There's no precise way to determine how many Jews were in Europe, and then, how many were actually under German administration.
Some points to consider:
- a good link to explore: http://www.codoh.com/found/fndstats.html
- vast numbers of Polish Jews were moved to in interior of the communist USSR...typically they are said to have killed by the Germans, not true according to the Encyclopaedia Judaica:
"The Jews were deported by the Germans to the area under Soviet control on the other side of the San River".
Therefore by 1941 the majority of former Polish Jews were living in what became Soviet Ukraine. David Bergelson, wrote in the Moscow Yiddish paper Ainikeit December 5, 1942, that:
"Thanks to the evacuation, the majority (80%) of the Jews in the Ukraine, White Russia, Lithuania and Latvia before the arrival of the Germans were rescued."
In other words the majority of Polish Jews were evacuated to the Soviet interior in 1941. After the war many settled in the Soviet Union, many flooded into DP camps in Germany. From there most went to Palestine (often forced to by Zionists), and many went to the US and other places where Jews are.
- in Butz's book ('Hoax of the 20th Century') reproduces part of a communication sent by Monsignor Di Meglio, a staff member of the Papal Nuncio in Berlin, to the Vatican, dated December 1942. In part it reads:
Since many fled, before the arrival of the German troops, from the Polish territories occupied by the Russians and from territories properly Russian, one estimates that presently, in the Reich and the occupied territories, including the Protectorate of Bohemia-Moravia, there are more than four million Jews, ie. one fourth of the entire world Jewish population.
As Butz remarks 'It is clear that he had no information on the existence of an extermination program even remotely resembling the one that was then taking shape in Allied propaganda and was being related to the Vatican by various Allied diplomats and Jewish organisations.'
- a common tactic is for the holocaust Industry to refer to the alleged numbers of Jews in Europe as indicated in the alleged notes of the Wannsee Conference. These number are so off base that even prominient Jews have dismissed them. (according to Yehuda Bauer there were only 9 million Jews in ALL of Europe...A HISTORY OF THE HOLOCAUST by Yehuda Bauer. New York: Franklin Watts, 1982, 398pp, $15.95, ISBN 0-531-098621)
Wannsee indicates 11,000,000 Jews in Europe (ex.: 700,000 in France...which is patently absurd), therefore leading some to the conclusion that the minutes of that Wannsee meeting were tampered with.
- noted British journalist Douglas Reed estimated that the number of the victims of the so called 'holocaust' did not exceed 300,000 or 400,000 -- the range of natural growth of the Jewish population over a period of seven or eight years. He revealed that the number of Jews in the world after the war of 1939-1945 was the same as it had been before the war
Swiss Revisionist Jurgen Graf makes this comparison, rather like:
'Before the Algerian uprising against the French, there were ca. 1,000,000 Frenchmen in Algeria, when the dust settled there were mere thousands. Does that mean they were murdered?'
Statistical population data depends somewhat on ‘when’ before WW II. There is census data for the different areas available for 1933 and before. Of interest to Revisionists is the Jewish population at the beginning of the war in 1939, and finally how many Jews lived in German occupied areas in the beginning of the occupation in 1941.
There were huge emmigrations of Jewish people from European countries mainly to the Americas and Palestine between 1933 and 1941.
Further large population shifts occurred between 1939 and 1941 from Eastern European countries, especially from Eastern Poland, to the Soviet Union. Staticians talk about 2 Million Jews here.
Jewish population data before WW II can be found in:
‘Die europäischen Juden’ (The European Jews) (German) by Sanning
and in ‘Der Korherr-Bericht’ (lange Fassung) (The Korherr-Report,long version).
http://www.ns-archiv.de/verfolgung/korh ... lang.shtml
‘Jewish population losses in the German sphere of influence during the World War II’ by Jürgen Graf:
....according to Sanning there were no more than 3,5 million Jews in the German sphere of influence at the time of its biggest territorial extension.