A little humor to lighten your day

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Creox
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

A little humor to lighten your day

Postby Creox » 6 years 3 months ago (Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:36 pm)

From the Onion.

I had to share.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/just-once-id-like-to-make-a-hotel-reservation-with,33136/?utm_source=07-22-13&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_dispatch

Put yourself in my shoes. When you make hotel reservations do you want to hear about how someone’s grandfather would have died at Bergen-Belsen had it been liberated just one week later? No. Of course not. All you want to do is give your name, specify what kind of bed you want (I personally prefer a king-size bed, but I’ll take a queen if that’s what’s available), find out what time check-in is, and then that’s that. The last thing you want is to be on the line for another 25 minutes while somebody you don’t even know tells an incredibly intense story about how, to this day, a great uncle is haunted by his experience at Buchenwald.

I literally can’t remember the last time I called a hotel and the Holocaust didn’t come up. Sometimes the call will go pretty smoothly. I’ll get to the part where I give my credit card number and I’ll think, “Okay, we’re home free.” The call is just about to end, and then the hotel employee says something like, “I couldn’t help but notice…” and I think to myself, “Good Christ, here we go.”

The reason I like it is because it is making light of the situation instead of the usual dark seriousness of the topic. Perhaps a shoe in to better things?

Cheers

StuDewan

Re: A little humor to lighten your day

Postby StuDewan » 6 years 3 months ago (Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:22 pm)

Wiesel doesn't like to discuss the Holocaust...

... for free...

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 6 years 3 months ago (Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:54 am)

If you really want a laugh just read this pile of tosh from the super spinner of the holohoax yarn Shermer.

http://www.whale.to/b/shermer.html

read it carefully and see how many ridiculous claims and illogical statements he makes. maybe we can compare notes later.

Edited for accuracy.
Last edited by borjastick on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 6 years 3 months ago (Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:28 pm)

Borjastick

That's Shermer, not Berenbaum.

Shermer, the credulous sceptic.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”