Roosevelt's telegram and Hitler's response, video?

All aspects including lead-in to hostilities and results.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
flimflam
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Roosevelt's telegram and Hitler's response, video?

Postby flimflam » 3 months 1 week ago (Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:00 pm)

On 04/14/39 Roosevelt sent a telegram to Hitler http://www.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/daybyd ... il-1939-7/ that contained the following ...
Are you willing to give assurance that your armed forces will not attack or invade the territory of possessions of the following independent nations: Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, The Netherlands, Belgium, Great Britain and Ireland, France, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Yugoslavia, Russia, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, Iraq, The Arabias, Syria, Palestine, Egypt, and Iran.

Hitler responded in a speech to the Reichtag on 04/28/39, part of which can be seen here ...
https://www.bitchute.com/video/FRTJ5IzO8fR5/

The transcript for the speech ,,,, http://comicism.tripod.com/390428.html

It contains some remarkable passages not in the video above ...

In reply to this it must be said in the first place that this fear of war has undoubtedly existed among mankind from time immemorial, and justifiably so.

For instance, after the Peace Treaty of Versailles, 14 wars were waged between 1919 and 1938 alone, in none of which Germany was concerned, but in which states of the "Western Hemisphere" in whose name President Roosevelt also speaks, were certainly concerned.

In addition there were in the same period 26 violent interventions and sanctions carried through by means of bloodshed and force. Germany played no part whatever in these either.

The United States alone has carried out military interventions in six cases since 1918. Since 1918 Soviet Russia has engaged in 10 wars and military actions involving force and bloodshed. Again, Germany was concerned in none of these, nor was she. responsible for any of these.

It would therefore be a mistake in my eyes to assume that the fear of war inspiring European and non-European nations can at this present time be directly traced back to actual wars at all.

From the same speech:

If the cry of "Never another, Munich" is raised in the world today, this simply confirms the fact that the peaceful solution of the problem appeared to be the most awkward thing that ever happened in the eyes of those warmongers. They are sorry no blood was shed-not their 'blood, to be sure-for these agitators are, of course, never to be found where shots are being fired, but only where money is being made. No, it is the blood of many nameless soldiers!

Hitler publicized his offer to Poland in the same speech:

I have had the following proposal submitted to the Polish Government:-
(1) Danzig returns as a Free State into the framework of the German Reich.
(2) Germany receives a route through the Corridor and a railway line at her own disposal possessing the same extraterritorial status for Germany as the Corridor itself has for Poland.
In return, Germany is prepared:-
(1) To recognize all Polish economic rights in Danzig.
(2) To ensure for Poland a free harbour in Danzig of any size desired which would have completely free access to the sea.
(3) To accept at the same time the present boundaries between Germany and Poland and to regard them as ultimate.
(4) To conclude a twenty-five-year non-aggression treaty with Poland, a treaty therefore which would extend far beyond the duration of my own life.
(5) To guarantee the independence of the Slovak State by Germany, Poland and Hungary jointly-which means in practice the renunciation of any unilateral German hegemony in this territory.

The Polish Government have rejected my offer and have only declared that they are prepared (1) to negotiate concerning the question of a substitute for the Commissioner of the League of Nations and (2) to consider facilities for the transit traffic through the Corridor.

and more !

4 minutes of the speech without subtitles can be seen here ...

I'm wondering ... can anyone provide subtitles for the video above, and ... can anyone locate the video for the entire speech ???

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Roosevelt's telegram and Hitler's response, video?

Postby Lamprecht » 3 months 1 week ago (Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:57 pm)

Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania ... Poland ... Romania

All countries invaded by the Soviet Union. Curiously, Roosevelt did not seem very bothered by that.

See:
Aggressive Soviets violated numerous treaties with neighboring countries
viewtopic.php?t=12434

Also recommended:

'Why Germany Invaded Poland', by John Wear / 'peaceful Poland' debunked
viewtopic.php?t=12331

Why did Hitler invade so many neutral European countries?
viewtopic.php?t=12421

flimflam:
I'm wondering ... can anyone provide subtitles for the video above, and ... can anyone locate the video for the entire speech ???

I can not find subtitles, but here is the full speech:

Adolf Hitler Answers President Roosevelt - 28 April 1939 (Full Speech) HD 1080p
https://archive.org/details/youtube-qhl4U5tUcsE

Naturally, the transcript you posted would be the subtitles :)

There is also this clip which has subtitles:
"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principal is contempt prior to investigation."
-- Herbert Spencer

flimflam
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Roosevelt's telegram and Hitler's response, video?

Postby flimflam » 3 months 1 week ago (Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:07 pm)

Lamprecht wrote:
Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania ... Poland ... Romania

All countries invaded by the Soviet Union. Curiously, Roosevelt did not seem very bothered by that.

See:
Aggressive Soviets violated numerous treaties with neighboring countries
viewtopic.php?t=12434

Also recommended:

'Why Germany Invaded Poland', by John Wear / 'peaceful Poland' debunked
viewtopic.php?t=12331

Why did Hitler invade so many neutral European countries?
viewtopic.php?t=12421

flimflam:

I can not find subtitles, but here is the full speech:

Adolf Hitler Answers President Roosevelt - 28 April 1939 (Full Speech) HD 1080p
https://archive.org/details/youtube-qhl4U5tUcsE

Naturally, the transcript you posted would be the subtitles :)

There is also this clip which has subtitles:

Marvelous !

(Although I note that the quality of the bitchute video quality is much better .... ??????? )
(Also, how about a video of the complete speech ?????? (the full speech video above is only audio))

Return to “WWII Europe / Atlantic Theater Revisionist Forum”