Intelligence Reports on the "Holocaust"

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Intelligence Reports on the "Holocaust"

Postby Hektor » 7 years 3 months ago (Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:52 pm)

I was wondering about this for quite a while, but didn't debate this in detail until know. It should be assumed, especially in war time, that intelligence services do gather information about their enemies and what they are doing. Partially this is done to predict their strength, moves, weaknesses and of course to get dirt on them. And bureaucracies have the habit of gathering lots of data and files.
Germany had a couple of enemies many of them for several years. Mainly this would be the US, Great Britain and Soviet Union. All three these powers do have quite effective and professional intelligence services. So the question would be. Did these intelligence service "know" something about the Holocaust? Positively this would mean did they have any reports on activities that exceed deportations or diseases in the camps?

Wings

Re: Intelligence Reports on the "Holocaust"

Postby Wings » 7 years 3 months ago (Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:18 am)

I know of no Intelligence Reports of any provenance which in any way shed an unfavorable Light on any internal Policies of Germany from 1933 to the War's end...nor any Intelligence Reports which showed any unfavorable Light on anything having to do with the work Camps, Prisons or other detainment of Criminals suring that time.

Various 'allies' Intel knew of the hardships which the Saturation and other Bombing they were doing to Germany was causing both to the German Civillians generally, and, to the operations and suppliy lines on which the Camps depended. Intel knew of various Camps being abandonded and withdrawn from, etc, prior to any so-called 'liberation' of such Camps...but, I do not know off hand where to point you for period Documents regarding that.

astro3
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby astro3 » 7 years 3 months ago (Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:37 pm)

The well-known one by British Intelligence came from Bletchley Park, where they were cracking the Nazi 'Enigma' codes. Over the period Spring 1942-February 1943 what they intercepted from Auschwitz was summarized as follows:
"The return from Auschwitz, the largest of the camps with 20,000 prisoners, mentioned illness as the main cause of death, but included references to shootings and hangings. There were no references in the decrypts to gassings."

No notice was taken at Nuremberg of this crystal-clear, British Intel. (British Intelligence in World War Two, HMSO, 1981 F.Hinsey Ed., Vol. II, p.673.)

Postby Moderator » 7 years 3 months ago (Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:51 pm)

MorrisT:
I have deleted your last post here. Do not just post a link as a response. We want you to state what is in the link that compels you to post it. We want to see your specific views. Read the guidelines.
M1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 7 years 3 months ago (Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:24 am)

If MorrisT has anything relating to intelligence reports that is revealing. He should by all means post it, explaining why he deems it helpful with my questions above.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”