Death Mills (Holocaust propaganda movie, 1945)

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
jemand
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:51 am
Location: Germany

Death Mills (Holocaust propaganda movie, 1945)

Postby jemand » 1 decade 1 year ago (Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:33 pm)

Sorry if everybody knew this already, but the US Holocaust Museum has the movie Death Mills online:

http://resources.ushmm.org/film/display/main.php?search=........


Direct link to WMV file: http://wmserver.ushmm.org/FilmVideo/RG6 ... 6_1422.wmv

jemand
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:51 am
Location: Germany

Postby jemand » 1 decade 1 year ago (Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:39 pm)

More good stuff can be found through their search page:

http://resources.ushmm.org/film/search/ ... rch=simple

User avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1652
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:23 am

Postby Moderator » 1 decade 1 year ago (Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:11 pm)

Comments required. Why is it important? Tell us your views.
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

jemand
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:51 am
Location: Germany

Postby jemand » 1 decade 1 year ago (Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:55 pm)

Death Mills tells the Dachau gas chamber lie, AFTER the US chemical corps had already found that no gassings could have been done at Dachau.
It then blames the common German people for the supposed crimes, saying they knew "it" all along and still supported the Nazis.

Apparently, on several occasions, Germans who were forced to watch propaganda films such as Death Mills protested because they recognized piles of dead for what they were: German prisoners of war, not Holocaust victims, like the propaganda film claimed.

Another, similar movie is Nazi Concentration Camps, also made in 1945. Apparently, this movie is longer and has the human skin lampshade lie, and the shrunken heads lie in it. I think I saw this movie on the above mentioned USHMM website, but I don't have time to watch it right now.

User avatar
PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:04 am
Location: Here

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 1 year ago (Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:16 pm)

jemand wrote:Death Mills tells the Dachau gas chamber lie, AFTER the US chemical corps had already found that no gassings could have been done at Dachau.
It then blames the common German people for the supposed crimes, saying they knew "it" all along and still supported the Nazis.


This was part of the intentional effort of mass propagandization with the end being to instill a sense of collective guilt in the German people. These efforts have never proven particularly effective, which is probably why these efforts are continuing. There are a number of reasons that one could think of for why the occupying powers would enact such a program. The first being, of course, to undermine and destroy support for a wildly popular leader. Second would be that such feelings make people more malleable and less resistant to outside influence. Thirdly to justify and continue reparations payments.

At this point I think the propagandization in modern Germany is coming from the political left in general along with Zionists. Politically, instilling an atmosphere of collective guilt seems to be one of the tactics of the left in undermining cohesive societies and cultures and has proven, over time, to wear down the desire of the target group of defending itself and in fact, even desiring to exist. Its one of the main fronts of attack of cultural Marxist thought and the Frankfurt School.

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 981
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:07 am)

The image of the Dachau camp as an "extermination camp" really took root in the American mind. I guess this is because it was liberated by American troops, leading to much American media exposure. Buchenwald and Bergen-Belsen not surprisingly came to occupy a similar place in the British collective mind, likely for the same reason.

While browsing throw old issues of Time yesterday I found a photo of typhus victims with the caption "6 million Jews were exterminated at camps such as Dachau". This was an issue from the early 90s, mind you.

User avatar
PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:04 am
Location: Here

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:39 pm)

Laurentz Dahl wrote:The image of the Dachau camp as an "extermination camp" really took root in the American mind. I guess this is because it was liberated by American troops, leading to much American media exposure. Buchenwald and Bergen-Belsen not surprisingly came to occupy a similar place in the British collective mind, likely for the same reason.

While browsing throw old issues of Time yesterday I found a photo of typhus victims with the caption "6 million Jews were exterminated at camps such as Dachau". This was an issue from the early 90s, mind you.


Not surprising at all. It shows the power of Hollyweird combined with political propaganda. What is the first thing that people say if you say people weren't gassed? "What about all the bodies?"

In a chat room a couple years ago I remember someone becoming extremely angry with me for saying that piles of bodies in Dachau were not gassing victims. I then showed some mainstream historical links to prove my point and the person began screaming, "My dad was there!!!" Its basically the standard script that people follow. You'd swear they all attended a holocaust indoctrination class.

MrNobody
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 424
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:54 am

Postby MrNobody » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:18 am)

PotPie wrote:
Not surprising at all. It shows the power of Hollyweird combined with political propaganda. What is the first thing that people say if you say people weren't gassed? "What about all the bodies?"

In a chat room a couple years ago I remember someone becoming extremely angry with me for saying that piles of bodies in Dachau were not gassing victims.


I made the mistake of broaching the holocaust subject with a work college just the other day.
That was very much his response "What about the 6 Million victims, where did they go?"
The poor chap couldn't seem to wrap his head around the concept that there were no 6 Million victims, therefore there was no 6 Million Bodies or piles of ash to expose.
I took it all the way back to the origins of the magical "6 Million" figure, He was completely incapable of understanding & I got called some rather unsavory names for my trouble & no doubt a reputation at work to match.
Wir brauchen eine Bewegung, die Deutschland endlich aus der Kontrolle der Kräfte von Versailles und Jalta befreit, die uns schon ein ganzes Jahrhundert lang von einer Kastastrophe in die andere stürzt.

Helga Zepp-LaRouche.

User avatar
Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 3342
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:59 am

Postby Hektor » 1 decade 1 year ago (Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:41 pm)

Moderator wrote:Comments required. Why is it important? Tell us your views.
... And one should also tell people that it is 438MB in size.


I deem them of documentary value not of "German crimes", but of documenting the smear campaign of the Allies.

Mannstein
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:50 pm

Postby Mannstein » 1 decade 1 year ago (Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:14 pm)

Potpie wrote:

This was part of the intentional effort of mass propagandization with the end being to instill a sense of collective guilt in the German people. These efforts have never proven particularly effective, which is probably why these efforts are continuing. There are a number of reasons that one could think of for why the occupying powers would enact such a program. The first being, of course, to undermine and destroy support for a wildly popular leader. Second would be that such feelings make people more malleable and less resistant to outside influence. Thirdly to justify and continue reparations payments.


There is one other reason this propaganda campaign was initiated. It was to take the focus off the Allied bombing campaign which had killed hundreds of thousands civilians and destroyed a great deal of German cultural heritage.

This is also the reason why the Nuremberg defendants were not accused of any war crimes relating to the air war during the battle of Britain.


Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 4 guests