John Keegan and the so-called Holocau$t

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
friedrich braun
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

John Keegan and the so-called Holocau$t

Postby friedrich braun » 1 decade 6 years ago (Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:11 pm)

I'm reading John Keegan's book on WW II and the following passage caught my attention (see below):

What especially struck me is Keegan's allegation that 450,000 [!?] Jews were delivered to the SS between March and June 1944 and gassed at Auschwitz -- Keegan doesn't give a source for these figures; hence, we don't know the origin of these numbers.

Question: does anyone know the source for these fantastic figures, and what should one make of them?

"[Jews] sent to camps associated with an industrial plant run by the SS economic branch were usually worked to a state of enfeeblement before being sent to the gas chamber, though the old, the weak adn the young might be gassed immediately; Auschwitz, the large camp in southern Poland, served both purposes. Those sent to the extermination camps, like Treblinka and Sobibor, were gassed on arrival. In this way, by the end of 1943, about 40 per cent of the world's Jewish population, some 6 million people, had been put to death; of the large European Jewish community to survive, the 800, 000 in Hungary, 450,000 were delivered to the SS between March and June 1944 and gassed at Auschwitz.
By that time, the head of the SS economic branch reported to Himmler on 5 April, there were twenty concentration camps and 165 subsidiary labour camps; in August 1944 the population was 524,286, of whom 145,119 were women. In January 1945 the total had risen to 714,211, of whom 202,674 were women.

John Keegan, The Second World War (New York: Viking Penguin, 1989) at 288-289.

montague

Postby montague » 1 decade 6 years ago (Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:46 pm)

He probably got the figures from Raoul Hilberg or some other establishment historian. But the thing you have to realise is that these figures are literally plucked from the air - that's what Graf's book on Hilberg (The Giant with the Feet of Clay) has shown, for instance.

Carlos Porter does a book which reprints transcripts from the Nuremberg trials, and it makes clear that the prosecutors and eyewitnesses are making figures up as they go along. A transcript will read that that 'The Nazis killed 120,000 in the Belarusian village of Kornakassy with poisoned pies and coffees', and so on. (No joke, the Nazis really were accused of killing people with that method). It's accusation after accusation, with no attempt at gathering forensic or demographic evidence... But what decent scholar is going to challenge a Jew, or stick up for the Nazis, and point this out? Hence, Exterminationist authors have carte-blanche when it comes to figures.

But, as Walter Sanning's book shows, the Jews do keep accurate demographic records, which, when examined, can show exactly how many Jews didn't die during the Holocaust. It's just that the Jews prefer to keep two sets of books - one for themselves and one for the rubes (us goyim).

Rupert.

Malle
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Malle » 1 decade 6 years ago (Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:19 pm)

montague wrote:A transcript will read that that 'The Nazis killed 120,000 in the Belarusian village of Kornakassy with poisoned pies and coffees', and so on. (No joke, the Nazis really were accused of killing people with that method).

Where did you or Porter get that? I have searched all Nuremberg trials and only came up with this passage:

Excerpt from International Military Tribunal. Volume VII, USSR-63: wrote:"According to instructions issued by the German commandant, all the school children were ordered to appear at the school at a given time. On arrival, the 245 children, school books in hand. were sent to a factory school outside the town, allegedly for a walk. There the cold and hungry infants were offered coffee and poisoned pies. Since there was not enough coffee to go round, those who did not get any were sent to the infirmary where a German orderly smeared their lips with a quick-acting poison. In a few minutes all the children were dead. School children of the higher grades were carried off in trucks and shot down by machine gun fire 8 kilometers outside of the town. The bodies of the first batch of murdered children were brought to the same spota very large, very long, antitank trench."

"In a few minutes all were dead". I'll think this sentence occurs in almost every document presented by the Soviets. It amazing with all these German killing methods! Why don't simply shot them I the head with a bullet like the Soviets? It had certainly been trustworthier to say the Germans shot 245 schoolchildren, instead of saying that they baked pie with poison and made coffee to these children.
I must be a mushroom - because everyone keeps me in the dark and feeds me with lots of bullshit.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”