Michael Shermer debates Mark Weber 22/7/1995 video

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Holycaust

Michael Shermer debates Mark Weber 22/7/1995 video

Postby Holycaust » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:20 am)

Given the success of my post to find the Bradley Smith and David Cole on the Phil Donahue show video I thought I'd make a post about another rare revisionist video.

I'm looking for the video of the debate on the holocaust between Michael Shermer and Mark Weber which occured on the 22nd July 1995.

If anyone has this video or knows where it can be downloaded it would be greatly appreciated if they could upload it to codoh or provide a link here to where it can be downloaded.

Cheers ;)

Mortimer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mortimer » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:25 am)

I don't know of the Weber-Shermer debate being available online but the Noontide Press has it available on vhs or dvd -
http://store.noontidepress.com/index1.html

duckchuck

Postby duckchuck » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:35 pm)

Remember what Paul Grubach had to say about shermer's craven refusal to debate him?
“Will Dr. Shermer accept my challenge? I doubt it. When he crossed swords with revisionist historian Mark Weber, it was a disaster for Shermer and the traditional view of the Holocaust. Weber made Holocaust revisionism look too good for Shermer’s liking, and the traditional view of the Holocaust severely deficient. Furthermore, many who saw the debate said that Shermer appeared amateurish, and at times, even foolish. Since that disaster, Shermer has never (to my knowledge) engaged another Holocaust revisionist in public debate. It appears as though Shermer is fearful of undermining the media-created, public image of himself as the “Great Guru of Skepticism.” To cross swords with Holocaust revisionists would call public attention to the severe deficiencies in his own work and Holocaust historiography in general. His strategy seems to be as follows: Never again engage a revisionist in debate, just write about them in mainstream, establishment media outlets. In this way, he can selectively create any image of revisionists and revisionist historiography he so chooses, without ever having to worry about the negative fallout resulting from an expose of the fallacies, errors and omissions in his work on the Holocaust.”

Agrarian Reformer

Postby Agrarian Reformer » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:40 pm)

Mortimer wrote:I don't know of the Weber-Shermer debate being available online but the Noontide Press has it available on vhs or dvd -

That site is really screwed up. I click on 'audio' and it takes me to 'New and Noteworthy'. I click on 'video' and it takes me to the same page. Can't even find the debate in question.
"Anybody can make an atrocity film if they take corpses out of their graves and then show a tractor shoving them back in again." - Hermann Göring

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm)

Agrarian Reformer wrote:
Mortimer wrote:I don't know of the Weber-Shermer debate being available online but the Noontide Press has it available on vhs or dvd -

That site is really screwed up. I click on 'audio' and it takes me to 'New and Noteworthy'. I click on 'video' and it takes me to the same page. Can't even find the debate in question.

If you Google 'weber shermer', you'll find it, go to page 2 at bottom..

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Agrarian Reformer

Postby Agrarian Reformer » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:16 pm)

Thanks, I may have to order this DVD.

I hope Weber is okay with me converting it and uploading it onto youtube. He may be too busy discussing the Obama/McCain race on underground radio shows to care.
"Anybody can make an atrocity film if they take corpses out of their graves and then show a tractor shoving them back in again." - Hermann Göring

Breker
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Breker » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:05 am)

Agrarian Reformer wrote:I hope Weber is okay with me converting it and uploading it onto youtube.

As the Yanks say: Go for it, dude.
Breker

It

Postby It » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:05 pm)

Yes, this is something I'd like to see. I kind of thought he was a sensible person before I started reading up on the holohoax and his position on it.
This 'Mr.Sceptic' BS really needs to end.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:31 pm)

A must read!

See shyster Shermer have his head handed to him as a result of his open letter to master chemist Germar Rudolf:

First read this:
http://www.codoh.com/bt/

Then see his letter, followed by links to absolutely crushing responses from Rudolf and others, here:
http://www.codoh.com/bt/shermer/ms-gr1.htm

Slam dunk.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

duckchuck

Postby duckchuck » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:03 pm)

It:

Yes, this is something I'd like to see. I kind of thought he was a sensible person before I started reading up on the holohoax and his position on it. This 'Mr.Sceptic' BS really needs to end.

Have you seen the nafcash website It? They DESTROY Shermer.

http://nafcash.com/
"Michael Shermer accuses real skeptics of denying history because, in part, they refuse to share his delusional belief that the Germans were able to murder millions of Jews without leaving a trace. In his sophomoric and sophistic attempt to “prove” this accusation, he has denied forensic science, criminology and archeology. In accusing others of practicing pseudo history, he not only has engaged in it himself, but also had to forgo the scientific method and the very fundamental principles of skepticism which he claims guides his belief system. In his own words, again from Denying History: “The best way to beat a lie detector is to believe the lie yourself… Deception becomes self-deception.” Really? Well then, let’s use the alleged Treblinka holocaust as a case study in denial and self-deception. Here’s another montage of Michael Shermer quotes from Denying History: “The culmination of years of research… our purpose… to present the historical facts that refute Holocaust denial… To debunk the deniers can’t we just go there and see them for ourselves? The answer, of course, is “yes.”… We can no longer ignore the deniers, calling them names and hoping they will go away… We cannot remain silent anymore. It’s time to respond… Not only is it defensible to respond to the deniers, it is, we believe, our duty… Many of our arguments draw on specialized research into the claims of the deniers that took us… to the Nazi extermination camps themselves… we went to Europe to conduct research at the camps, in particular at… Treblinka, Sobibor, Belzec… We wanted to see for ourselves just what evidence there is at the camps and to take the opportunity to examine firsthand the claims… Much of the research is the type of work professional historians normally do… analyzing ground and aerial photographs… in order to make proper interpretations, we must review the physical evidence… Like criminologists solving a crime, we piece together the myriad bits of evidence until a conclusion emerges from the morass of data… How is it that so much physical evidence can come to be doubted?”

“Reviewing the physical evidence?” - “Analyzing ground and aerial photographs?” - “Like criminologists solving a crime?” Well now Michael, real skeptics and scholars have been waiting for years for you to publish the results of your alleged firsthand examination of the physical evidence and analysis of aerial photographs of Treblinka. If you’re so incredulous that people can come to doubt so much physical evidence and photographic proof, then why do you refuse to publish the results of your alleged research? If there’s so much physical evidence – then let’s see it! What’s wrong Shermer? Your silence is deafening. What happened to your duty to respond? (After all, you do want to put an end to holocaust denial – don’t you?) Who’s self-deceiving? Who’s denying the REAL HISTORY of Treblinka? Who’s denying common sense, iron logic, critical thinking, forensic science and the fundamental principles of skeptical inquiry and the scientific method? Who’s denying reality?"

It

Postby It » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:54 am)

Very good links! Thank you very much.

Holycaust

Postby Holycaust » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:46 am)

Agrarian Reformer wrote:I hope Weber is okay with me converting it and uploading it onto youtube.

I think Shermer might have a problem with it. I read somewhere that he wasn't exactly pleased with how this debate went. Much like the Donahue show. To critically minded viewers who watch the Donahue show with Bradley Smith and David Cole it is easy to see what a shambles it was for Shermer. I'm very keen to see how Shermer handles himself in debate with Weber as I know Weber would be a formidable opponent in debate.

Shermer really interests me because he's the supposedly renowned skeptic who switches off all skepticism when it comes to this one topic but still manages to make it look like he's the real skeptic. Please do let us know as soon as you've converted and uploaded the video.

Cheers ;)

Occam's Razor

Postby Occam's Razor » 1 decade 8 months ago (Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:49 am)

jheitwler

Postby jheitwler » 1 decade 8 months ago (Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:55 pm)

You can find the whole debate on Google Video. Do a search for videos playable on google using 'shermer' and 'weber' and you'll find it.
"First of all there is the fact that if we assume the Holocaust to have happened more or less as told, all the evidence becomes intelligible, while if we assume it was a hoax, most of the evidence does not make any sense." - Robert Jan Van Pelt

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”