Columnist Fisk's narrow mindedness, his lack of education

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Columnist Fisk's narrow mindedness, his lack of education

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:00 am)

Give this uneducated man some credit, he correctly fingers apartheid Israel for genocide. Even a blind sow finds an acorn once in a while.

Fisk's ignorance of WWII is embarrasing, and his lack awareness of irrefutable Revisionist research indicates he has not even read it. The words from this lightweight about the 'holocaust' are laughable and don't even mesh with the standard storyline. Pathetic.

examples:
After years of explaining to Arab friends that the Jewish Holocaust - the systematic, planned murder of six million Jews by the Nazis, is an indisputable fact - I am still met with a state of willing disbelief.

Apparently his 'explanation' was no better than what passes for absurd 'holocaust evidence'. It says more about his ignorance than about them
And now, this week, the preposterous President Mahmoud Ahmadinajad of Iran opens up his own country to obloquy and shame by holding a supposedly impartial "conference" on the Jewish Holocaust to repeat the lies of the racists who, if they did not direct their hatred towards Jews, would most assuredly turn venomously against those other Semites, the Arabs of the Middle East.

Shrill nonsense from someone who hasn't even bothered to read what Revisionists said at the conference, what they say about the 'holocaust'.
... his photograph hangs in the Yad Vashem Museum.

Ah yes, like the so called 'Holocaust' Museum in Washington which hangs a picture of a German bomb shelter door and calls it a 'gas chamber door', see: http://www.codoh.com/gcgv/gcturen.html
The Israeli novelist A B Yehoshua observed that, even if his country's soldiers had not known what was happening, "then this would be the same lack of knowledge of the Germans who stood outside Buchenwald and Treblinka and did not know what was happening".

Well yes, a novelist, how appropriate.
Shall we talk about Buchenwald or Treblinka, Mr. Yehoshua, Mr. Fisk? I didn't think so. You haven't a chance against informed Revisionists.

Read on.

- Hannover
Robert Fisk: Different narratives in the Middle East
No, Israelis are not Nazis. But it's time we talked of war crimes
Published: 16 December 2006
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/fis ... 079304.ece

Oh how - when it comes to the realities of history - the Muslims of the Middle East exhaust my patience. After years of explaining to Arab friends that the Jewish Holocaust - the systematic, planned murder of six million Jews by the Nazis, is an indisputable fact - I am still met with a state of willing disbelief.

And now, this week, the preposterous President Mahmoud Ahmadinajad of Iran opens up his own country to obloquy and shame by holding a supposedly impartial "conference" on the Jewish Holocaust to repeat the lies of the racists who, if they did not direct their hatred towards Jews, would most assuredly turn venomously against those other Semites, the Arabs of the Middle East.

How, I always ask, can you expect the West to understand and accept the ethnic cleansing of 750,000 men, women and children from Palestine in 1948 when you will not try to comprehend the enormity done the Jews of Europe? And, here, of course, is the wretched irony of the whole affair. For what the Muslims of the Middle East should be doing is pointing out to the world that they were not responsible for the Jewish Holocaust, that, horrific and evil though it was, it is a shameful, outrageous injustice that they, the Palestinians, should suffer for something they had no part in and - even more disgusting - that they should be treated as if they have. But, no, Ahmadinajad has neither the brains nor the honesty to grasp this simple, vital equation.

True, the Palestinian Grand Mufti of Jerusalem shook hands with Hitler. I met his only surviving wartime Palestinian comrade before he died and it is perfectly true that the intemperate, devious Had al-Husseini made some vile anti-Jewish wartime speeches in German, in one of which he advised the Nazis to close Jewish refugee exit routes to Palestine and deport Jews eastwards (why east, I wonder?) and helped to raise a Muslim SS unit in Bosnia. I have copies of his speeches and his photograph hangs in the Yad Vashem Museum. But the downtrodden, crushed, occupied, slaughtered Palestinians of our time - of Sabra and Chatila, of Jenin and Beit Yanoun - were not even alive in the Second World War.

Yet it is to the eternal shame of Israel and its leaders that they should pretend as if the Palestinians were participants in the Second World War. When the Israeli army was advancing on Beirut in 1982, the then Israeli prime minister, Menachem Begin, wrote a crazed letter to US president, Ronald Reagan, explaining that he felt he was marching on "Berlin" to liquidate "Hitler" (ie Yasser Arafat, who was busy comparing his own guerrillas to the defenders of Stalingrad).

That courageous Israeli writer Uri Avneri wrote an open letter to Begin. "Mr Prime Minister," he began, "Hitler is dead." But this did not stop Ariel Sharon from trying the same trick in 1989. By talking to the US State Department, Arafat was "like Hitler, who also wanted so much to negotiate with the Allies in the second half of the Second World War", Sharon told the Wall Street Journal. "... Arafat is the same kind of enemy."

Needless to say, any comparison between the behaviour of German troops in the Second World War and Israeli soldiers today (with their constantly betrayed claim to "purity of arms") is denounced as anti-Semitic. Generally, I believe that is the correct reaction. Israelis are not committing mass rape, murder or installing gas chambers for the Palestinians.

But the acts of Israeli troops are not always so easy to divorce from such insane parallels. During the Sabra and Chatila massacres - when Israel sent its enraged Lebanese Christian Phalangist militias into the camps after telling them that Palestinians had killed their beloved leader - up to 1,700 Palestinians were slaughtered. Israeli troops watched - and did nothing.

The Israeli novelist A B Yehoshua observed that, even if his country's soldiers had not known what was happening, "then this would be the same lack of knowledge of the Germans who stood outside Buchenwald and Treblinka and did not know what was happening".

After the killings of Jenin, an Israeli officer suggested to his men, according to the Israeli press, that, with close quarter fighting, they might study the tactics of Nazi troops in Warsaw in 1944.

And I have to say - indeed, it needs to be said - that, after the countless Lebanese civilian refugees ruthlessly cut down on the roads of Lebanon by the Israeli air force in 1978, 1982, 1993, 1996 and again this summer, how can one avoid being reminded of the Luftwaffe attacks on the equally helpless French refugees of 1940? Many thousands of Lebanese have been killed in this way over the past 25 years.

And please spare me the nonsense about "human shields". What about the marked ambulance of women and children rocketed by a low-flying Israeli helicopter in 1996? Or the refugee convoy whose women and children were torn to pieces by an equally low-flying Israeli air force helicopter as they fled along the roads after being ordered to leave their homes by the Israelis?

No, Israelis are not Nazis. But it's time we talked of war crimes unless they stop these attacks on refugees. The Arabs are entitled to talk the same way. They should. But they must stop lying about Jewish history - and take a lesson, perhaps, from the Israeli historians who tell the truth about the savagery which attended Israel's birth.

As for the West's reaction to Ahmadinajad's antics, Lord Blair of Kut al-Amara was "shocked" into disbelief while Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert responded with more eloquent contempt. Strangely, no one recalled that, the holocaust deniers of recent years - deniers of the Turkish genocide of 1.5 million Armenian Christians in 1915, that is - include Lord Blair, who originally tried to prevent Armenians from participating in Britain's Holocaust Day and the then Israeli foreign minister, Shimon Peres, who told Turks that their massacre of the victims of the 20th century's first Holocaust did not constitute a genocide.

I've no doubt Ahmadinajad - equally conscious of Iran's precious relationship with Turkey - would gutlessly fail to honour the Armenian Holocaust in Tehran. Who would have thought that the governments of Britain, Israel and Iran had so much in common?

Oh how - when it comes to the realities of history - the Muslims of the Middle East exhaust my patience. After years of explaining to Arab friends that the Jewish Holocaust - the systematic, planned murder of six million Jews by the Nazis, is an indisputable fact - I am still met with a state of willing disbelief.

How, I always ask, can you expect the West to understand and accept the ethnic cleansing of 750,000 men, women and children from Palestine in 1948 when you will not try to comprehend the enormity done the Jews of Europe? And, here, of course, is the wretched irony of the whole affair. For what the Muslims of the Middle East should be doing is pointing out to the world that they were not responsible for the Jewish Holocaust, that, horrific and evil though it was, it is a shameful, outrageous injustice that they, the Palestinians, should suffer for something they had no part in and - even more disgusting - that they should be treated as if they have. But, no, Ahmadinajad has neither the brains nor the honesty to grasp this simple, vital equation.

True, the Palestinian Grand Mufti of Jerusalem shook hands with Hitler. I met his only surviving wartime Palestinian comrade before he died and it is perfectly true that the intemperate, devious Had al-Husseini made some vile anti-Jewish wartime speeches in German, in one of which he advised the Nazis to close Jewish refugee exit routes to Palestine and deport Jews eastwards (why east, I wonder?) and helped to raise a Muslim SS unit in Bosnia. I have copies of his speeches and his photograph hangs in the Yad Vashem Museum. But the downtrodden, crushed, occupied, slaughtered Palestinians of our time - of Sabra and Chatila, of Jenin and Beit Yanoun - were not even alive in the Second World War.

Yet it is to the eternal shame of Israel and its leaders that they should pretend as if the Palestinians were participants in the Second World War. When the Israeli army was advancing on Beirut in 1982, the then Israeli prime minister, Menachem Begin, wrote a crazed letter to US president, Ronald Reagan, explaining that he felt he was marching on "Berlin" to liquidate "Hitler" (ie Yasser Arafat, who was busy comparing his own guerrillas to the defenders of Stalingrad).

That courageous Israeli writer Uri Avneri wrote an open letter to Begin. "Mr Prime Minister," he began, "Hitler is dead." But this did not stop Ariel Sharon from trying the same trick in 1989. By talking to the US State Department, Arafat was "like Hitler, who also wanted so much to negotiate with the Allies in the second half of the Second World War", Sharon told the Wall Street Journal. "... Arafat is the same kind of enemy."

Needless to say, any comparison between the behaviour of German troops in the Second World War and Israeli soldiers today (with their constantly betrayed claim to "purity of arms") is denounced as anti-Semitic. Generally, I believe that is the correct reaction. Israelis are not committing mass rape, murder or installing gas chambers for the Palestinians.

But the acts of Israeli troops are not always so easy to divorce from such insane parallels. During the Sabra and Chatila massacres - when Israel sent its enraged Lebanese Christian Phalangist militias into the camps after telling them that Palestinians had killed their beloved leader - up to 1,700 Palestinians were slaughtered. Israeli troops watched - and did nothing.

After the killings of Jenin, an Israeli officer suggested to his men, according to the Israeli press, that, with close quarter fighting, they might study the tactics of Nazi troops in Warsaw in 1944.

And I have to say - indeed, it needs to be said - that, after the countless Lebanese civilian refugees ruthlessly cut down on the roads of Lebanon by the Israeli air force in 1978, 1982, 1993, 1996 and again this summer, how can one avoid being reminded of the Luftwaffe attacks on the equally helpless French refugees of 1940? Many thousands of Lebanese have been killed in this way over the past 25 years.

And please spare me the nonsense about "human shields". What about the marked ambulance of women and children rocketed by a low-flying Israeli helicopter in 1996? Or the refugee convoy whose women and children were torn to pieces by an equally low-flying Israeli air force helicopter as they fled along the roads after being ordered to leave their homes by the Israelis?

No, Israelis are not Nazis. But it's time we talked of war crimes unless they stop these attacks on refugees. The Arabs are entitled to talk the same way. They should. But they must stop lying about Jewish history - and take a lesson, perhaps, from the Israeli historians who tell the truth about the savagery which attended Israel's birth.

As for the West's reaction to Ahmadinajad's antics, Lord Blair of Kut al-Amara was "shocked" into disbelief while Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert responded with more eloquent contempt. Strangely, no one recalled that, the holocaust deniers of recent years - deniers of the Turkish genocide of 1.5 million Armenian Christians in 1915, that is - include Lord Blair, who originally tried to prevent Armenians from participating in Britain's Holocaust Day and the then Israeli foreign minister, Shimon Peres, who told Turks that their massacre of the victims of the 20th century's first Holocaust did not constitute a genocide.

I've no doubt Ahmadinajad - equally conscious of Iran's precious relationship with Turkey - would gutlessly fail to honour the Armenian Holocaust in Tehran. Who would have thought that the governments of Britain, Israel and Iran had so much in common?
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Radar
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Radar » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:11 am)

I'm shocked at Fisk's ignorance. He's usually pretty good at getting his facts straight.

His major gaffes here: first, he apparently hadn't heard President Ahmadinejad's repeated assertions of exactly what Fisk condemns him for allegedly not saying, that regardless of how badly the Jews were treated by the Nazis there was no excuse for making the Palestinian Arabs their victims by driving them out of their homes and stealing their land and that this injustice has to be redressed. Tune up your hearing aid Mr. Fisk.

Secondly, his assertion that the Israelis are not like the Nazis has "current" date on the sale and even on that he waffles a bit. He should read Ilan Pappe's new book, "The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine" which documents from Zionist sources, largely the dairies of David Ben-Gurion, the deliberate and carefully planned driving of the Palestinian Arabs out of Palestine, before, during and after the end of the British mandate by violent means and the murder and rape of thousands of innocents and the creation of 700,000 refugees. The picture of these Zionists is one of major war criminals, never brought to justice, which make Milosevich of Serbia look like a boy scout. Fisk doesn't know what he's talking about. This is the "nakba" and is a history which deligitmizes forever the Zionist state since it sits on stolen land and tries to ignore this history. The right of return is still valid as matter of justice (and a UN Resolution).

Thirdly, like so many others, Fisk ignores the actual points made by the revisionists at the Teheran conference. The Zionist media shills do so because they cannot deal with the points made. But why does a journalist like Fisk do so?

Radar
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Radar » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:00 pm)

Fisk has written an Independent (UK) column in strong support of Jimmy Carter's book and critical in general of Israel's abuse of the Palestinians so he is capable of thinking clearly.

I've seen before in his other writings that he apparently swallows the Holocaust stories, hook, line and sinker, without any doubts, reservations or of course - examination. This "religious" acceptance is what leads him to abuse the revisionists. His politics are definitely leaning to the left [he agrees that the Spanish Civil war was one between good and evil and thinks that evil won] and apparently he simply cannot bring himself to look into the truth about the great Holocaust.

Breker
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Breker » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:37 pm)

We note that Fisk has shed one of the two great taboos. Criticism of Israel (that damn is breaking worldwide) and questioning The Holy Holocaust. The two are connected and we can only hope Fisk ceases acting like a childish True Believer and applies his otherwise noteworthy investigative tendencies.
Breker

Daniel Saez Lorente

Postby Daniel Saez Lorente » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed May 30, 2007 3:30 pm)

Radar wrote:Fisk has written an Independent (UK) column in strong support of Jimmy Carter's book and critical in general of Israel's abuse of the Palestinians so he is capable of thinking clearly.

I've seen before in his other writings that he apparently swallows the Holocaust stories, hook, line and sinker, without any doubts, reservations or of course - examination. This "religious" acceptance is what leads him to abuse the revisionists. His politics are definitely leaning to the left [he agrees that the Spanish Civil war was one between good and evil and thinks that evil won] and apparently he simply cannot bring himself to look into the truth about the great Holocaust.

Fisk is a Jew by birth. He was listed by Meher Kahane (or his followers) in an encyclopedic list of "anti-Semitic, self-hating Jews", which formerly appeared on a website called www.masada2000.com, along with hundreds of other people. The website recently disappeared but will no doubt resurface for our edification.
So, well, the reason Fisk has certain blind spots because he's a Jew. What can one expect? But what he does well, he does very well indeed.
You just have to remember he's a Jew.

Daniel Saez Lorente

Postby Daniel Saez Lorente » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:11 pm)

Daniel Saez Lorente wrote:
Radar wrote:Fisk has written an Independent (UK) column in strong support of Jimmy Carter's book and critical in general of Israel's abuse of the Palestinians so he is capable of thinking clearly.

Fisk is a Jew by birth. He was listed by Meher Kahane (or his followers) in an encyclopedic list of "anti-Semitic, self-hating Jews", which formerly appeared on a website called www.masada2000.com, along with hundreds of other people. The website recently disappeared but will no doubt resurface for our edification.
So, well, the reason Fisk has certain blind spots because he's a Jew. What can one expect? But what he does well, he does very well indeed.
You just have to remember he's a Jew.

I'm sorry. It occurs to me that Meir Kahane and his followers may not be the most reliable sources of information around. If this is true, I find no other mention of it and Fisk does a good job of pretending to be of Northern Irish Protestant stock, if I understand correctly.

It is a shame that the Kahane site has disappeared from a web, since it offered a great insight into the minds of Jewish extremists. Bobby Fischer is also on the list. Fischer denies that he is Jewish. Other people say he is, through his mother. Perhaps there is some latitude in these things.

At any rate, Fisk does seem to have very Jewish reactions to certain Pavlovian trigger-topics, notably the so-called Holocaust.

Barrington James
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Barrington James » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:44 am)

The holocausters have done such a fantastic job of marketing the holocaust through the seizure of Hollywood and the Western media that anyone who wishes to criticizes anything about Israel must first of all be very careful to include in this criticism an acknowledgment of the “six million” or risk being labeled a Nazi, an anti -Semitic or a Denier.

In other words if one were to publically declare oneself a "Denier" in any way shape or form, directly or indirectly, then anything else that one wished to say about Israel would be immediately dismissed, remain unpublished and one's career in the media would essentially be over. In such a case one would be lucky not to be sharing a room with Ernst Zundel.

It reminds me of the fact that during the Bolshevik Revolution almost all the very few non-Jews involved in the creation of the Revolution, such as Stalin, Molotov and Khrushchev, married a Jew as a form of "Insurance" as Nikita Khrushchev once said.

So don't judge Fisk and others who criticize Israel the only way they know how to: insure oneself by first of all acknowledging the holocaust, then criticize Israel.
You can fool too many of the people most of the time.

kk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby kk » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:00 pm)

Fisk is a great reporter, but he's not so keen in history:

Two days ago, I had lunch at the Spaggheteria restaurant in Beirut with Adrien Jaulmes of Le Figaro newspaper, an immensely well-read French journalist who even knew the fate of my great hero Georges Guynemer, a French pilot who was blasted down over Ypres in 1917 after destroying a total of 53 German aircraft. So ferocious was the German bombardment at the time of his crash that when the poilus - the French infantry - reached the scene, there was nothing left of Guynemer or his plane.

http://news.independent.co.uk/fisk/article2606407.ece

In a sentence he managed to make three mistakes.
Guynemer was shot down near Poelcapelle and was buried by German
soldiers, as this happened before the British offensive ground on to this
site. The grave and the wreck of his plane were obliterated by the
dreadfull British "army artillery barrages" of the day. They lasted for at least 15 days,
until the Commonwealth forces occupied what had once have been Poelcapelle.

With exactly the same prejudices he is confronting the history of the 'holocau$t', unfortunately.

Daniel Saez Lorente

Postby Daniel Saez Lorente » 1 decade 2 years ago (Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:46 pm)

Radar wrote:
Fisk is a Jew by birth. He was listed by Meher Kahane (or his followers) in an encyclopedic list of "anti-Semitic, self-hating Jews", which formerly appeared on a website called www.masada2000.com.

Excuse me. The site is back up, and it is www.masada2000.org.

The list of "self-hating Jews" is accessed at the bottom of the home page.

Daniel Saez Lorente

Postby Daniel Saez Lorente » 1 decade 2 years ago (Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:56 pm)

Daniel Saez Lorente wrote:
Radar wrote:
Fisk is a Jew by birth. He was listed by Meher Kahane (or his followers) in an encyclopedic list of "anti-Semitic, self-hating Jews", which formerly appeared on a website called www.masada2000.com.

Excuse me. The site is back up, and it is www.masada2000.org.

The list of "self-hating Jews" is accessed at the bottom of the home page.

The link to the list of Self-Hating Jews with Fisk's name and picture is:

http://www.masada2000.org/list-F.html

A perfect example of the odd skew in Fisk's writings appears at

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e17883.htm

I think Fisk is Jewish.

ASMarques
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby ASMarques » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:48 am)

Daniel Saez Lorente wrote:A perfect example of the odd skew in Fisk's writings appears at

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e17883.htm

I think Fisk is Jewish.

It's interesting to note the following excerpt from Fisk's article, and ponder the War years behaviour of Monty Woodhouse, the "criminal hunter" that, after the War, went after Waldheim:

"Monty Woodhouse was the top man for SOE - Special Operations Executive - in Greece during the war, and he pursued Waldheim for years afterwards, along with an immensely brave Jewish academic. [...] During the war, Woodhouse's Greek partisans captured a Gypsy who was spying on his comrades for the Italians. Woodhouse decided that he should be hanged. I asked him what it felt like to do such a thing - to commit what, I suppose, we would call a war crime, were it Waldheim whom it had been proved had done it. Woodhouse replied to me - and I have his words in my own handwriting as I write this: 'It was terrible - I felt terrible. I still bring the scene back to me from time to time. He was a wretched youth. He didn't say anything really - he was so shaken. He was a sort of halfwit. I was at the hanging. He was hanged from a tree. They simply pulled a chair from beneath his feet. I don't think it took long for him to die. I don't know exactly how long. We were only a hundred men or so - it was the early days of the occupation. If we had let him go, he would have told the Italians... After that, I told Zervas not to take any prisoners.'"

Maybe hanging an enemy informer is not considered a war crime, but note the important hint in the last sentence. Some "criminal hunter"...

_Mads_

Postby _Mads_ » 1 decade 2 years ago (Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:45 pm)

Daniel Saez Lorente wrote:At any rate, Fisk does seem to have very Jewish reactions to certain Pavlovian trigger-topics, notably the so-called Holocaust.

Ever since I read in a Fisk-article that Ahmadinejad was "the Holocaust-denying president from hell", I suspected that he was a Jew. Non-Jews may criticize Ahmadinejad strongly, but "the Holocaust-denying president from hell" is Jewish language, I believe.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”