Verlag, told Hitler that a second book would hinder sales even more.
So the official narrative says, without offering any sources. Sounds like a myth to me.

Zweites Buch also offers a different perspective on the U.S. than that outlined in Mein Kampf. In the latter, Hitler declared that Germany's most dangerous opponent on the international scene was the Soviet Union; in Zweites Buch, Hitler declared that for immediate purposes, the Soviet Union was still the most dangerous opponent, but that in the long-term, the most dangerous potential opponent was the United States.[4]
Because that is actually the case.

Technology and industrialization are not suited for the Russian people, but are the linchpin holding America together.

Someone told me that he wrote some plan to invade America. I think that is a misconception because I can't find anything about it from googling, and it seems simply from this description he only saw war with USA as inevitable. But I have only just started reading this book.
If he wanted world domination, he would have asked the British and US for their permission.

During the war, he envisioned in his private conversations a war between England and America on at least two occasions:

July 25, 1941 (Jochmann):
England und Amerika werden einmal einen Krieg haben und der wird mit dem denkbar größten Haß geführt werden. Eines von beiden Ländern wird verschwinden müssen.

August 8-11, 1941 (Jochmann):
Ich werde es nicht mehr erleben, aber ich freue mich für das deutsche Volk, daß es eines Tages mit ansehen wird, wie England und Deutschland vereint gegen Amerika antreten.

His expectation was that Germany would take the side of England when this war broke out.

As for the Hitler-Bormann documents, in which he said a number of controversial things (such as declaring that the American people would take up the struggle against Jewry and counting Abraham Lincoln as one of the greatest presidents of America), Irving has made known the extent of Genoud's fraud.

Furthermore, Genoud was a Swiss-German. The Swiss are among the most contemptible peoples in Western Europe. Their handling of banks is frequently referenced in the media, hardly a stereotype. By choosing neutrality, they practically sided with the Allies and condemned their people to slavery. They also have a strong predilection for Lincoln. The Hitler of the Table Talks and even Rauschning's Hitler demonstrate contempt for Lincoln.

Return to “WWII Europe / Atlantic Theater Revisionist Forum”