Newbies, what to do?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
flimflam
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Newbies, what to do?

Postby flimflam » 3 years 1 week ago (Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:00 am)

Suppose someone unfamiliar with the holohoax posts a question, like 'where did they all go?' :)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11353

What should the response be? The poster could be R. Muehlenkamp aliased, or an actual newbie, so the response has to apply to both.

We've seen just such an instance with Sweeney, and the consensus response was ... 'there are 20 vids in our library, and 40 volumes of scholarly studies, start there !' This sounds like a joke.

Since educating the uneducated is a very important function of CODOH, I think this question of newbies deserves a lot more thought, and .... dare to say, perhaps some effort.

First thought - lots of web sites have a FAQ (frequently asked questions) section, CODOH needs a FAQ.

Second thought - debating the hoax is a valuable service, but in reality it's about 20 years too late for debate, CODOH need to think about educating, and for that reason CODOH needs section that is the 'revisionist' account of WW II, along with a history of the hoax post WW II. The goals should be clarity and conciseness. Newbies need a starting point that is comprehensive and compelling.

Third thought - CODOH needs an informative website for newbies that is designed not necessarily to convince newbies, but to at least generate cognitive dissonance so that the readers will be motivated to investigate the matter for themselves.

Which reminds me of an important point. Everyone has been brainwashed for their entire lives with the hoax. Every authority figure they have ever known, their schools, universities, govt., every organization, etc. .. has supported the hoax. It is very difficult to overcome this level of indoctrination, and no amount of information presented one time is going to do it, the best I think you can hope for is to motivate the viewers to actively investigate the matter for themselves.

These two sites will give you an idea of what I mean ....
holohoax101.org
antisemitism101.com

EDIT:

Fourth thought - a list of 5 videos to get the newbie started,
Cole's video
Questioning the Holocaust
The Last Days of the Big Lie
Introduction to the Holohoax
Denierbud's One Third of the Holocaust

Elroy
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Newbies, what to do?

Postby Elroy » 3 years 1 week ago (Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:07 am)

Whole heartedly agree!!

I have to digress "just slightly" in that CODOH needs to maintain it's political neutrality "just so" that it enables assault on the holocaust myth/lie/device/religion itself at the aside of other issues which are interconnected.

That being said, it's difficult to seperate the two when considering an overarching discussion. Because the very question of "why" brings that into it.

I can well see the admin and moderators concern with why that should not be implemented, but I agree it leads to the inescapable problem of dealing with those who come face to face with something that flips everything they thought they knew on its head.

Tough problem, I think CODOH needs a "political forum"???

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 3 years 1 week ago (Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:00 am)

Some interesting thoughts so here are a few of mine on the subject.

A few years ago there was a thread here all about how we all came to find out the holohoax myth. The thread was entitled something like 'what made you question the holocaust?' or 'how did you come to doubt the holocaust?'. The point being that it was a very very interesting thread with lots of content ideal for newbies to get stuck into key stepping stones on the essential information journey. Maybe the mods can bring this back to page one.

On the issue of politicising this place, whilst I agree there is always a contemporary question and link to how the hoax impacts on today's world and why israel gets a free genocide card because of it, I don't agree that we should have a political section or angle here. The holocaust and the truth about it is for many of us here a matter of historical exactitude. The truth about the holocaust is absolutely paramount. People will inevitably draw political and social conclusions from where they sit on the truth of it, but for us to go full on would make us even more of a target.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Elroy
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Elroy » 3 years 1 week ago (Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:30 am)

Yeah Borjastik is right. It has to be free of political entanglements, that is what will bring the site down. That actually does need to be considered another site altogether.

The reason for other readers if not already clear is that whatever reflection is presented by such political direction- the holocaust lie itself needs to be able to be addressed without such political direction.

That still leaves the question difficult when someone asks "why".

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 3 years 1 week ago (Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:52 pm)

Sure, flimflam, but how much have you donated to CODOH to help out with all this?'

Suggestions are the easy part.

BTW, you asked about a WWII Forum: "CODOH needs a section that is the 'revisionist' account of WW II"
How about looking at what's right in front of you:

'WWII Europe / Atlantic Theater Revisionist Forum'
http://forum.codoh.com/viewforum.php?f=20
and:
'WWII Asia / Pacific Theater Revisionist Forum':
http://forum.codoh.com/viewforum.php?f=26

No offense. :)

- Hannover

tax exempt cash taken in by USHMM
$151,826,695.00
https://www.ushmm.org/m/pdfs/042717-IRS ... 0-FY16.pdf
US Taxpayers money to to USHMM:
source: https://www.ushmm.org/m/pdfs/20160209-f ... equest.pdf
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Lothario

Postby Lothario » 3 years 1 week ago (Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:04 pm)

flimflam wrote:First thought - lots of web sites have a FAQ (frequently asked questions) section, CODOH needs a FAQ.

Germar Rudolf has a very good FAQ on his site (http://germarrudolf.com/germars-views/a ... visionism/) that could be used (with permission of course) or be the blueprint for a new FAQ.

His website has much more information that's ideal for beginners. That's why I mostly refer to his site when discussing the 'holocaust' online, for example to this list of false claims (http://germarrudolf.com/germars-views/f ... visionism/). Another reason I like to refer to it is because Rudolf is such a decent man and he doesn't express controversial political opinions. He approaches the 'holocaust' as a pure scientific matter, which it is. Anyone who wants to start a site educating newbies should have a look around there.
They are afraid of words and thoughts; words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home — all the more powerful because forbidden — terrify them ... They make frantic efforts to bar our thoughts and words; they are afraid of the workings of the human mind

Metal Murphy

Postby Metal Murphy » 3 years 1 week ago (Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:03 pm)

I read Rudolf's FAQ when I first got into this, it was invaluable.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 3 years 1 week ago (Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:20 pm)

Metal Murphy wrote:I read Rudolf's FAQ when I first got into this, it was invaluable.

Yes. It was only after reading this FAQ that I realised that "Deniers" did not deny the persecution and the camps, and that those constantly shown photos of Belsen and Dachau has nothing to do with the Holocaust. It's a great start for any interested enquirer.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”