Most interesting article on revisionism / Gilad Atzmon

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
kk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Most interesting article on revisionism / Gilad Atzmon

Postby kk » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:31 pm)

Cole is not the only revisionist from the other side. This article by Gilad
Atzmon is a must read for every revisionist. He is an ex-jew, an artist
(an extremely good saxophonist) and a leftist, so give him some lee for his
opinions.
Auschwitz is the modern-day burning bush

For this sentence alone he should be hailed as one of us.

Read on:
http://www.gilad.co.uk/html%20files/rearrangepaper.html

Tom

Postby Tom » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:55 pm)

kk wrote:
Auschwitz is the modern-day burning bush

For this sentence alone he should be hailed as one of us.

Read on: http://www.gilad.co.uk/html%20files/rearrangepaper.html

kk,

Thank you very much! This very perceptive writing deserves
a whole lot of time and serious consideration.

More at: http://www.gilad.co.uk/html%20files/politics.html

Gilad Atzmon wrote:History

Within the Jewish orthodox apparatus history in general and Jewish
history in particular are totally redundant. Simply, there is no need
for such an intellectual endeavour, the Bible is there to set the Judaic
thinking parameters. Judaically speaking, Saddam, Chmelnisky, Hitler
and even Arafat are nothing but a mere repetition of the horrendous
Biblical Amalek.

With the Bible in place, there is no need to question the empirical and
forensic validity of the different burning bushes and the Holy arcs. The
Jewish belief is based on blind acceptance. To love God is to obey his
rules. To be a Jew is never ever to question the fundaments.....

http://www.gilad.co.uk/html%20files/rearrangepaper.html

( ex Jew = I suppose, by that, you mean his religion.)

Secret Anne X

Postby Secret Anne X » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:52 pm)

This is a terrific article, I found it a few days ago looking for news articles on Irving. The ongoing discussion of "Holocaust narrative" reminds Crowell, but this gentleman goes much deeper into the political and ideological ramifications of the Holocaust.

I think most people here would agree with 90% of what he says.

Secret Anne X

Postby Secret Anne X » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:06 am)

May I add at this point that I am totally convinced that denying Auschwitz should never have become a legal issue. The question of whether there was a mass homicide with gas or ‘just’ a mass death toll due to total abuse in horrendous conditions is no doubt a crucial historical question. The fact that such a major historical chapter less than seven decades ago is scholarly inaccessible undermines the entire historical endeavour. If we cannot talk about our grandparents’ generation, how dare we ever say something about Napoleon or even the Romans? Personally speaking, I may admit that I am not that interested in the question above. I am not an historian, I am not qualified as one. Being trained as a philosopher, I rather ask ‘what is history all about?’ ‘What can we say about the past?’

and another, with great sarcasm:

With their trousers halfway down I can see these three outlaws: Irving, Zundel and Rudolf, the three rightwing historical revisionists who happen to be locked behind bars. They are surrounding our precious shrine, rudely they are pissing over our emerging democratic miracle. Vulgarly, they question the validity of the personal narrative; foolishly they aim at establishing a rational, dynamic, lucid empirically grounded narrative based on forensic evidence. The three criminals are applying logical-positivistic methods. Pathetically, they follow the tradition of Carnap, Popper and the Vienna Circle. I wonder whether they realise that they happen to follow an academic tradition set by a Jewish secular Germanic school. Those ugly revisionists are aiming at truth-values, correspondence rules, empiricism. Shame on them, let them rot in hell. They fail to see that the West has moved forward. Listen you revisionists, you missed the train, we aren’t scientific anymore, we aren’t even technological. We are now deeply religious and we aren’t even theological about it. We are Evangelical, we take things on their face value and don’t ask me whose face is it. We want to believe. We are now religious and we will make sure that you do not interfere.

And another. Clearly, he has been reading revisionism.

I am not talking here about a truthful historical account, because unlike David Irving and his bitter academic opponent Richard J. Evans, I do not know what historical truth is. But I do understand what narrative is and I even realise what consistency means. I argue that not only are we entitled to revise history, we must do so and I will mention two reasons: A). If the left or what is left of it, won’t jump into this boiling swamp, WWII history and Holocaust scholarship will be left in the hands of the European radical right (politically and academically). I tend to believe that at large, this is already the case. While left academics are mainly concerned with signalling out Holocaust deniers telling us what is right and who is wrong, it is the revisionists who engage themselves in detailed archive work as well as forensic scrutiny. B). Those who dropped bombs over Dresden and Hiroshima have never stopped killing in the name of democracy. They are now engaged in a murderous occupation of Iraq and they are even planning to expand to Syria and Iran. If we want to stop them, we better re-visit our past and revise our image of Anglo-American democracy. We must re-arrange the 20th century. For the sake of a better future we must revise the past.

One more. It's all good.

From mid-1943, the Allies enjoyed air superiority over Germany and yet, rather than dismantle the German army and it logistic targets, they concentrated on carpet-bombing German towns, killing hundred of thousands of innocent civilians with phosphorus bombs. After the war, Albert Speer was quoted saying that considering the Allies’ air superiority, a bombardment of German industrial infrastructure and logistic targets would have resulted in German military collapse in less then two months. I assume that the military reason behind the Allies’ carpet bombardment is devastatingly simple. The Allies didn’t want to disturb the German Army that was fighting Stalin. Meanwhile, the Allies had many bombs and they had to drop them somewhere. Around 850,000 German civilians died in those murderous military operations.

Flavian Greece

Postby Flavian Greece » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:56 pm)

Gilad also stood up for Ernst Zündel.

Gilad Atzmon and Israel Shamir are Jewish dissidents by excelence.

kk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby kk » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:25 pm)

( ex Jew = I suppose, by that, you mean his religion.)

Exactly.

Postby Moderator » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:55 am)

kk,
Do not introduce two separate articles in one thread for discussion.
The Shamir piece has been previously introduced in the thread:
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=2966

I've deleted it here. If you want a specific discussion on it, then start a thread about it.

Mod1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Rashid Metwan

Postby Rashid Metwan » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:43 am)

This Atzmon seems to be an interesting character. I've surfed his site before but where does he say he has renounced Judaism?

Israel Shamir lives among Arabs in Jaffa. For that he gets unusual respect for an Israeli.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”