One more venue to silence open debate on the holocaust

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
vincentferrer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

One more venue to silence open debate on the holocaust

Postby vincentferrer » 1 decade 3 months ago (Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:57 pm)

I was recently looking at the facebook wall of a Catholic radio personality , Roger Hedgecock, ( reminds me of a sean hannity ) and noticed one of his FAVORITE websites is one called the Jewish Internet Defense Force. www.thejidf.org

I went to the site and it seems the purpose of this site is to seek out any site on facebook that discusses or promotes holocaust denial,
and get it removed. They have about 75,000 friends that are registered on the site. Holocaust denial to them is hate speech and has no place on the web.

Read this!

In March of 2008, the Jewish Internet Defense Force (JIDF) launched a major campaign against all antisemitic and terrorist content on Facebook, including groups focused upon or containing Holocaust denying material.

Facebook has either been too slow to remove such material after we brought the TOS violations to their attention, not proactive enough in general, or, in the case of Holocaust denial, Facebook is flat-out refusing to remove it, despite the fact that denying the Holocaust is hate speech.

While there has been important research done specifically on these issues (most notably by Dr. Andre Oboler) and international media attention on JIDF activism throughout the past year, things have escalated in recent weeks as we inspired bloggers to cover the issues, which led to the mainstream media (including FOX, CNN, NY Times, etc.) to help expose them even further.

Many of the reports are focusing on a small number of groups with few members as they were relying upon a sample we used to illustrate a point on our website last October. Meanwhile, our current research finds that there are other, much larger, groups that are denying the Holocaust on Facebook.

The media is also leaving out the important fact that over the past year, thousands of activists have rallied to report this content and have written or spoken to Facebook directly about the problem.

Here is the place where we may all unite.

There are many other concerns on Facebook in general (groups promoting terrorism and advocating genocide, calling for the "REAL" Holocaust, etc.).

Here we will focus on Holocaust denial content, with the hopes that it will eventually serve as yet another gateway for us to address the other issues on Facebook and the internet in general.

We maintain that Holocaust denial represents clear hatred and serves no valid purpose within the Facebook community whatsoever. Also, this is a HUMAN concern, and not merely a Jewish one.

However, Facebook stubbornly and proudly refuses to take the proper action to remove these groups and material, despite the fact that the promotion of hatred on Facebook is against its own Terms of Service (TOS) and despite thousands of complaints from Facebook members, criticism in the media, and advertisers pulling their ads.

Facebook has a moral and ethical obligation to its members and to humanity to remove these hateful groups and enforce its own rules.

In memory of ALL those murdered by the Nazis, we stand united in our call for Facebook to do the right thing and take a strong stand against Holocaust denial and hatred on its platform.

If there is one positive we see from this, it is that these people who want to limit your free speech are very worried about the free flow of truth on the internet and facebook gets more info to more people than most other venues. All the more reason for revisionists to open up a facebook page and spread the truth.

I will be calling this radio host and asking him about this friend he has posted on his site. I hope to get in one good holocaust revisionist question or website before he cuts me off. Anyone who dares to have an opinion different than the Jews, is a Neo Nazi, at least according to the Catholics I talk to. I have actually had Catholics ask me, based on questioning the holocaust if I am a Nazi, despite being a practicing Catholic.
The very word holocaust is a pejorative to every German citizen. There was no holocaust,
just lies from the abandoned race.

patriot9878

Re: One more venue to silence open debate on the holocaust

Postby patriot9878 » 1 decade 3 months ago (Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:12 pm)

You should post on every German web site about the holocaust. You should post these sites that show proof it's a hoax, because the German's are walking around thinking they are guilty. I post to all German chat rooms and Austrian chat rooms. I just google translation and translate for free.

Thesaint
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Thesaint » 1 decade 3 months ago (Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:29 pm)

vincentferrer wrote:I was recently looking at the facebook wall of a Catholic radio personality , Roger Hedgecock, ( reminds me of a sean hannity ) and noticed one of his FAVORITE websites is one called the Jewish Internet Defense Force. http://www.thejidf.org

I went to the site and it seems the purpose of this site is to seek out any site on facebook that discusses or promotes holocaust denial,
and get it removed. They have about 75,000 friends that are registered on the site. Holocaust denial to them is hate speech and has no place on the web.

Read this!

In March of 2008, the Jewish Internet Defense Force (JIDF) launched a major campaign against all antisemitic and terrorist content on Facebook, including groups focused upon or containing Holocaust denying material.

Facebook has either been too slow to remove such material after we brought the TOS violations to their attention, not proactive enough in general, or, in the case of Holocaust denial, Facebook is flat-out refusing to remove it, despite the fact that denying the Holocaust is hate speech.

While there has been important research done specifically on these issues (most notably by Dr. Andre Oboler) and international media attention on JIDF activism throughout the past year, things have escalated in recent weeks as we inspired bloggers to cover the issues, which led to the mainstream media (including FOX, CNN, NY Times, etc.) to help expose them even further.

Many of the reports are focusing on a small number of groups with few members as they were relying upon a sample we used to illustrate a point on our website last October. Meanwhile, our current research finds that there are other, much larger, groups that are denying the Holocaust on Facebook.

The media is also leaving out the important fact that over the past year, thousands of activists have rallied to report this content and have written or spoken to Facebook directly about the problem.

Here is the place where we may all unite.

There are many other concerns on Facebook in general (groups promoting terrorism and advocating genocide, calling for the "REAL" Holocaust, etc.).

Here we will focus on Holocaust denial content, with the hopes that it will eventually serve as yet another gateway for us to address the other issues on Facebook and the internet in general.

We maintain that Holocaust denial represents clear hatred and serves no valid purpose within the Facebook community whatsoever. Also, this is a HUMAN concern, and not merely a Jewish one.

However, Facebook stubbornly and proudly refuses to take the proper action to remove these groups and material, despite the fact that the promotion of hatred on Facebook is against its own Terms of Service (TOS) and despite thousands of complaints from Facebook members, criticism in the media, and advertisers pulling their ads.

Facebook has a moral and ethical obligation to its members and to humanity to remove these hateful groups and enforce its own rules.

In memory of ALL those murdered by the Nazis, we stand united in our call for Facebook to do the right thing and take a strong stand against Holocaust denial and hatred on its platform.

If there is one positive we see from this, it is that these people who want to limit your free speech are very worried about the free flow of truth on the internet and facebook gets more info to more people than most other venues. All the more reason for revisionists to open up a facebook page and spread the truth.

I will be calling this radio host and asking him about this friend he has posted on his site. I hope to get in one good holocaust revisionist question or website before he cuts me off. Anyone who dares to have an opinion different than the Jews, is a Neo Nazi, at least according to the Catholics I talk to. I have actually had Catholics ask me, based on questioning the holocaust if I am a Nazi, despite being a practicing Catholic.

The J.I.D.F goons are very active on Youtube as well.Merely showing videos of non-gratuitous Palestinian suffering is enough to be "mass-flagged" and banned.Persistent "offenders" are I.P banned.
Meanwhile,wholesome videos such as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN5StQAr7n0

stay up on the Israeli-owned Youtube as long as the owner wants.I personally would never stoop so low to "flag" videos,but I do wonder how many have done so for that particular video.Maybe the A.D.L and Youtube(the A.D.L logo is on the Youtube complaints page I am told!)really have no problem at all with hate speech per se,eh?
"We didn't call survivors," says Lipstadt, "because first of all we didn't want to subject them to cross-examination by this guy. He (Irving) would have destroyed them."
- Jerusalem Post 6/16/00

Mojo

Postby Mojo » 1 decade 3 months ago (Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:53 pm)

vincentferrer wrote:I hope to get in one good holocaust revisionist question or website before he cuts me off.

Respectfully, if you only had one question to ask, what would it be?

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”