Swimming in Aushwitz!

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Swimming in Aushwitz!

Postby Hannover » 7 years 3 weeks ago (Wed May 08, 2013 10:54 am)

While not Auschwitz, this is the swimming pool at Mauthausen (in the background ) that was obviously built before the end of the war:
courtesy of Carlos Porter: http://www.cwporter.com
Cover photo: healthy concentration camp inmates in front of swimming pool with sprinkler system, high diving board, and wearing wrist watches, photographed at Ebensee, Mauthausen, on May 6, 1945.

As for the Auschwitz swimming pool for inmates, this is from:
Hannover @ Dr. Faurisson shreds J.C Pressac's 'gas chambers'
Pressac is careless when he challenges the revisionists to prove that in the central camp the swimming pool was used by the inmates. I will let a former Auschwitz prisoner answer for me. He was a professor in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Strasbourg who, while affirming in a rather vague way the homicidal gassings at Auschwitz, was just as willing to write about the distractions available to the inmates:

On Sunday afternoons, there were soccer, basketball and water polo matches [my emphasis] to the ardent cheers of the spectators: people need very little to distract them from the dangers that threatened them! The SS administration allowed regular amusements for the prisoners, even on weekdays. A movie theater showed Nazi newsreels and sentimental films and a very popular cabaret gave presentations often attended by the SS authorities. Finally, there was a very creditable orchestra, made up originally only of Polish musicians and replaced later by a new, high-quality group made up of musicians of all nationalities, mostly Jews (Marc Klein, "Observations et réflexions sur les camps de concentration nazis", taken from the journal Etudes germaniques (No. 3, 1946), 1948, p. 31).

This is too easy.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Balsamo
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Balsamo » 7 years 3 weeks ago (Wed May 08, 2013 4:04 pm)

A tiny pool for 10.000? without filter system?
No wonder they had the typhus problem...

Seriously, does anyone think that this pool was a free to go for every inmates

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 7 years 3 weeks ago (Wed May 08, 2013 5:21 pm)

Balsamo wrote:Seriously, does anyone think that this pool was a free to go for every inmates

According to Jew inmate Klein it was indeed available to inmates. "Every"? Well, maybe not those with typhus.
Do you have any proof that the pool was not used by inmates?

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 7 years 3 weeks ago (Wed May 08, 2013 5:27 pm)

I cannot answer your questions. Besides, Balsamo, have you done any extensive research on how exactly the pool system worked? If "yes", could you please share your findings with us? You sort of indicate in your posting that you know something about this topic :)

As for pools...there was one at Dachau too :wink:

And according to Judge Konrad Morgen the camps had a healthy amount of recreation facilities and apparently a lot of fairness (especially in lieu of a full blown, gigantic war of survival and one of epic struggle):

Konrad Morgen wrote:The installations of the camp were in good order, especially the hospital. The camp authorities, under the Commandant Diester, aimed at providing the prisoners with an existence worthy of human beings. They had regular mail service. They had a large camp library, even with foreign books. They had variety shows, motion pictures, sporting events. They even had a brothel. Nearly all the other concentration camps were similar to Buchenwald. [1]

Regards,
-haldan

Note:

1. The Avalon Project : Nuremberg Trial Proceedings Vol. 20

Balsamo wrote:A tiny pool for 10.000? without filter system?

<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Balsamo
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Balsamo » 7 years 3 weeks ago (Wed May 08, 2013 8:22 pm)

Haldan wrote:I cannot answer your questions. Besides, Balsamo, have you done any extensive research on how exactly the pool system worked? If "yes", could you please share your findings with us? You sort of indicate in your posting that you know something about this topic :)

As for pools...there was one at Dachau too :wink:

And according to Judge Konrad Morgen the camps had a healthy amount of recreation facilities and apparently a lot of fairness (especially in lieu of a full blown, gigantic war of survival and one of epic struggle):

Konrad Morgen wrote:The installations of the camp were in good order, especially the hospital. The camp authorities, under the Commandant Diester, aimed at providing the prisoners with an existence worthy of human beings. They had regular mail service. They had a large camp library, even with foreign books. They had variety shows, motion pictures, sporting events. They even had a brothel. Nearly all the other concentration camps were similar to Buchenwald. [1]

Regards,
-haldan

Note:

1. The Avalon Project : Nuremberg Trial Proceedings Vol. 20

Balsamo wrote:A tiny pool for 10.000? without filter system?

Nope, but a simple calculation is enough to conclude that not all of the inmates could have been allowed to use this tiny pool, which could be used only in summer, and that is for a population between 10 and 15.000 people?
Nice to see you all quote Marc Klein - a brilliant biologist and doctor - who had the luck to be considered as essential.
But i wonder how many of you have read its entire testimony, and not only some parts quoted by Faurisson?

Goethe
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Goethe » 7 years 3 weeks ago (Wed May 08, 2013 9:16 pm)

Yes sir, swimming pools everywhere in Poland would see use mainly in summer. So?
Yes, not all inmates could use the pool at the same time.
Mr. Klein "brilliant"? Or is this just more Chosen Ones self promotion.
Please Mr Balsamo, let us know what else the Brilliant Chosen One said.
We wonder why the other swimming pools throughout the labor camp system are not acknowledged by Mr. Balsamo. Are they all now said to have been built by the Allies after the war?
"The coward threatens when he is safe".
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Balsamo
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Balsamo » 7 years 3 weeks ago (Wed May 08, 2013 10:30 pm)

It is not me that put forward Marc Klein testimony, but Faurisson...So i fail to see what you expecting from me...
Although, i think he gave a very accurate description of how things were organized at the Stammlager...But quoting his physical description of the camp, and most certainly, calling him a liar when he comes to how things went down there...well that is not logical to me, sorry.

As for the other camps, where did i deny existence of any facilities ? the subject here being the Auschwitz swimming pool !!

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 8 months 4 days ago (Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:11 pm)

I know I am bumping a rather old thread, but I found a post on this blog which mentions other testimony of Jews swimming at Auschwitz and it didn't seem necessary to make a whole other thread on it:
According to Jewish Auschwitz survivor Marc Klein there was a swimming pool for inmates, he mentions it at least twice in his recollections of the camp. In an article entitled ‘Auschwitz I Stammlager’ he wrote: “The working hours were modified on Sundays and holidays, when most of the kommandos were at leisure. Roll call was at around noon; evenings were devoted to rest and to a choice of cultural and sporting activities. Football, basketball, and water-polo matches (in an open-air pool built within the perimeter by detainees) attracted crowds of onlookers. It should be noted that only the very fit and well-fed, exempt from the harsh jobs, could indulge in these games which drew the liveliest applause from the masses of other detainees” (De l’Université aux camps de concentration: Télmorgnages strasbourgeois, Paris, les Belles-lettres, 1947, p. 453).

Jewish detainee, Raphael Esrail, confirmed in a short testimony written in 1997 that he saw, in July 1944, dozens of his fellow prisoners busy at work on the said pool which, he pointed out, had “a diving board and an access ladder”. [1]

Inmates from Auschwitz and surrounding camps enjoyed swimming and sunbathing beside the pool on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Although not as popular as sports like soccer, some competition was organized where inmates from different countries of origin, and different camps, raced in individual and relay events.’

One of those who took advantage of the Auschwitz swimming pool was the French Jewish swimmer Alfred Nakache.

Nakache was a member of France’s Olympic Swimming Team at the Berlin Olympics of 1936. A freestyle swimmer, his team finished fourth in the 4x200m relay finals, just missing a bronze medal. But, his aquatic career was interrupted and put on hold during the German occupation of France in World War II.

Nakache was arrested and deported with his wife and their two-year-old daughter to Auschwitz in January 1944. Alfred was sent to Auschwitz III to work in a rubber factory. Sadly his wife and daughter perished.

At Auschwitz, Nakache would often compete against an amateur swimmer, prisoner number 172345, Noah kliger.

Less than a year after his liberation from Auschwitz, Nakache was a member of the French 3 x 100m relay team that established a World record in August 1946 at Toulouse.

Nakache was also a member of France’s Olympic swimming team that competed in the London Olympics of 1948.

[1] Raphael Esrail, Une piscine à Auschwitz, in Après Auschwitz (Bulletin de l’Amicale des déportés d’Auschwitz), n° 264/octobre 1997, p. 10).
https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2017 ... auschwitz/ or https://archive.is/DMbWC
"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principal is contempt prior to investigation."
-- Herbert Spencer

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”