the All Time Record for quickest cremation

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

the All Time Record for quickest cremation

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Mon May 02, 2005 9:18 pm)

The Auschwitz ‘eyewitness’ Dov Paisikovic, stated that the cremation of one body took about four minutes.

- Léon Poliakov, Auschwitz, René Julliard, Paris 1964, p. 159 ff.

Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Maly Jacek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Maly Jacek » 1 decade 4 years ago (Tue May 03, 2005 10:00 am)

"It can only be done with German methods"
:D

steve
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby steve » 1 decade 4 years ago (Tue May 03, 2005 5:18 pm)

Hannover,

I actually laughed out loud when I read your post!
That sounded so ridiculous, that I had to comment. But, really, what could I say?

However, my nature is such that I try to be as objective as hell. So, with that, and to play devil's advocate, maybe I can find a way to make his statement appear not so bizzare.

Namely, does he explicitly say that, or does he say it implicitly? In other words, maybe he said something like, "1000 bodies in 4000 minutes." Now, while even that may very well be impossible, one could still possibly rationalize it in this way:

Let's assume it takes 1 hour to cremate a body. If you cremated 2 bodies sequentially, the total time would be 2 hours. But, if you tried cremating them together, the time might take, say, 1:50.
Three bodies together could take 2:40, etc. Continuing this line of thought, 1000 bodies would surely take more than 4000 minutes, but, would take far less than 1000 hours. I realize I am making a great leap, especially since you can cram just so many bodies in an oven. But, I hope you see my point, however tenuous!

So, to be fair, we would need to know exactly what he said. Was it on the order of 1 body in 4 minutes, or 10 bodies in 40 minutes? And again, to repeat, I know 10 in 40 minutes is crazy, but not as crazy as 1 in 4 minutes.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”