Who are the Missing Million of the Holocaust? (BBC Article)

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
User avatar
Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:12 pm
Location: USA

Who are the Missing Million of the Holocaust? (BBC Article)

Postby Sannhet » 2 years 7 months ago (Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:30 pm)

I have two purposes with this thread:

(1) For as long as I've been following the Holocaust and aware of 'Revisionism', which is since the early 2000s, I have seen the Holocaust consistently pop up as 'headline news,' it seems several times a month (if not per week, sometimes), very consistently. This is true in the USA, and Western Europe. I don't know about elsewhere.

I find today from the BBC a good representative case. (Excerpt below).

(2) This article asserts that there is now an authoritative list of 4.7 million names of Holocaust Victims. This is the "Yad Vashem Database," which has been discussed before here on CODOH Forum. This is a bold claim, and may seem convincing to the average person, but is typical Holocaust sleight-of-hand.

The Holocaust: Who are the missing million?
By Raffi Berg / BBC News, Jerusalem
24 April 2017

[An opening anecdote, which ends with "And he was gassed the next day," omitted]

Six million Jews were murdered by the Nazis and their accomplices during World War Two. In many cases entire towns' Jewish populations were wiped out, with no survivors to bear witness - part of the Nazis' plan for the total annihilation of European Jewry.

Since 1954, Israel's Holocaust memorial, Yad Vashem ("A Memorial and a Name"), has been working to recover the names of all the victims, and to date has managed to identify some 4.7 million.

"Every name is very important to us," says Dr Alexander Avram, director of Yad Vashem's Hall of Names and the Central Database of Shoah [Holocaust] Victims' Names. "Every new name we can add to our database is a victory against the Nazis, against the intent of the Nazis to wipe out the Jewish people. Every new name is a small victory against oblivion."

I'd like to call attention to this thread at CODOH Forum: Yad Vashem "Database" a proven fraud.

I think this little anecdote from that thread is worth repeating:

borjastick wrote:
My mother in law's sister married a jew from berlin. He and his family were reasonably well off and applied for the right to leave Germany in about 1938. They were allowed to leave and cleared off to England. He was about 8 at the time. They all lived in London thereafter until he left for Canada with his new bride in the late fifties. He once told me he had checked with the authorities about his family left in Berlin. What he found really shocked him, though he chuckled as he told me in the pub in about the year 2002. He found that he and his entire family were listed as dead holocaust victims, and I mean including all those who were with him and living in England!

There are a lot of problems with the Yad Vashem database. I don't know if a full, systematic analysis of the Yad Vashem database has ever been done, though. It would be a good topic for a serious revisionist researcher.

User avatar
Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:12 pm
Location: USA

Re: Who are the Missing Million of the Holocaust? (BBC Article)

Postby Sannhet » 2 years 7 months ago (Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:41 pm)

More thoughts on this being 'headline news':

(1) There is not actually any "news" in the article, that I can tell. Why was the article written? Who asked for it?

(2) Some would say that such soft-news, "human interest stories" are acceptable in the media. I will put aside other objections to that. But there remains this: Why no stories on Stalin's gulag victims,* or on the Ukraine starvation, on the moral imperative to remember Stalinist terror and so on. I don't recall ever seeing a similar article from Western 'mainstream' media about even Stalin's victims (a rather easy target), off-hand. By this I mean a sympathetic, in-depth treatment of the issue. I am sure there have been such articles, but they are not shoved to the forefront. I cannot recall ever reading one. (This despite the rise in a new rivalry with Russia that some of the media loves to talk about.)





* -- To say nothing of German and other civilian victims during the chaotic 1940s! There once was a land called East Prussia... (Some victims are more worth remembering than others.)

Hieldner
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:21 am

Re: Who are the Missing Million of the Holocaust? (BBC Article)

Postby Hieldner » 2 years 7 months ago (Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:04 pm)

Sannhet wrote:(1) There is not actually any "news" in the article, that I can tell. Why was the article written? Who asked for it?


Well, “holocaust victims” from Libya certainly are news to me.
holocaust_victims-4-2.jpg
holocaust_victims-4-2.jpg (46.18 KiB) Viewed 2490 times

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cps ... ms-4-2.png

Sannhet wrote:I'd like to call attention to this thread at CODOH Forum: Yad Vashem "Database" a proven fraud.


Note that since Carlo Mattogno’s article, which is translated in the first post of that thread, has appeared online, the status
murdered / perished
of the database victims mentioned therein was changed to
murdered
without further proof and without any documentation, as can be seen in this new translation http://www.inconvenienthistory.com/9/1/4219.
»[Holocaust soap] odor, if captured and retained… would preserve the core of an individual soul… The undesirable smell of the extract spoke of the spectral Derridian trace… that continued to remind its consumers of their own bio-ontology.«—B. Shallcross

User avatar
TimeTraveler
Member
Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:48 pm
Location: Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: Who are the Missing Million of the Holocaust? (BBC Article)

Postby TimeTraveler » 2 years 7 months ago (Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:38 pm)

I've noticed that the BBC and the Daily Mail publishes more articles about the "holocaust" then almost any other news sources. Look at all the recent "holocaust" shows that has been released over the past few years. They have been mainly coming from the BBC. Out of every genocide throughout history why is it that the supposed Jewish "holocaust" gets the most coverage in the media. We never hear about the genocides committed by Communism because just like what Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn said:" It cannot be understated. Bolshevism was the greatest human slaughter of all time. The fact that most of the world is ignorant of this reality is proof that the global media itself is in the hands of the perpetrators.” 

User avatar
Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:12 pm
Location: USA

Re: Who are the Missing Million of the Holocaust? (BBC Article)

Postby Sannhet » 2 years 7 months ago (Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:39 pm)

Hieldner wrote:Well, “holocaust victims” from Libya certainly are news to me.

I had never heard of it either. I find a a Wikipedia article (written unsourced by somebody in 2013, with sources shoehorned on later by others) (partly sourced from Yad Vashem), which explains:

Italian Libya had two large Jewish communities, one in the western district of Tripolitania, and mainly in its capital Tripoli, and the other in the eastern district of Barka (Cyrenaica) and its capital Benghazi. During the Holocaust hundreds of Jews died of starvation.[4][5] With approximately 40,000 Jews living in Libya before the war, as a result of the later Jewish exodus from Arab and Muslim countries, there are few to no Jews left in the country today.
Does starvation during the shock of a major war (Montgomery vs. Rommel in the Desert) constitute a 'holocaust' much less inclusion in the capital-H Holocaust? Is it just because they were Jews?

User avatar
Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:12 pm
Location: USA

Re: Who are the Missing Million of the Holocaust? (BBC Article)

Postby Sannhet » 2 years 7 months ago (Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:45 pm)

TimeTraveler wrote:I've noticed that the BBC and the Daily Mail publishes more articles about the "holocaust"

I wonder if anyone has data on this, if any systematic revisionist work has been done. What is the rate of Holocaust articles in media source 1 vs. media source 2? What is the the ratio of Holocaust stories to all atrocity stories involving non-Jews? (of the latter, what percentage make a comparison, explicitly or implicitly, to the Jewish Holocaust?)

User avatar
Spruce Campbell
Member
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: Who are the Missing Million of the Holocaust? (BBC Article)

Postby Spruce Campbell » 2 years 7 months ago (Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:59 pm)

I'm from Germany - the leading online medium "Spiegel Online" (of printed weekly magazine DER SPIEGEL) has the as I call it "Daily Hitler".
You cannot open the page without seeing at least one piece about Nazi Germany or at least something bad Germans did in any past.
For anyone not familiar with German media: the SPIEGEL was called "The Assault Gun of Democracy"...

Spect3r
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:34 pm

Re: Who are the Missing Million of the Holocaust? (BBC Article)

Postby Spect3r » 2 years 7 months ago (Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:34 pm)

It is all over mass media.
As an example, there is a series called "Silicon Valley"(as you can judge by the name is about startups and tech) where there is a Nazi/Holocaust reference at least once or twice per season (10-13 episodes/season).
I just love the smell of Zyklon B in the morning, afternoon, late afternoon, evening and night, for it means that I’m nicely deloused 8)

User avatar
Spruce Campbell
Member
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: Who are the Missing Million of the Holocaust? (BBC Article)

Postby Spruce Campbell » 2 years 7 months ago (Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:47 am)

Spect3r wrote:It is all over mass media.
As an example, there is a series called "Silicon Valley"(as you can judge by the name is about startups and tech) where there is a Nazi/Holocaust reference at least once or twice per season (10-13 episodes/season).


I must admit, I liked that series very much... and didn't notice the holocaust references. I'm pretty sensitive normally.
Mike Judge is one of the few intelligent filmmakers, let's not judge [:-)] him because his writers slip in some reference.

What's more annoying: whenever a German character appears, he's most likely the traitor, the villain or an asshole . You would have thought that after decades this would have improved, but I get the impression that it's getting worse.
If anyone knows a movie or series with a positive depiction of a German - please tell me.

Spect3r
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:34 pm

Re: Who are the Missing Million of the Holocaust? (BBC Article)

Postby Spect3r » 2 years 7 months ago (Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:14 am)

Spruce Campbell wrote:
Spect3r wrote:It is all over mass media.
As an example, there is a series called "Silicon Valley"(as you can judge by the name is about startups and tech) where there is a Nazi/Holocaust reference at least once or twice per season (10-13 episodes/season).


I must admit, I liked that series very much... and didn't notice the holocaust references. I'm pretty sensitive normally.
Mike Judge is one of the few intelligent filmmakers, let's not judge [:-)] him because his writers slip in some reference.


Monica talking with Richard:
-I would say i was just doing my job but thats the excuse the Nazis used so i dont know how effective that is.

Dinesh and Gilfoyl talking with Jared
- Did you just said "Work will set you free"?
- Yes, triumph of the will.
- Thats the most cheerful person i ever saw quoting Hitler

There is then a reference to Hitler playing some instrument, multiple "nazi of this" lines as in the "Tab vs Spaces" episode when Richard and that girls he is dating are in the restaurant, and i am sure there are a couple others i cant recall now.

(New season started last sunday btw :cheers: i love the series as well)
I just love the smell of Zyklon B in the morning, afternoon, late afternoon, evening and night, for it means that I’m nicely deloused 8)

User avatar
Spruce Campbell
Member
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: Who are the Missing Million of the Holocaust? (BBC Article)

Postby Spruce Campbell » 2 years 7 months ago (Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:21 am)

Spect3r wrote:Monica talking with Richard:
-I would say i was just doing my job but thats the excuse the Nazis used so i dont know how effective that is.

Dinesh and Gilfoyl talking with Jared
- Did you just said "Work will set you free"?
- Yes, triumph of the will.
- Thats the most cheerful person i ever saw quoting Hitler

There is then a reference to Hitler playing some instrument, multiple "nazi of this" lines as in the "Tab vs Spaces" episode when Richard and that girls he is dating are in the restaurant, and i am sure there are a couple others i cant recall now.
(New season started last sunday btw :cheers: i love the series as well)


Now I remember. I considered it quite tame compared to other productions though...

Spect3r
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:34 pm

Re: Who are the Missing Million of the Holocaust? (BBC Article)

Postby Spect3r » 2 years 7 months ago (Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:39 am)

Spruce Campbell wrote:
Spect3r wrote:Monica talking with Richard:
-I would say i was just doing my job but thats the excuse the Nazis used so i dont know how effective that is.

Dinesh and Gilfoyl talking with Jared
- Did you just said "Work will set you free"?
- Yes, triumph of the will.
- Thats the most cheerful person i ever saw quoting Hitler

There is then a reference to Hitler playing some instrument, multiple "nazi of this" lines as in the "Tab vs Spaces" episode when Richard and that girls he is dating are in the restaurant, and i am sure there are a couple others i cant recall now.
(New season started last sunday btw :cheers: i love the series as well)


Now I remember. I considered it quite tame compared to other productions though...


Granted they are not the worst but they sound (at least to me) very forced into the text specially considering every other reference or joke in the show revolves around tech/geeky stuff (with the exception of the particular kinks of each character.).
I just love the smell of Zyklon B in the morning, afternoon, late afternoon, evening and night, for it means that I’m nicely deloused 8)


Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dresden and 2 guests