Sylvia Stolz Charged Again with Holocaust Blasphemy and Libel Against her Accuser (May 2017)

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Sylvia Stolz Charged Again with Holocaust Blasphemy and Libel Against her Accuser (May 2017)

Postby Sannhet » 2 years 5 months ago (Mon May 22, 2017 11:17 am)

February 2015 to October 2016 (?) : Sent to prison again, 20 months, in Feb. 2015, for a speech allegedly denying the Holocaust given in Switzerland. Her denouncer was a Daniel Kettiger, a lawyer from Bern. The address was, ironically, at a November 2012 conference on freedom of speech; she was discussing her ordeal defending Zundel, etc., not the Holocaust itself. CODOH Forum thread on her 2015 legal trouble on this matter here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9307. I am not sure when she was released, but her scheduled release would've been Oct. 2016.

= 59 months of the past 112 months (52% of time since Jan. 2008), in prison, for Holocaust Blasphemy.

As best I can tell, and I may be wrong, the new trial (May 2017) seems to be on charges of Stolz' "libeling" Daniel Kettiger, a third-rate Holocaust Enforcer and anti-Free-Speech activist, for this video (with English subtitles):

The relevant passage:
[Video recorded and uploaded in January 2013] [Original uploading account has been banned by Youtube] [7:22] [Sylvia Stolz speaking]: It appears that Kettiger has not informed himself about the real contents and wording of my talk. He appears to consider it appropriate to fabricate a case of "Holocaust Denial" based on his OWN formulations. For years now anyone claiming that the Holocaust has not been proven in the sense of a systematic murder of Jews has been prosecuted for "Holocaust denial." Still one can hardly mean to initiate criminal proceedings against Ivo Sasek and myself and rely on phrases that derive from journalists or complaint filers. Anyone can compare the reports about my presentation the reports about my presentation with the contents and wording of the talk itself. And if, nonetheless, a criminal proceeding is opened against us, the question is bound to arise more and more in public: What's that all about? What's that all about? Why do they want to prevent any criticism about the way in which the trials against so-called Holocaust Deniers have been conducted?

News article announcing the new trial:

Holocaust Denier Sylvia Stolz to Appear Before Court
[Translated from German press]

Sylvia Stolz, the former partner of right-wing extremist and Holocaust Denier Horst Mahler, is again to answer charges of Volksverhetzung (racial agitation hate crime) and libel before the Munich Regional Court. The 53-year-old lawyer is said to have denier the Nazi regime's genocide against the Jews in a ninety minute speech in Switzerland in November 2012. When lawyer [Daniel Kettiger of Bern] reported her to the police, she recorded and uploaded a video onto the Internet. In her message she accused the lawyer of denouncing her falsely (despite knowing better). Stolz has been convicted of Volksverhetzung before and has lost her right to practice as an attorney. The trial will last two days.
22. May 2017 München (dpa/lby) - Sylvia Stolz, die ehemalige Lebensgefährtin des Rechtsextremisten und Holocaust-Leugners Horst Mahler, muss sich von heute an erneut wegen Volksverhetzung und Verleumdung vor dem Landgericht München II verantworten. Die 53 Jahre alte Juristin soll im November 2012 in einem 90-minütigen Vortrag in der Schweiz den vom Nazi-Regime begangenen Völkermord an den Juden geleugnet haben. Als ein Rechtsanwalt [Daniel Kettiger aus Bern] Anzeige gegen sie erstattete, zeichnete sie ein Video auf und stellte es ins Internet. In ihrer Botschaft soll sie dem Anwalt unterstellen, sie wider besseren Wissens angezeigt zu haben. Stolz wurde bereits früher wegen Volksverhetzung verurteilt und verlor auch ihre Zulassung als Rechtsanwältin. Der Prozess ist auf zwei Tage angesetzt. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11150

Comment 1:
This is very tame stuff, as was her Switzerland speech. They want absolute silence, and even one word, any word, is subject to prosecution if they want it. I would also suggest that the political context of this latest trial is one in which the CDU government is seeking to undermine the AfD, by trotting out more 'Holocaust Deniers' and 'neo-Nazis' for high-profile trials, to scare off the AfD voters and not allow it to get past the 5% 'Hurdle' in the September 2017 Bundestag elections, now less than four months away. A proliferation of other 'Nazi' scare stories seems also ongoing.

Comment 2:
What a system, in which you can convicted of thought crime, then re-tried for comments you make in your own defense during the first trial. I suppose she can be tried again circa 2020 for comments she will make this time...

Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Sylvia Stolz Charged Again with Holocaust Blasphemy and Libel Against her Accuser (May 2017)

Postby Sannhet » 2 years 5 months ago (Mon May 22, 2017 11:24 am)

Stolz' name means Pride in German.

CODOH-Forum user Kladderadatsch made this image (Sei Stolz, Be Proud):

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Sylvia Stolz Charged Again with Holocaust Blasphemy and Libel Against her Accuser (May 2017)

Postby Hektor » 2 years 5 months ago (Tue May 23, 2017 4:56 am)

Sannhet wrote:____________________________________________________________
...Comment 1:
This is very tame stuff, as was her Switzerland speech. They want absolute silence, and even one word, any word, is subject to prosecution if they want it. I would also suggest that the political context of this latest trial is one in which the CDU government is seeking to undermine the AfD, by trotting out more 'Holocaust Deniers' and 'neo-Nazis' for high-profile trials, to scare off the AfD voters and not allow it to get past the 5% 'Hurdle' in the September 2017 Bundestag elections, now less than four months away. A proliferation of other 'Nazi' scare stories seems also ongoing.

Comment 2:
What a system, in which you can convicted of thought crime, then re-tried for comments you make in your own defense during the first trial. I suppose she can be tried again circa 2020 for comments she will make this time...

They got a Nazi-witch-hunt going on in their army (Bundeswehr). Seems to be some kind of purge they try to achieve with this.

The AfD will get into parliament with ease. But the Nazi-hype is useful to curb their efficiency.

Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Sannhet » 2 years 5 months ago (Tue May 23, 2017 12:58 pm)

Hektor wrote:The AfD will get into parliament with ease. But the Nazi-hype is useful to curb their efficiency.

I agree. I do think, though, that the BRD ruling apparatus is shooting to get them at 4.99% or lower (and so no Bundestag seats).

In three opinion polls in the past week, the AfD averages 7.8% (Link).

In the September 2013 Bundeswahl, AfD got 4.7%, then as a kind of U.S. 'Tea Party' equivalent, anti-tax and anti-Euro dissident party. By late 2015 and 2016, -- with the Migrant Crisis and over a million Islamic refugees, mainly young men, entering Germany -- 'national conservative' elements took over the AfD and were the only voice strongly against the refugee wave; soon the party was regularly polling at 15% despite, as high as 25% in the east; despite 'Nazi' hysteria from the media.

Today's support (8%) is half of AfD's peak support (15%); the Federal Republic's ruling apparatus sees an opportunity to undermine it further; I think this explains the prosecution of Mahler, Stolz, and others for Holocaust Blasphemy, the witch hunt in the army, and more.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 2 years 5 months ago (Tue May 23, 2017 4:49 pm)

Sannhet wrote:
Hektor wrote:The AfD will get into parliament with ease. But the Nazi-hype is useful to curb their efficiency.

I agree. I do think, though, that the BRD ruling apparatus is shooting to get them at 4.99% or lower (and so no Bundestag seats).

In three opinion polls in the past week, the AfD averages 7.8% (Link).

In the September 2013 Bundeswahl, AfD got 4.7%, then as a kind of U.S. 'Tea Party' equivalent, anti-tax and anti-Euro dissident party. By late 2015 and 2016, -- with the Migrant Crisis and over a million Islamic refugees, mainly young men, entering Germany -- 'national conservative' elements took over the AfD and were the only voice strongly against the refugee wave; soon the party was regularly polling at 15% despite, as high as 25% in the east; despite 'Nazi' hysteria from the media.

Today's support (8%) is half of AfD's peak support (15%); the Federal Republic's ruling apparatus sees an opportunity to undermine it further; I think this explains the prosecution of Mahler, Stolz, and others for Holocaust Blasphemy, the witch hunt in the army, and more.

That's actually a realistic expectation: 15% - But the AfD has virtually the whole media against it and is also inhibited from public gatherings, meetings in all kinds of ways. And that may bear on election results. It's problem is the lack of civil society backing from media, academia, trade unions, churches, etc. If the playing field was even, they'd easily outperform the older parties at the ballot. But that's the reason the playing field isn't even: Preventing a takeover in Germany by people that indeed put German interest first. And it's similar in other European countries, while Germany may be an extreme example.

I got no doubts they will make it into parliament. The question is how strong. The NPD made it into several provincial parliaments, but is essentially ineffective by that. The AFD is at least performing well in Thueringen, where they frequently challenge the established leftist-cuck alliance of parties.

There was some debate on "historical memory" touching upon the Holocaust. Now I don't expect them to "deny the Holocaust", but they should insist on lifting any freedom of speech and research restrictions on the Holocaust subject. Ending the privileged status, if you want.

Breker
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Breker » 2 years 5 months ago (Tue May 23, 2017 8:26 pm)

I got no doubts they will make it into parliament. The question is how strong. The NPD made it into several provincial parliaments, but is essentially ineffective by that. The AFD is at least performing well in Thueringen, where they frequently challenge the established leftist-cuck alliance of parties.

There was some debate on "historical memory" touching upon the Holocaust. Now I don't expect them to "deny the Holocaust", but they should insist on lifting any freedom of speech and research restrictions on the Holocaust subject. Ending the privileged status, if you want.

This looks like a case of 'the camel getting his nose into the tent'.
B.
Revisionists are just the messengers, the impossibility of the "Holocaust" narrative is the message.

Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Sannhet » 2 years 5 months ago (Wed May 24, 2017 8:54 pm)

Hektor wrote:they should insist on lifting any freedom of speech and research restrictions on the Holocaust subject. Ending the privileged status

I wonder how much 'quiet' support there is for an end to Holocaust Enforcement Laws among the CDU and SPD establishment parties. I think there may be more than it seems. A marginalized, outsider opposition cannot do it on its own and will need CDU-SPD support.

Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Sannhet » 2 years 5 months ago (Wed May 24, 2017 10:01 pm)

Sannhet wrote:I wonder how much 'quiet' support there is for an end to Holocaust Enforcement Laws among the CDU and SPD establishment parties.

Thread on this matter created with my thoughts (How much support is there in Germany for abolishing "Holocaust Enforcement" laws?)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11161

I hope others can add to this.

I propose, maybe counter-intuitively, that liberation from the stranglehold on Holocaust/Nazi discourse may actually come through the SPD.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”