Mattogno on the Einsatzgruppen - Discussion suggestions

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
EtienneSC
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Mattogno on the Einsatzgruppen - Discussion suggestions

Postby EtienneSC » 9 months 1 week ago (Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:00 pm)

It was suggested recently that we start a separate thread on Carlo Mattogno's book The Einsatzgruppen in the Occupied Eastern Territories—Genesis, Missions and Actions (2018), translated from the Italian:
https://holocausthandbooks.com/index.php?page_id=39
To my mind, there may need to be separate threads on each chapter if we are to have a focused discussion. This is the first major revisionist work on the subject and, to judge by its opening, it is rich in content. The book is in two parts and the detailed structure is as follows:

PART ONE: THE EINSATZGRUPPEN
Introduction
Chapters
One The Einsatzgruppen: Structure, Mission and Reports
Two The Einsatzgruppen and the Order to Exterminate the European Jews
Three Jews in Incident Reports and Reports from the Occupied Eastern Territories
Four The Jäger Report and the Executions at Kaunas and Riga
Five The Death Toll
Six The Gas Vans

PART TWO: AKTION 1005
Chapters
One Mass Graves
Two "Aktion 2005"
Three Sonderkommando 1005 in Galicia
Four Sonderkommando 1005 at Babi Yar
Five Sonderkommando 1005 A Other Activities
Six Sonderkommando 1005 B and Center
Seven Aktion 1005 in the Baltic Countries
Eight Shootings, Gassings, Exhumations and Soviet Investigations: Other Significant Examples
Conclusion
Appendices (including a bibliography)

Some of this material has been discussed before - the "gas vans" in relation to Chelmno for example and there is some material on the Einsatzgruppen on CODOH:
https://codoh.com/library/categories/965/
I have come across at least one non-revisionist book that focused on the American post-war trial. Ronald Headland's Messages of Murder (1992) seems to be commonly cited. There is an anti-denial account of some of the issues here:
https://www.hdot.org/debunking-denial/ezg3-authenticity-reports/

The Introductions

The book has two introductions, a general one by Germar Rudolf and a more book-specific one by Mattogno.

Germar's introduction contains very general material about historical relations between Russians and Jews, the Jewish involvement with communism and contemporary German attitudes. This has all been discussed elsewhere.

He also gives a description of the translation and publication of the book. He says that there was a decision to address only some of the Holocaust Controversy bloggers' criticisms of the Italian version, as to address them fully would lead to unnecessary delays in making the main contents available in English. It is hoped to produce a German edition with the original wording of German documents around 2019. This is discussed in the following thread:
https://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12075

I will deal with Mattogno's introduction in a separate post . Please feel free to comment.

Re: Mattogno on the Einsatzgruppen - Discussion suggestions

Postby Moderator » 9 months 1 week ago (Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:09 pm)

Good points, EtienneSC.

Due to the length and numerous sub-topics within this book, I ask that everyone post comments on a chapter by chapter basis as mentioned by Etienne.
Anyone starting a thread should specify within the title of the thread exactly what they are discussing from the book, and from what chapter.
This approach will make it easier for our readers to follow and debate, which serves the interest of accurate history and free speech.

Thanks, M1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

JLAD Prove Me Wrong
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby JLAD Prove Me Wrong » 9 months 1 week ago (Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:30 pm)

EtienneSC wrote:To my mind, there may need to be separate threads on each chapter if we are to have a focused discussion. This is the first major revisionist work on the subject and, to judge by its opening, it is rich in content. The book is in two parts and the detailed structure is as follows:

Holocaust Controversies recently wrote an article in response to this new piece of literature. What if we create separate threads in regard to their claims?
If your beliefs cannot stand up to your own sincere scrutiny and skeptical evaluation, they are not worth having.

https://freespeechmonika.wordpress.com/ ... t-details/

Postby Moderator » 9 months 1 week ago (Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:41 am)

JLAD:
OK, but state which chapter each relate to in the title of the thread.
M1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”