Question about the Auschwitz records

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Isokirk

Question about the Auschwitz records

Postby Isokirk » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:31 pm)

Hello, I’m new here. I was a believer until maybe 18 months ago until I read the “beginner’s guide” on the birdman bryant site, and – later – saw the David Cole video.

I hope you don’t mind if I ask a question (or two) to start with.

I have read that when the Auschwitz records were released (1990?), they showed that about 70,000 people had died at Auschwitz from all causes. Did the media report on these records? I’ve read that the New York Times reported on them on 3 March 1991. Is this the case?

I’ve also read that it was Elizabeth Dole who revealed this figure. Was she one of a select few who were allowed to look at the records at all?

Where are these records kept now?

And were they acknowledged by any mainstream holocaust historians? If so, what did they say?

jemand

Postby jemand » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:43 pm)

Holocaust defenders used to say everybody who arrived at Auschwitz was gassed. After the death books surfaced, they changed their story and are now saying that the death books do not show the gassed, only the internees and forced laborers. Supposedly, the gassees weren't registered but were marched straight into the gas chambers. That is how they explain the fact that there are only around 70,000 recorded deaths.

To my knowledge, the records still aren't accessible to the general public. Most of the names can be found on the internet, though:

http://cleveland.indymedia.org/news/200 ... hp?theme=9

(click on the links that say A B C ...... Z)

Here is a statistical breakdown by date: http://thunderbay.indymedia.org/uploads ... by-day.gif

The Auschwitz Museum in Auschwitz, Poland has a search engine that allows you to look up names of deceased: http://www.auschwitz.org.pl/new/index.p ... ryb=szukaj

It has been claimed by Holocaust defenders that the most common cause of death in the death books is "heart failure", from which they conclude that those aren't the real causes of death, but they were made up by the SS. I haven't been able to verify this claim.

Isokirk

Postby Isokirk » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:11 pm)

jemand, thanks for the info and the links. Really useful.

I wonder if you or anyone else could direct me to any mainstream webpages that acknowledge the 70,000 figure for the recorded deaths. I'm sorry if this seems like a trivial question to any old-timers in here, but I am interested in explaining the revisionist position to people, and, sadly, I think there are many people who would not even bother looking if I started off by linking to sites like codoh in the first sentence.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”