Hitler's Table Talk and Exterminationism

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
montague

Hitler's Table Talk and Exterminationism

Postby montague » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:07 am)

I've been reading the splendid Hitler's Table Talk. It seems the genuine article 99% of the time - mostly, I think, because it humanises Hitler.

Anyway, a few paragraphs here and there supply grist to the Exterminationist mill. Most notably, section 119, in which he states that if the Jews can't be deported from Europe, the only possibility is 'extermination'. (The year is 1942).

It's possible that the sentence was mistranslated, or that it was inserted by a post-war forger. It doesn't convince me that the Holocaust was occurred, of course: the fact that so and so says that he wants X 'exterminated' doesn't prove that he did indeed do that. The Talmud, for instance, is full of passages that declare that Christians as a people must be exterminated.

But section 119 is worthy of notice in that, of all Hitler's pronouncements and writings, it's the only one that makes a reference to a desire on his part to exterminate the Jews. No doubt Exterminationist writers have deployed a great many times as 'proof' of the Holocaust.

Rupert.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 6 years ago (Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:33 pm)

There's some interesting observations about the alleged 'table talk' here:

http://www.fpp.co.uk/Hitler/Table_Talk/Picker.html

- H.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”