'Russia & Israel Partners Against Holocaust Denial’

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
phdnm
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby phdnm » 4 years 3 weeks ago (Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:13 am)

“Russia and Israel are partners in the struggle against the falsification and revision of the history of World War II. Together, we are partners in the struggle against Holocaust denial because any attempt to deny the Holocaust is a crime.”

A crime!

What crime?

Is this a crime?

Revisionism is not an ideology but a method inspired by the search for exactitude in matters of history. Circumstances have seen to it that revisionism is also the great intellectual adventure of the present time.

http://robertfaurisson.blogspot.be/2006 ... onism.html

Russia and Israel are partners in the struggle against revisionist history, Russian officials said.

February 4th, 2016

Russia and Israel are partners in the struggle against Holocaust denial, says Valentina Matviyenko, head of the Federation Council of Russia.

Matviyenko attended a memorial ceremony in Netanya on Wednesday together with a number of regional council members and members of Knesset at the National Monument Commemorating the Victory of the Red Army Over Nazi Germany.

“The Netanya monument is a symbol of a shared memory and symbolizes the brotherhood of nations,” Matviyenko said, referring to Russian-Israeli partnership and friendship.

She also mentioned the current challenge faced by both Israel and Russia in fighting against false narratives of World War II and the Holocaust.

“Russia and Israel are partners in the struggle against the falsification and revision of the history of World War II. Together, we are partners in the struggle against Holocaust denial because any attempt to deny the Holocaust is a crime.”

Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein also spoke at the ceremony and expressed his gratitude on behalf of Israel for the Soviet victory over Nazi Germany.

“This is an expression of our profound gratitude to the Red Army,” said Edelstein. “This impressive monument has also been central in allowing us to salute and remember the past. It has allowed us to build the present and the future here in Israel.”

Edelstein expressed his desire for the Russian-Israeli relationship to continue advancing and growing. “I hope that we succeed in tightening the cooperation between Israel and Russia, and the Chairman of the Federation’s visit expresses this important task,” added Edelstein.

The National Monument Commemorating the Victory of the Red Army Over Nazi Germany was inaugurated in June, 2012 at a ceremony attended by Israeli President Shimon Peres and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breakin ... 016/02/04/

Back to 2012:

Putin, Peres Unveil WW2 Memorial in Netanya: Russia, Israel Honour Red Army for Ending Holocaust

Putin, Peres unveil Netanya memorial honoring Red Army

06/26/2012

President thanks visiting Russian counterpart for courage of soldiers facing Nazi Germany; Putin thanks Israel over honor.
President Shimon Peres

The tragedies and triumphs of the Soviet experience during World War II were remembered at the unveiling of a monument dedicated to the Red Army in Netanya on Monday.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, who began a tour of the country on Monday, and President Shimon Peres both attended the ceremony. They spoke of the crucial part the USSR played in defeating Nazi Germany.

“This is an opportunity to thank the Red Army,” said Peres. “Had it not defeated the Nazi beast then it is doubtful we would be standing here today. In World War II the Soviet Union prevented the world from surrendering.”

Putin, who spoke after Peres, expressed his gratitude to the president for his speech.

“What I just heard has warmed my feelings toward the Jewish people and especially toward Israel,” he said.

“I am thankful for everything that has been done to commemorate those who died during World War II.”

Putin said the Holocaust was one of the “darkest episodes of history” and that Russia “put an end to it” by saving “the world.”

Earlier, Peres said he was certain Russia would not stand idly by in the face of threats from Iran and Syria, given its role in vanquishing threats to world peace such as the Nazis.

Putin made no reference to either country in his remarks.

The event was attended by several hundred people including about a dozen Red Army veterans. Zavei Kleiner, 91, a former Soviet sapper who said he fought in both Leningrad and Stalingrad, said he was proud of the sacrifices his generation had made fighting Nazism. The bemedalled resident of Bat Yam, who moved to Israel after the disintegration of the Soviet Union, was accompanied by his family.

“I have children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren,” he said.

The Victory Monument, as it is officially called, was a joint initiative of Israel and Russia implemented by a committee with members from both countries. It has two parts The first is a tunnellike passage made of black concrete symbolizing the hardships and sacrifices of the war. It leads to the second part, an open space overlooking the sea where two giants wings made of white marble have been erected.

More than half a million Jews fought in the Red Army in WWII against the Nazis; 120,000 were killed.

The idea for a monument to commemorate them originated two years ago when Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu proposed it to Putin during a visit to Moscow.

http://www.jpost.com/Diplomacy-and-Poli ... g-Red-Army

torus

Re: 'Russia & Israel Partners Against Holocaust Denial’

Postby torus » 4 years 3 weeks ago (Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:36 am)

PutIn is of course being heralded by some as a Christian saviour of Europe. He's friends with Kissinger too. Is this a case of "keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" ? I doubt it.
Hey Vlad, I wonder if some of the butchers of Katyn are getting sloshed on a state pension.
Be a man Vlad!! To this day not a single communist torturer, commandant, executioner, or functionary, has ever been placed on trial. Sure, they might be old men. But mother Russia ain't no country for old communist men, right Vlad? Or is my talk of Stalinist/Communist atrocities itself a form of "holocaust denial" by way of omission?
Round 'em up you comic "christian" cowboy.
You're "former" KGB right Vlad?

diaz52
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: 'Russia & Israel Partners Against Holocaust Denial’

Postby diaz52 » 4 years 2 weeks ago (Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:06 pm)

torus wrote:PutIn is of course being heralded by some as a Christian saviour of Europe. He's friends with Kissinger too. Is this a case of "keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" ? I doubt it.
Hey Vlad, I wonder if some of the butchers of Katyn are getting sloshed on a state pension.
Be a man Vlad!! To this day not a single communist torturer, commandant, executioner, or functionary, has ever been placed on trial. Sure, they might be old men. But mother Russia ain't no country for old communist men, right Vlad? Or is my talk of Stalinist/Communist atrocities itself a form of "holocaust denial" by way of omission?
Round 'em up you comic "christian" cowboy.
You're "former" KGB right Vlad?

I thought Brandon Martinez's thoughts on Putin were right on. Brandon can be heard on a recent edition of Tim Kelly's 'Our Interesting Times' podcast:

Brandon Martinez on Putin Worship, Anti-White Bias and Cultural Marxism
http://tkelly6785757.podomatic.com/entry/2016-02-03T19_04_21-08_00

Brandon is a writer and journalist from Canada who specializes in foreign policy issues. And he's the author of the books "Grand Deceptions" and "Hidden History". I found his comments on Putin were very well informed.

Tim's podcast by the way is excellent and very thought provoking, covering a host of issues from history, current events, revisionism and false flags, etc. Check it out:

http://tkelly6785757.podomatic.com/
-You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
-The establishment can't control the web, and the control of information through all means but one, is no control at all.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”