"Gas chamber" discovered at Sobibor

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Inquisitor
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: "Gas chamber" discovered at Sobibor

Postby Inquisitor » 6 years 2 months ago (Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:25 pm)

borjastick wrote:
Probably by the size of the rooms - 128 square meters (8 X 4 X 4) - and a realistic starting point of 4 people per square meter.

Funnily, the orthodox narrative says that the Nazis were able to kill 1,200 or 1,300 people in 96 square meters (6 X 4 X 4) ("Gas chamber" discovered at Sobibor), what makes 12.5 or 13.5 people per square meter. Like us, Haimi and his colleagues patently think that holo-testimonies are laughable and unrealistic. :twisted:

Assuming full capacity at all times for each and every gassing cycle is not something an archeologist would KNOW. It would be an assumption at best. They are clutching at straws, as usual, and they have no proof or any way of knowing how many were in each room each time it was used as a gas chamber. Of course the claims are spurious at best because they have no gas chambers and no proof of mass murder.

This so called excavation at Sobibor smacks of desperation as the steam has run out on the claims at Treblinka, Majdanek and of course Auschwitz. My prediction of a vastly increased death claim for Sobibor still stands.

Desperation indeed! For goodness sake - we're talking about how many bodies could have been crammed into some alleged "gas-chamber" room, when there is no sensible reason to believe these concrete footings belong to murderous "gas-chambers" at all. Those foundations and fixtures could have(and to rational thinkers would have) served any of scores of purposes, not one of them homicidal! What is their evidence, exactly, that this was a group of "gas-chambers?" "Oh, well we found an old bone and a spoon over here so...gas-chamber!" "Then we found some plumbing remnants so...disguised gas-chamber."

Or the ever reliable "eye-witnesses," who haven't been able to keep one version of the story straight in seven decades?!

This is not archeology - it is political theater with shovels!

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 6 years 2 months ago (Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:43 pm)

Well said, Inquisitor.
Werd wrote:... we all remember this picture from Belzec...

Off topic from Sobibor, but we do see another phoney image from the nutter Zionists at the Ghetto Fighters' House.
What are these items supposed to be? Gourds? Skulls? Pile of rags? Pieces of skin? So conveniently blurry as well. Just more of what the Germans left behind? ... even though the storyline says that the Germans destroyed all the evidence? Where's the proof that this is even Belzec?

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

blake121666

Postby blake121666 » 6 years 2 months ago (Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:23 pm)

borjastick wrote:Secondly I have looked at two google earth type satellite photo web sites of Sobibor and cannot see the so called 'mound of ashes'. Can someone here take a look and see if they can find it on one please? It's probably my error but interesting never the less.

I had a hard time finding it last night. But now I've found it on google:

http://tinyurl.com/ln6qmea

The trick was to google for "latitude longitude sobibor" and then look in a wide pan-out of that general area (51.4472° N, 23.5936° E). I think there is a Polish town called Sobibor that I was looking at last night (although a "picture" of the ash mound showed up as one of the satellite entries oddly enough). I see that there are only pictures for the horizontal views. Too many trees? I don't know much about google earth to know why I can't pan horizontally. About a year or so ago I panned horizontally through the alley behind the house I grew up in! The maple tree I planted as a kid is a real monster nowadays.

You can zoom out of course to get a view of where this mound is w.r.t. the camp.

Creox
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Creox » 6 years 2 months ago (Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:11 pm)

For me, the elephant in the room these archaeologists and Holocaust believers continue to ignore is that they have to go to these lengths to "prove" an event supposedly self evident/ has mountains of evidence etc. They have shown nothing in this dig that can be proven to be gas chambers on it's own merits. Nothing....I am truly amazed once again.

Postby Moderator » 6 years 2 months ago (Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:59 pm)

Werd, Don Worth, stay on the topic of this thread ... recent events at Sobibor. I deleted your last posts.
M1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Werd
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Werd » 6 years 2 months ago (Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:33 pm)

Jews prevent DNA test of claimed 'holocau$t' victims
Stuttgart Remains To Be Reburied Sans Forensic Tests and 'Holocaust' Link
Expatica.com

German authorities Thursday issued an order for the re-burial of human bones found at Stuttgart Airport, after Jewish groups protested against the exhumation of the remains of apparent Holocaust victims. Prosecutors, who have opened a murder inquiry, were told to dispense with DNA tests on the 34 sets of bones, which they had hoped would identify the dead and confirm the Holocaust link. Independent evidence suggests the remains were those of Jewish slave labourers who died of starvation and typhoid while forced to work in a Gestapo camp between November 1944 and February 1945, when the site was a Luftwaffe air strip during World War II. Jewish religious scholars said the exhumation and the tests violated the requirement to leave the dead in peace. The mass grave was accidentally discovered during airport construction work in September.

This was posted in 2005 by hannover. It seems that with the spread of revisionism, even Yoram Haimi who is leading the excavations at Sobibor now, wants to do DNA testing on the skeletons found. I would like to think that if revisionism is growing, the hoaxers are being backed into a corner to the point they will be almost forced to allow DNA testing now.

Werd
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Werd » 6 years 2 months ago (Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:56 pm)

A couple of links courtesty of HC posting them.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/zei ... 93733.html
http://www.spiegel.de/international/eur ... 93928.html

Let's look at the first one a little. There are some embedded videos there to watch.
A Voice for the Dead: Recovering the Lost History of Sobibór

By Claus Hecking

_______________________________________________________________________________________________-

Freshly uncovered foundations and remains of the walls can be seen in a clearing, the suspected remnants of four gas chambers. Each measures five by seven meters (16 feet by 23 feet) and served as death cells for 70 to 100 people at a time.

"This is where they forced the Jews in," says Yoram Haimi, pointing to the gap between the red bricks. "And that's probably where the motor was placed that fed exhaust fumes into the chambers, says Wojciech Mazurek. The two archeologists, from Israel and Poland, constantly interrupt each other out of excitement over the historical importance of their discovery.

In recent days, excavation work led by Haimi, 53, and Mazurek, 54, uncovered the remains of the gas chambers of Sobibór some 71 years after the Nazis destroyed the extermination camp where between 170,000 and 250,000 people were murdered. Haimi and Mazurek have found what the Nazis sought to cover up. Their find will help to make the atrocities committed at Sobibór become a more tangible reality.

[VIDEO]
Direct link here.
http://www.spiegel.de/video/sobibor-arc ... 24019.html
________________________________________________________________________________________________

The murderous apparatus proved extremely efficient. Around 30 SS officers and 120 Eastern Europeans "volunteers," including John Demjankuk, the man convicted in Germany in 2011 for serving as a guard at the camp, were sufficient for the murder of 170,000 to 250,000 Jews in Sobibór. The only people who survived the war from the camp were 50 who broke out during an insurgency. In Treblinka, close to 800,000 people were murdered, with only 60 survivors. In Belzec, where more than 430,000 people were killed, a mere eight survived.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Previously, they excavated the remains of the platform where the deported Jews arrived. They also discovered an escape tunnel that had been started as well as a Himmelfahrtsstrasse, or "road to heaven," as the perpetrators cynically referred to the 230-meter long path that naked Jews were told to take after getting their hair cut, allegedly to the place where they were to take a shower.

'I Always Suspected They Were Here'

The archeologists have now laid open the sites of the gas chambers, located just a few steps away from the old memorial to the victims, hidden under a thick layer of asphalt. "I always suspected they were here," Haimi says.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asphalt Covers Mass Graves

For two decades, it was mostly farmers and lumberjacks who used the property. During the 1960s, officials erected a memorial and a symbolic mausoleum and the site was tarred over. "It was a very fortunate development," Mazurek says, "Because it protected the foundations of the gas chambers."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

In 2010, the archeologists discovered remains of a double fence that encircled the camp and, one year later, the Himmelfahrtsstrasse. "It was pretty clear to us that the gas chambers would be at the end of it," Haimi says. But they hadn't found them yet. The memorial was then faced with closure because of a lack of funding. All the visitor facilities had to be closed temporarily until the Foundation for Polish-German Reconciliation and the State Museum at Majdanek stepped in to take over responsibility for the site.

Haimi and Mazurek resumed their excavations and found the remains of fences, barracks and crematoriums as well as several skeletons. They began to narrow down the search area. Finally, the rabbi of Warsaw gave permission for the removal of the asphalt above the suspected grave.

They finally reached their goal on Sept. 8, when the archeologists uncovered the remains of a red brick wall and, soon after, the next ones. "Both of us looked at it at the same time and smiled," Mazurek says. "We knew we had succeeded."

The archeologists still don't have final proof that these are the gas chamber foundations, but everything suggests that they are -- the position between the Himmelfahrtstrasse, the crematorium and the remains of the barracks of the Sonderkommando -- the mostly-Jewish prisoners responsible for removing the bodies -- as well as a water hole. Last Wednesday, experts from Auschwitz visited the site. "They immediately said, 'That's it'," says Haimi.

A map of the Sobibór death camp created by the archeologists
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
An aerial view of the site of the gas chambers
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
An Open Field of Bodies

A few dozen steps away from the excavations, the archeologists kneels down to the ground and lifts small white fragments filled with holes. "These are all bone fragments -- there was a crematorium here," he says. "When they are entirely white, it shows the fire was especially hot." Even today, Sobibór remains an open field of bodies.

Next year, construction is slated to begin here on a new, €7 million memorial surrounding the foundations. After an extended tug of war, the governments of Poland, the Netherlands and Germany will be providing financing. Under Germany's previous government, there had been a debate about whether to participate, but Chancellor Angela Merkel's new administration recently gave the green light -- and none too soon. Last year, a statement made by a senior official in the German Foreign Ministry underscored just how little is known about Sobibór, despite the scale of war crimes committed here. The official said that no Germans had been among the prisoners at the death camp, but in truth several thousand German Jews were murdered there.

I eagerly await a new pdf from this group with specified diagrams showing where the Jews were forced in and where the motor was supposed to stand instead of relying on a lousy 30 second video. Did you hear that? They found the remnants of a wall of a room where the engine was allegedly housed? Oh really?! :roll:

Werd
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Werd » 6 years 2 months ago (Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:18 pm)

http://www.spiegel.de/international/eur ... 93928.html

Interview with a Sobibór Survivor: 'The Best Moment of My Life'

Interview Conducted By Claus Hecking

In an interview, 84 year old Sobibór survivor Philip Bialowitz discusses the importance of the recent discovery of the death camp's gas chambers and his risky escape from the Nazis in 1943.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Of the between 170,000 and 250,000 Jews sent to Sobibór, not even 50 survived. How did you manage it?

Bialowitz: My older brother Simcha saved me. When we arrived at the camp, an SS man called out asking if there was anyone with a profession. My brother immediately stepped forward and said he was a pharmacist and that I was his assistant. My seven-year-old niece hugged me one more time and then Simcha and I were separated from the group. The others were killed.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: You were used as a so-called "working Jew". That meant doing things like shaving off the hair of the doomed before they were sent to the gas chambers. What did you see there?

Bialowitz: One time, when a large train from the Netherlands arrived in Sobibór, an SS officer gave them a welcome speech. He apologized to the Dutch for the inconvenience in travel and said they would now be relocated. He told them to write a postcard for their loved ones back home to assure them everyone was OK. Some clapped their hands and shouted: "Bravo". After the postcards were completed, the Germans told them: Now you have to take a shower and be disinfected. A guard collected watches and jewelry and gave them fake receipts for their later pick-up. Then the unwitting people were sent down the Himmelsfahrtstrasse, the "Road to Heaven"…

SPIEGEL ONLINE: … which led directly to the gas chambers. As a slave laborer, did you suspect that they also planned to kill you sooner or later?

Bialowitz: We all knew that. You could smell the smoke (from the crematoriums). But we defended ourselves. My brother and I were in the group of conspiracy, 40 people who prepared the revolt at Sobibór in 1943. Russian prisoners of war showed us how to fight. We had no idea. One of our leaders said that if one of us survived, he must tell the world about this place and what was happening here. I promised that to him. When everything started (on Oct. 14, 1943), I was the messenger. I went to the SS people and told them that we had boots and leather coats for them to try on. They came and we killed 11 of them with axes and knives. Our next step was to cut the electricity supply and the phone lines. I then climbed over the barbed wire and started running -- straight in the direction of Germans' living areas.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Why that?

Bialowitz: Because I imagined they wouldn't have laid any mines there. And that proved to be right. I escaped.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: What happened then?

Bialowitz: We ran into a group of Polish partisans. But when they found out we were Jews, they were not so nice anymore. I escaped again. In the end, a Polish farmer called Mazurek hid my brother and me in his farm until the Red Army came.

Interesting that Claus from Spiegel jumped in and said gas chambers before Bialowitz could. I suspect Bailowitz would have said that anyway. We have seen a lot of intersting photos of alleged gas chamber remnants in the past week, but has anyone seen any photos of this so called road to heaven? Recall this from 2012. He found the location of the poles that held up the fences apparently.

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jew ... s-1.459803
Israeli archaeologist digs into Sobibor death camp in search of Nazi killing machines
Yoram Haimi's biggest breakthrough yet: mapping of what the Germans called the Himmelfahrsstrasse, or the 'Road to Heaven,' a path upon which the inmates were marched naked into the gas chambers.
By The Associated Press | Aug. 21, 2012 | 10:55 PM
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Haimi's basic method is similar to what he does at home, where he does digs for Israel's antiquities authority in the south of the country - cutting out squares of land and sifting the earth through a filter. Because of the difficult conditions at Sobibor and the sensitive nature of the effort, he is also relying on more non-invasive, high-tech aids such as ground-penetrating radar and global positioning satellite imaging.

Based on debris collected and patterns in the soil, he has been able to figure out where the Nazis placed poles to hold up the camp's barbed wire fences.

That led him to his major breakthrough - the mapping of what the Germans called the Himmelfahrsstrasse, or the "Road to Heaven," a path upon which the inmates were marched naked into the gas chambers. He determined its route by the poles that marked the path. From that, he determined where the gas chambers would have been located.

He also discovered that another encampment was not located where originally thought and uncovered an internal train route within Sobibor. He dug up mounds of bullets at killing sites, utensils from where he believes the camp kitchen was located and a swastika insignia of a Nazi officer.

This does seem to be a marvelous coincidence. I hope in the next while - if it hasn't already - more details will be publicized about how and why he claims poles were set up where they were to hold up fences? Witness testimonies and alleged confirmation of them? The 2012 find of the path has also been discussed here.
EtienneSC @ Sobibor ~ archaeological work finds new info.
Haimi's most important discovery, however, has led to a better understanding of the entire Sobibor site. Based on debris collected and patterns in the soil, he has also been able to figure out where the Nazis placed poles to hold up the camp’s barbed wire fences. That, in turn, led him to his major breakthrough - the mapping of what the Germans called the Himmelfahrsstrasse [sic], or the “Road to Heaven,” a path upon which the prisoners were marched naked into the gas chambers. He determined its route by the poles that marked the path. From that, he determined where the gas chambers would have been located."
(My bold letters.) Source:
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... bibor.html

If his most important discovery at the site are poles, that suggests to me that he too hasn't found much in the way of mass graves or human remains. However, the article does state that some teeth and ash have been found. This is consistent with Mattogno's book on Sobibor (2010). Haimi has written the following article on excavations up to 2012:
http://sobibor.info.pl/wp-content/uploa ... -Haimi.pdf
At no point does he refer to any discovery of significance to revisionism. Perhaps he has published something lese?

The following inconclusive exchange is also relevant:
My email to archeological 'expert' Yoram Haimi

I started thinking about this 'road to heaven' sign.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/brmill10/po ... bibor.html
Sobibor was divided up into three camps. In Camp I the Jews worked and slept. Camp II consisted of wooden barracks in which stores of clothes, linens, shoes, and household goods stolen from the Jews were sorted for shipment back to Germany. A sign reading “Road to Heaven” was placed at the beginning of a long fenced in path. This path led to Camp III, which was where the Jew were exterminated. The gas chambers were in a wooden house containing three stone rooms approximately ten square feet in size. Each of these chambers could hold 80-100 persons. Later, the Nazis doubled the number of gas chambers to six. In a single gassing, between 500-600 Jews could be exterminated. There was a 100 person Jewish clean-up crew to remove the bodies from the gas chambers. Camp III had the aid of a high powered generator which enabled the Nazis to exterminate the Jews throughout the night. In the camps beginning, mass graves were dug to conceal Sobibor’s victims. By 1942, the Nazis worried that some of the bodies might resurface. In the death camps, there could be no witnesses to what was occurring. All of the victims had to disappear so as Sobibor would remain a secret to the world. The Nazis had all the bodies dug up and burned. This began the use of a crematorium.

Yoram Haimi claimed to have found things in the soil indicating poles were once stuck there. And according to this artistic representation of what they have excavated so far, it seems he has found the entire path.
So he found the path, removed the asphalt with the rabbi's permission and finds these strange buildings, or rather remnants. Arcaheology that apparently matches witness testimony is hard to discount in their eyes. Fine. It's a good principle. But why the change in the story? Notice the above quote also says the gas chambers were different than what the arcaheologists are now saying. I don't recall anything from any witness testimony about the gas chambers hiding in a wooden structure. Many so called eyewitnesses claim the SS men were in top of the gas chambers looking down peering through a window in the gas chambers to see if the people inside had died yet. How can they do that with a wooden strcuture covering the whole gas chamber apparatus? I think the witnesses who claimed such (quoted earlier in this topic) are liars.

Werd
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Werd » 6 years 2 months ago (Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:01 pm)

The final paragraph of the pdf in that post above I quoted of EtienneSC
We have not
yet completed the goals of the 2012 excavation and it is
necessary to continue the excavation of Camp III. With regard to the
intention of the Steering Committee to mark the mass graves in the site, the
situation of the mass graves, Graves 1 and 2, remains
unclear. At present it
appears that these graves are located outside the perimeters of the double
fence surrounding the camp uncovered in the 2011 excavations. We wish to
carry out an investigation in this area in order to determine whether or not
they ar
e indeed mass graves. In order to investigate this area, we have
obtained the permission of the Chief Rabbi of Poland, Rabbi Michael
Schudrich, who has agreed to provide inspection and guidance in this
sensitive part of the site.

Whatever you choose to publish, or if you do not publish, we revisionists will be watching your results. If you fail to disclose, it proves you have no proof in the way of mass graves or human remains in the hundreds of thousands. We are still apparently waiting for scientific analysis of Kola's core samples proving human ash was detected in a lab afterwards. If the rabbi orders you to stop digging too early, we will notice and it will prove the revisionists correct. Think carefully Yoram Haimi. Do you want to adhere to a stupid religion whose rules about exhuming human bodies are apparently suspended all the time thus being hollow and hypocritical, or are you going to truly be a man of science and dig as deep and as much as you possibly can? I mean, you want to shut the revisionists up and make them the shame of the academic and internet world, right?

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 6 years 2 months ago (Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:34 am)

I found five reference to crematorium on this page. I thought that all the AR camps were alleged to have disposed of the bodies by burial, disinterment and burning on pyres.

EtienneSC
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby EtienneSC » 6 years 2 months ago (Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:03 am)

You might be interested in this response by French revisionist scholar Vincent Reynouard to the 2014 archaeological dig at Sobibor:

The main points made are that the 2014 reports detract from the credit initially given to the 2001 discoveries; there is no proof that the buildings are homicidal gas chambers rather than shower rooms as the gas allegedly used (carbon monoxide) leaves no chemical traces; and contemporary documents (shown on screen) refer to the camp as a Durchgangslager (transit camp). There are several uses of this term in documents classed as secret. Hence he describes the debate on Sobibor between exterminationists and revisionists as a "no scoring draw".

Vincent also speaks of a forthcoming trial in France on three of his previous videos and the possible outcomes. As usual, there may be geographical restrictions and other attempts at censorship in relation to the above video.

hermod
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby hermod » 6 years 2 months ago (Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:44 am)

EtienneSC wrote:there is no proof that the buildings are homicidal gas chambers rather than shower rooms as the gas allegedly used (carbon monoxide) leaves no chemical traces;

That's not true. The lethal gas was indeed carbon monoxide. But the murder weapon allegedly used in those rooms was engine exhaust, i.e. a mixture of numerous gases and particulate matters, not carbon monoxide alone. This is a crucial difference, because some of the gases and particulate matters in engine exhaust should have left detectable traces there if fumes from a tank engine had been pumped into airtight rooms during several months. It doesn't matter if carbon monoxide left no chemical traces. Other components of engine exhaust did. And if no traces of the use of engine exhaust are found in those ruins, that means that nobody was gassed there. No indirect chemical traces (i.e. traces left by exhaust molecules other than CO), no gassings at Sobibor. For instance, if a scientist finds an increasing level of atmospheric oxygen in old ice samples, one can conclude that there was a high photosynthetic activity at that time even if no paleobotanist has yet found fossils of plants from that era. And if a zoologist is looking for a specific animal at some place and sees no specimen of that species, he can conclude that the animal he's looking for is there even if he sees only feces defecated by that animal in that area.
"But, however the world pretends to divide itself, there are ony two divisions in the world to-day - human beings and Germans. – Rudyard Kipling, The Morning Post (London), June 22, 1915

EtienneSC
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby EtienneSC » 6 years 2 months ago (Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:58 pm)

hermod wrote: That's not true. The lethal gas was indeed carbon monoxide. But the murder weapon allegedly used in those rooms was engine exhaust, i.e. a mixture of numerous gases and particulate matters, not carbon monoxide alone. This is a crucial difference, because some of the gases and particulate matters in engine exhaust should have left detectable traces there if fumes from a tank engine had been pumped into airtight rooms during several months. [.....]
Diesel is basically hydrocarbon strings that combine with oxygen. Perhaps there are other trace elements too in it. I'm not an expert on chemistry, but complex carbon compounds are not necessarily stable over time. Perhaps such gases would combine with some of the chemicals in brick or tiles, or particles penetrate or adhere to them. You would also have to factor in that simple forms of carbon can have many sources. Do you have any specific idea of compounds that might indicate the presence of diesel exhaust and which persist over a 72 year period?

The room would not be entirely airtight if there was an outlet pipe, hence there would not necessarily be air pressure assisting penetration of the supposed tiles.

Werd
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Werd » 6 years 2 months ago (Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:37 pm)

A couple more photos courtesty of Reuters.

http://newsdaily.com/2014/09/18/archaeo ... eath-camp/

As you can see from the second photo, drag your cursor to the top left corner to scan the different embedded photos.

Recall from Der Speigel...

"Freshly uncovered foundations and remains of the walls can be seen in a clearing, the suspected remnants of four gas chambers. Each measures five by seven meters (16 feet by 23 feet) and served as death cells for 70 to 100 people at a time.

Maybe I'm not good with eyesight or spacial relations, or maybe the camera angle is deceptive, but why in the second picture does it look like there are more than four rooms since there are in fact several rows of bricks? Is the red really less than five meters and the green really less than seven meters?

How does one determine the five meters by seven meters in this photo?

Can this be of any help?
http://www.spiegel.de/video/sobibor-arc ... 24019.html

I am not saying they have any reason to lie when they say five by seven meters. I just want to see what they see and know why they say those numbers.

hermod
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby hermod » 6 years 2 months ago (Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:26 pm)

EtienneSC wrote:
hermod wrote: That's not true. The lethal gas was indeed carbon monoxide. But the murder weapon allegedly used in those rooms was engine exhaust, i.e. a mixture of numerous gases and particulate matters, not carbon monoxide alone. This is a crucial difference, because some of the gases and particulate matters in engine exhaust should have left detectable traces there if fumes from a tank engine had been pumped into airtight rooms during several months. [.....]
Diesel is basically hydrocarbon strings that combine with oxygen. Perhaps there are other trace elements too in it. I'm not an expert on chemistry, but complex carbon compounds are not necessarily stable over time. Perhaps such gases would combine with some of the chemicals in brick or tiles, or particles penetrate or adhere to them. You would also have to factor in that simple forms of carbon can have many sources. Do you have any specific idea of compounds that might indicate the presence of diesel exhaust and which persist over a 72 year period?

The room would not be entirely airtight if there was an outlet pipe, hence there would not necessarily be air pressure assisting penetration of the supposed tiles.

I've posted a few articles on the impact of petrol pollutants on different types of building materials earlier in this thread ("Gas chamber" discovered at Sobibor). The main chemical effects caused by petrol fumes on building materials are sulfate attack (gypsum) and carbonation of concrete, as well as particulate matters embedding ("black crust"). With old engines like the ones of Soviet tanks (paraffine candles are enough to cover a wall surface with soot), one can also think about a lawyer of soot on the surface, and as far as I know, you need a detergent to wash soot. I doubt that rain water could wash a big layer of soot even in 7 decades.

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-r ... -ceilings/

http://www.housecleaningcentral.com/en/ ... brick.html

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 9514000126
"But, however the world pretends to divide itself, there are ony two divisions in the world to-day - human beings and Germans. – Rudyard Kipling, The Morning Post (London), June 22, 1915

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”