Bradley Smith challenges Norman Finkelstein

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Bradley Smith challenges Norman Finkelstein

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:52 am)

While Finkelstein is to be admired for his backbone in confronting the 'Holocaust Industry' and the policies of racist/apartheid Israel, he curiously buys into the laughable 'gas chambers' mythology.

The silence is deafening as CODOH's Bradley Smith challenges Finkelstein to put up or shut up.

'Norman Finkelstein and the Question He Will Not Answer'
full text:
http://bradleysmithsblog.blogspot.com/2 ... -will.html:
excerpts:
Last year I wrote Professor Finkelstein himself to ask if his very independent mother, herself a survivor of the German camps, had told him that she had seen “gas chambers” with her own eyes. He did not respond. I have since written Professor Finkelstein again, asking if he could provide “the name of one person, with proof, who was killed in a gas chamber at Auschwitz.” He did not reply.

So we have a nice irony here. Finkelstein is an authority on the moral and political corruption of the Holocaust Industry, but can’t seem to get it together to investigate the story that morally justifies the existence of that Industry – the rumor that Germans used homicidal “gas chambers” to kill hundreds of thousands and maybe “millions” of innocent, unarmed civilians during WWII.

I would ask Professor Finkelstein one more time: “One” person, with proof – one out of a “million!” Is that too much to ask? And I would ask those who teach and study journalism at U Missouri: Ask the question.

Just ask it.

Revisionists win again.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:09 pm)

This is no-go territory for Finkelstein. I've listened to some audio interviews of him and when he speaks of his parents and Auschwitz he becomes audibly emotional. The holocaust is absolutely sacred ground for him. He never will question one iota of it.

Inquisitive
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Inquisitive » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:33 am)

General question: Do they REALLY believe or is it that they can't touch that one (even the supposed honest ones)? I know Finkelstein wrote the "Holocaust Industry" but to attack the whole subject? I'm thinking about David Cole.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:57 am)

PotPie wrote:This is no-go territory for Finkelstein. I've listened to some audio interviews of him and when he speaks of his parents and Auschwitz he becomes audibly emotional. The holocaust is absolutely sacred ground for him. He never will question one iota of it.

Say what we will about Finkelstein, but the 'holocaust' bs is a mealticket for him as much as it is for any others. He is given favors and deferrential treatment since he absurdly claims his parents were 'holocaust survivors'. He can use the false claims about his parents to deflect criticisms of what he espouses.

Bradley Smith has shown Finkelstein to be a lightweight, a hypocritical one at that.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:07 pm)

Oh, he is absolutely hypocritical. Specifically with the way he selectively bashes one writer for bad research while respecting others for the same. I'm speaking specifically of his personal friend (and apparent mentor) Raul Hilberg. Clearly he's never looked into the veracity of any of Hilberg's sources, specifically the "witnesses" he cites in Vol 3 of DEJ and the memoirs he draws their testimonies from.

PLAYWRIGHT
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PLAYWRIGHT » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:34 pm)

I'm seeing him speak at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee next week. Should be lively. I saw him speak once before at Marquette University here in town. Nice guy.

Think what you want, he's a good man, and his skepticism and nose for public corruption masqueradiing as justice would make a Rassinier or Faurisson proud. In his little corner of the general struggle, he fights his battle well.

If he gets emotional about his parents in Nazi concentration camps, what of it? There was no Holocaust, but the camps were (and still are) a crime. Nazi oppression was brutal, and the slave labor they experienced is one of the worst experiences anybody can know.

I think we can all agree that the camps should never have existed at all?

Anybody who thinks different can volunteer to be a current-day slave laborer in Saipan. Yes, it still happens there. Under the American flag.

Hell, I get emotional when I think of General Billy Mitchell bombing my grandparents during coal strikes, and that's been largely forgotten.

duckchuck

Postby duckchuck » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:19 pm)

PotPie:

Oh, he is absolutely hypocritical. Specifically with the way he selectively bashes one writer for bad research while respecting others for the same.

Just like Noam Chomsky - total hypocrite.

PLAYWRIGHT:

If he gets emotional about his parents in Nazi concentration camps, what of it? There was no Holocaust, but the camps were (and still are) a crime. Nazi oppression was brutal, and the slave labor they experienced is one of the worst experiences anybody can know.

I think we can all agree that the camps should never have existed at all?

Speak for yourself.

The camps were NOT a crime. What were the Germans supposed to do with all their prisoners of war? The jews declared war against Germany - and not just any war, a holy war of total extermination that got the whole world involved and tens of millions of people died as a result. And the real crime, the crime that begot all the other crimes, alleged and real, was the TOTAL WAR the jews and their allies waged against Germany. Have you read Michael Walsh's - Witness to History? Please read chapter 9 - THE 'RACE NATION' DECLARES WAR ON GERMANY - here >

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/witness2.htm#9

I have no sympathy for any misfortune that falls on those who start a war, just like I have no sympathy for someone getting the shit kicked out of them if they are the ones who started a fight. The jews / communists were to Germany what Al Qaeda is to the U.S. (I know I know, it's all an illusion, but for arguments sake...)

I think you're in need of a little more education PLAYWRIGHT. If you haven't read - Germany Must Perish! by Theodore N. Kaufman, I strongly suggest that you do. I'm sure you'll find it enlightening. Read it here >

http://www.ihr.org/books/kaufman/perish.html

Kiwichap
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kiwichap » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:47 pm)

Playwright said concerning Finkelstein: Think what you want, he's a good man...

I think the complete opposite. Finkelstein is probably the most dangerous and dastardly villain we have yet to contend with; a real wolf in sheeps clothing. He is the little leaven that will leaven the whole lump; He will divide and destroy revisionism given half a chance. He follows the divide and conquer strategy to the letter, and ships of fools who cannot see it will be dashed upon the rocks.

He fights his battle well. Sure he does. He follows the ancient and clever art of subversive division. He, like the holo industry, can see the writing on the wall. In desperation they have bought out their heavy artillery. He is a master of half-truths, which are not half-truths at all, but lies. Finkelstein does nothing for revisionism. All he does is tell us what we already know, that the holo industry is staffed by greedy men. Yet the truth is, the holo industry is staffed by liars. Sure they extort a lot of money; but truth is; it is global POWER they are after.

Finkelstein gives the liars an opportunity to clean up their patently obvious greedy money scam without touching the heart of the matter; There Was No Holocaust.

"The camps were (and still are) a crime" What a lot of nonsense. The camps were a necessary part of winning a successful war against a determined enemy. All nations had them; to nullify the enemy within.

Yet the German camps were holiday resorts, real Club Meds. With facilities that most resorts don't have. Auschwitz had three full orchestras for example, mens and womens, mainly Jews. The camps were a blessing to the few Jews incarcerated. They were reluctant to leave. They knew they were safe and sound within. The testimonies and evidence we have speaks volumes about this.

[Finkelsteins] nose for public corruption masquerading as justice would make a Rassinier or Faurisson proud. Sure, but only if Rassinier & Faurisson were deaf, dumb, and blind halfwits. It is not for justice we contend, but for the TRUTH! Now that trumps blind justice, because it opens our eyes for real justice to be dispensed!

Ya gonna have to do better than that Playwright. There is your opinion, and then there are the FACTS. The facts are; there was no holocaust, and Finkelsteins remedy is no remedy at all, but a poisoned pill. I firmly believe Finkelstein is the holo industries heavy artillery. If he cannot sucker the revisionists, he is ready to blast a back door of escape for the desperate liars.
There was no holocaust.

Tit 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

Agrarian Reformer

Postby Agrarian Reformer » 1 decade 1 year ago (Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:36 pm)

Didn't he deny the Israel lobby recently? I have a cousin who's in Iraq because of the Israel lobby and I'm deeply offended by Finkelstein's statement.
"Anybody can make an atrocity film if they take corpses out of their graves and then show a tractor shoving them back in again." - Hermann Göring

Arrow Of Truth

Postby Arrow Of Truth » 1 decade 1 year ago (Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:25 pm)

Finkelstein suffers from an acute case of Irving syndrome. He has suffered trauma at the hands of the establishment and that deserves credit even if he is beholden to some inexplicable positions in which he defends with ferocity.

But, like Irving, I'm inclined to pay him his due on the positions that he does hold that are correct rather than slate him entirely. If he is a trap we can only evade it by refuting his bad ideas rationally and not launch personalised attacks that are too uncompromising and too emotional and too dependent on him being a "spook" of some description or being coerced in some hidden manner.

There's alot of very acute, emotional hurdles that he would have to overcome to truly defy his own tribes sacred religion.

ASMarques
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby ASMarques » 1 decade 1 year ago (Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:30 am)

Will those nice folks who claim that depriving innocent individuals of their freedom and imposing punitive forced labor on them for their nations' crimes is a fair and morally legitimate measure please intern and punish themselves in order to pay for their nations' crimes?

Do give us a break and shut up. Thanks.

grenadier
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby grenadier » 1 decade 1 year ago (Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:46 am)

PotPie:
Oh, he is absolutely hypocritical. Specifically with the way he selectively bashes one writer for bad research
while respecting others for the same. I'm speaking specifically of his personal friend (and apparent mentor)
Raul Hilberg.

PotPie, your comment is right on target. Read "image and reality.." about the conflict in Palestine or "beyond Chutzpah",
and then read Hilberg's work, and you find that much of the criticism Finkelstein heaps on Israel apologist writers/historians
applies beautifully to Hilberg, whose pathetic work Finkelstein uncritically endorses.

Agrarian Reformer:
Didn't he deny the Israel lobby recently? I have a cousin who's in Iraq because of the Israel lobby and I'm deeply
offended by Finkelstein's statement.

He didn't exactly deny it but rather he minimizes the lobby's influence within the USA. While doing so, Finkelstein
ignores all the arguments which demonstrate him wrong. Professor J.Petras briefly debated F on this a while ago,
google it, it's very interesting.
In the end, as with Finkelstein's praise of shyster Hilberg, I feel there are 2 Norman Finkelsteins, one, a beautiful
and courageous researcher who, with great clarity, confronts the policies and misdeeds of racist/apartheid Israel,
and another Finkelstein, who curiously resembles those shysters he correctly criticizes.
Chomsky is the same.

Playwright:
There was no Holocaust, but the camps were (and still are) a crime. Nazi oppression was brutal, and the slave labor
they experienced is one of the worst experiences anybody can know.

I'm with Playright here(and ASMarques if I understood him correctly). There were no Gas chambers and the actions of
the Einsatzgruppen have both been taken out of context and greatly exagerated, but the Nazi concentration camp
system was a disgrace.

KostasL
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby KostasL » 1 decade 1 year ago (Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:37 pm)

ASMarques wrote:Will those nice folks who claim that depriving innocent individuals of their freedom and imposing punitive forced labor on them for their nations' crimes is a fair and morally legitimate measure please intern and punish themselves in order to pay for their nations' crimes?

Do give us a break and shut up. Thanks.

Established ww2 history is a story about good and evil, innocent and guilty, black and white...

Truth is not black and it is not white because it is grey. 8)

Some people (including me) to fight the established "german wolves against allied (or jewish) sheep" come with a shocking "german sheep" arguement.

Telling that Auschwitz was not so bad does not mean that "depriving innocent individuals of their freedom and imposing punitive forced labor on them for their nations' crimes" is fair and morally legitimate.
It means that if I was to choose between a russian forced labour camp and Auschwitz, to be interned to, I would choose Auschwitz.

I am happy that i don't face such dilemma. :wink:

holographic
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby holographic » 1 decade 1 year ago (Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:49 pm)

It appears that Finkelstein has managed to find his niche in the market. Unfortunately, it's a flea market. He's like Henry Makow who runs a website called "save the males". He writes pertinent (?) articles on the "new world order", the role of Jews within the feminist movement and communism etc. But he will NOT tolerate input from what he calls "holocaust minimizers". Although he'll publish articles from dubious sources hyping "the total 'nazification' of the West by 2012."
This Makow is Jewish.

www.savethemales.ca

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:55 am)

How can the west be "Nazified" when the demographics are constantly tipping in the favor of non-whites? That's why Jewish groups so love 3rd world migration into historically white countries.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”