Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
The Tesch trial was a British military tribunal held in March 1946 in Hamburg, Germany. The main supplier of Zyclon-B, Tesch & Stabenow (a pest control company) was involved in this. The main defendant was Bruno Tesch, the co-inventor of Zyclon-B and owner of the company. His two co-defendants were Karl Weinbacher (the firm's general representative) and Joachim Drosihn (gassing technician). Charles Bendel and Perry Broad were called as witnesses. Jewish 'Eyewitness' Ada Bimko also testified in writing (she was not called in person) that she had seen equipment at Auschwitz to apply the gas from steel cylinders and conducted through pipes. Tesch and Weinbacher were sentenced to death, whereas Drosihn was acquitted.
Here is a PDF of the trial transcript: http://web.archive.org/web/201907160023 ... _Tesch.pdf
And text form: https://archive.is/vvq6K
David Irving has a summary here:
Summary of Transcript and other Records of the Tesch Trial
http://web.archive.org/web/201509240722 ... yklonb.htm or https://archive.fo/6xw04
Some revisionist articles on the topic:
Aspects of the Tesch Trial
Zyklon B, Auschwitz, and the Trial of Dr. Bruno Tesch
-- Herbert Spencer
A violent typhus epidemic erupted in the summer of 1942 and the whole lice infested camps - barracks, offices, and workshops - had to fumigated with tons of Zyklon-B
Later that year Schacter developed primitive gas chambers in block 26 ... to fumigate prisoners clothing ..... Degesch engineers ... recommended the installation of many small heatable gas chambers to be used with tins of Zyklon-B
Nineteen fumigation rooms were installed in the prisoner reception building to fumigate clothing, as shown in the drawing :
Short description of Höss testimony from Wikipedia :
Hoess converted Auschwitz into an extermination camp and installed gas chambers and crematoria. ... Rudolf Hoess found that gassing by carbon monoxide, the recommended method, was inefficient and introduced the cyanide gas Zyklon B.
From Tesch trial:
pp.167--179 Emil Sehm, Tesch accountant May 1942 to July 1943. had read in 1942 a file in Tesch's safe marked Wehrmacht (not marked secret), a travel report, Reisebericht. Herr -- "told me [Tesch] that the shooting of Jews is growing more and more frequent and the burial of the great number is proving to me more and more unhygienic., To change this it is proposed that the extermination of the Jews should be done now through the effects of the prussic acid." And: "I, Dr Tesch, proposed to use prussic acid just as it is used for the extermination of vermin, to use it for the above-mentioned purpose
I am working on a short summary of this trial based on the articles I provided and some additional reading from mainstream sources. I should post it tomorrow.
-- Herbert Spencer
- Dr. Bruno Tesch claimed during interrogation (on 26 September 1945) "I do not feel guilty," that he had first learned of homicidal gassings from the press, and that he did not believe Zyclon-B was ever used for mass murder.
- The trial concluded that 4 - 4.5 million people were murdered with Zyclon-B at Auschwitz, and that that Dr. Tesch and Weinbacher had recommended its use for homicidal purposes
- The most incriminating testimony was by Tesch accountant Emil Sehm, who claimed to have read a 'Travel report' in Tesch's safe that Zyclon-B should be used to kill Jews because mass shootings are too "unhygenic." Sehm allegedly wrote notes on this document, but then burned the notes. Sehm called Dr. Tesch an "unscrupulous" business man who "would be prepared to walk over dead bodies". Dr. Tesch claimed the travel report "does not exist" and further denied Sehm's story, arguing that Sehm had a grudge against him over wage disagreements and being fired from the firm.
- Exterminationist Jean-Claude Pressac criticized the trial on pg 17 of his book 'Auschwitz: Technique and Operations of the Gas Chambers' stating: "In 1946, simple malicious gossip could easily lead to someone being hung. I do not know whether the 'trip report' was produced before the Tribunal, but if it was not then, this trial was a masquerade." (Source: https://archive.is/peWnO#selection-271.661-271.864)
- The claim that gassing with Zyclon-B is more "hygenic" than bullets makes no sense. Additionally, Sehm claimed the gassing was to be done overnight in the barracks while Jews were asleep, in contrast with the "around-the-clock constant gassings" claimed by other 'eyewitness' testimony.
- One of the primary arguments for the prosecution was that there was excessive Zyclon-B supplied to Auschwitz, more than what would be needed for only delousing purposes. Dr. Tesch rejected this argument claiming "even a bigger amount could have been used." Weinbacher, Drosihn, Professor Karl Schwartz and others also disagreed with the "excessive Zyclon-B" argument.
- Their "excessive Zyclon-B supply" argument is further discredited by exterminationist Jean-Claude Pressac's statement in page 15 of his book: "During the trials that were held after the war, the tons of Zyklon-B ordered by the camps were attributed to homicidal use without any verification. By far the greater part (over 95 percent) was destined for delousing (effects and buildings) while only a very small part (less than 5 percent) had been used for homicidal gassings." (Source: https://archive.is/InPCM#selection-333.685-333.1017)
- Jewish 'eyewitness' Ada Bimko testified in writing that gas was applied from steel cylinders and conducted through pipes, in contrast to the "official" narrative which claims Zyclon-B granules were dropped down metal mesh containers known as "Kula Columns" (See more info on 'Kula Columns' here: viewtopic.php?t=10949)
- The interrogation transcripts for Drosihn and Weinbacher have multiple versions in both English and German: an original transcript and a doctored version with some embarrasing passages removed. The censored/doctored versions were still signed and certified as accurate transcripts. There is no full original German transcript of Dr. Tesch's interrogation.
- Bernhard Frahm testified that he was told that the firm "delivered gas and also gas stoves with which human beings were killed." However, there is no such thing as a 'gas stove'.
- Jewish "eyewitness" Dr. Charles Bendel claimed that 1 or 2 thousand people were packed into a 10x4 meter area, and that young children were tossed above the adult's heads when the chamber was packed full. When asked how so many people can fit in such a small space, he said: "It can only be done by the German technique." Dr. Tesch pointed out during the trial that if humans were packed as tightly into a room as claimed by Dr. Bendel, they would suffocate, rendering the use of poison gas excessive. (More on Bendel: search.php?keywords=bendel)
- Perry Broad was an English-speaking Brazilian citizen who served as an SS volunteer. He had every reason to collaborate with the Allies as he could have been (1) tried for treason [Brazil declared war on Germany on 22 August 1942] or (2) sent to a Soviet labor camp like many other SS officers at Auschwitz. Because of his testimony, it was ordered that he was to be given "as good treatment as is possible" at the prison while awaiting the Tesch trial. (See more about Perry Broad here: viewtopic.php?t=12603)
-- Herbert Spencer
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests