An Academic Lecture On The Holocaust

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
labview1958

An Academic Lecture On The Holocaust

Postby labview1958 » 9 years 1 month ago (Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:49 am)

Watch video of "The Years of Extermination: An Integrated History of the Holocaust," a talk by Saul Friedlander, holder of the 1939 Club Chair at the University of California, Los Angeles. The lecture is part of the 30th annual Vanderbilt Holocaust Lecture Series and took place Nov. 5, 2007 on the Vanderbilt University campus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AV3FuHwcps&feature=channel

Moderator3

Re: An Academic Lecture On The Holocaust

Postby Moderator3 » 9 years 1 month ago (Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:45 pm)

Please comment on your link, the origin of this thread. Simply saying the equivalent of, 'Hey, watch this ...' won't get it. Tell us what you find compelling, or disinformational, or ridiculous, etc.; we want your views. Please re-read our guidelines which you agreed to when you registered. Thanks.

Moderator #3

Thesaint
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Thesaint » 9 years 1 month ago (Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:28 pm)

Thanks for posting this Labview1958.

I`ve never before watched a hoaxer university lecturer in action.Very illuminating,if a tad creepy.

The poor chap was all over the place e.g "I think the extermination was a central part of Hitler`s war plan"+"There was no plan for extermination at the start of the war"+"The mass killings of Jews in Russia was common knowledge amongst the German populace"(one German soldier,a certain "HK"-said in a letter that he witnessed 30,000 Jews executed by individual shots to the neck)+"But the Jews being sent for resettlement in their diaries spoke of future plans after the war because they could`nt bring themselves to really believe that they were destined for murder" etc,etc.
Last edited by Thesaint on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We didn't call survivors," says Lipstadt, "because first of all we didn't want to subject them to cross-examination by this guy. He (Irving) would have destroyed them."
- Jerusalem Post 6/16/00

Thesaint
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Thesaint » 9 years 1 month ago (Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:42 pm)

I notice that one of the other videos was titled:

"The story of cruel and unusual" which I presume must be about the imprisonment of revisionist scholars.............
"We didn't call survivors," says Lipstadt, "because first of all we didn't want to subject them to cross-examination by this guy. He (Irving) would have destroyed them."
- Jerusalem Post 6/16/00

labview1958

Postby labview1958 » 9 years 1 month ago (Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:24 am)

The central theme of the lecture is many germans wrote about the "holocaust" in their diaries. Thus the "holocaust" happened. It is quite a resonable deduction.

Kageki

Postby Kageki » 9 years 3 weeks ago (Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:46 am)

labview1958 wrote:The central theme of the lecture is many germans wrote about the "holocaust" in their diaries. Thus the "holocaust" happened. It is quite a resonable deduction.

I couldn't bear his accent and slow speech so I'm sorry I won't be watching it.

I would be curious to know these germans and what they wrote.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 9 years 3 weeks ago (Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:41 am)

The central theme of the lecture is many germans wrote about the "holocaust" in their diaries. Thus the "holocaust" happened. It is quite a resonable deduction.

How many is "many"? And did they write about about reprisal shootings of civilians and very likely some targeted murders of Jews (which are not contested) or systematic racial extermination (which is)?

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 9 years 3 weeks ago (Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:35 pm)

labview1958 wrote:The central theme of the lecture is many germans wrote about the "holocaust" in their diaries. Thus the "holocaust" happened. It is quite a resonable deduction.

It's deceptive trickery to express it very friendly. It's kind of a package deal and goes like this:
Some Germans wrote in their diary about Jews being arrested, Jews being deported, Jews being in the camps etc. And the Holocaustians put this under the umbrella term "Holocaust". And as they also put homicidal gassings under the same umbrella terms, they manage to make people believe that Germans wrote about this in their diaries.

It is the same trick as the ""Holocaust is the best documented genocide in human history". They'll simply get some ordinary documents on deportations and internment and then make you believe that homicidal gassings are "documented well.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”