Consolidating resources - before it's too late

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
stinky
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Consolidating resources - before it's too late

Postby stinky » 8 months 1 week ago (Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:25 pm)

As a recently posted on another topic, revisionism has lost some giants in a very short space of time.
Zundel, Faurisson, Smith & most recently Berg.

Without trying to sound callous or presumptuous, particularly with FPB's most recent passing, is anyone here aware of any sort of outreach / measures being undertaken in obtaining the works / resources of those that have passed & preserving them? By CODOH for instance?
Is this something that should be looked at?

As well as generating/contributing original research/media/books, Zundel, Faurisson, Bradley & Berg would have accumulated a vast array of rare/ hard to find books & other resources.

Of course, it's not for me to say/decide what people should plan to do when considering their mortality.
And the now deceased (Zundel et al) would/may have nominated very good custodians to bequest their materials.

I read somewhere that the treacherous Stein/Cole obtained all of David McCalden's resources/books (personal correspondence) after his passing in 1990. Convenient.

It seems to me that CODOH would/may make a good depository/archive (at least in a virtual sense) for this material to be consolidated (physically stored?).
Think what Ron Unz is doing at the Unz Review with digitising rare books - but perhaps also (storage) in a physical sense.
I understand that CODOH may not have the resources at its disposal to accommodate this. I'm trying to be realistic.

I remember reading a comment to a YouTube video on the 'Hidden Truths' channel (Hidden Truths was nuked some months ago) where someone made comments about having a good deal of Zundel's material that he wanted to contribute to the channel. 'Hidden Truths' uploaded many Zundel 'Another Voice of Freedom' episodes. Incredible stuff!

It would be a real shame if such resources weren't preserved.
I would be interested to know what others think
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled

Spect3r
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Consolidating resources - before it's too late

Postby Spect3r » 8 months 1 week ago (Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:45 am)

This is indeed a good idea/plan.
I do not have the technical capacity nor the time or knowledge to help but i wouldnt mind donating some € for it to happen
I just love the smell of Zyklon B in the morning, afternoon, late afternoon, evening and night, for it means that I’m nicely deloused 8)

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 8 months 1 week ago (Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:55 am)

FPB has his own website, and I suppose that people from RODOH would be ensuring that it stays alive. Someone could maybe mirror it, and I think at RODOH they are doing something like that, but FBP has published a handful of articles that are very good. Not to mention his posts on forums. Check out his website and you'll see, it's enormous and mostly just update after update, pushing the original content down.

Also, Faurisson and Zuendel had websites.

And CODOH has a library with work from all of these people:

https://codoh.com/library/

If there's anything important missing, you could host it somewhere and maybe make a thread about it.
"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principal is contempt prior to investigation."
-- Herbert Spencer

Callahan
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Callahan » 8 months 1 week ago (Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:29 pm)

Given that revisionist material in general has been disappearing (along with other truth-oriented material), I am always recommending that people download and become comfortable using the [free] software, here:

https://www.httrack.com/

It allows you to download and store entire websites, includes images by default, but with options to include other files as well (e.g. *.mp4). You can backup entire forums, the entire Holocaust Handbooks website, VHO, IHR, etc.

There are also ways to download Youtube/Vimeo/Bitchute videos with other software, or with certain websites. Save/backup everything as often as possible. One of my biggest regrets is not backing up a blog called "The Ugly Truth" which was hosted on Wordpress before they pulled the plug on 'hate speech'.

If all else fails, much can still be recovered on archiving sites such as "The Wayback Machine" on archive.org, but who knows how long that will stay as functional as it is. I'd recommend saving any important sites from there as well, as you find them. :idea:

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 8 months 1 week ago (Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:08 pm)

A suggestion for backing up blogs:

use: archive.today (or archive.is or archive.fo etc)

for archive.org - simply type: http://web.archive.org/save/https://forum.codoh.com (replacing the underlined part with your link. or merely go to: http://web.archive.org/save/ and add the link

I think the web archives will stay functional forever. Please don't jinx it, Callahan :(
"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principal is contempt prior to investigation."
-- Herbert Spencer

stinky
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby stinky » 8 months 1 week ago (Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:08 am)

Thanks for the tips Callahan & Lamprecht for the digital archiving tools.
I am a retard in this department.

But what of the physical resources that these men would have had - rare books, correspondence, journals etc?
I understand Zundel had a vast amount of material, and would be surprised that the others I mentioned at the top didn't also have a considerable amount of accumulated material.
For example, things like Pressac's book, which I understand is quite rare.
I hope it all went to a good home.
Consolidating such material, and having it available to members of this forum and others would be a good idea?

Callahan
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Callahan » 5 months 3 weeks ago (Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:31 pm)

stinky wrote:But what of the physical resources that these men would have had - rare books, correspondence, journals etc?

I don't worry so much about physical material, which is in immediate control of whoever owns it. Digital media is in control of anyone who can access it or moderate it digitally, which is why it is so often under attack.

:computer:

ARCHIVING DIGITAL MEDIA RESOURCES

For those who have not yet started their own personal digital archiving effort, here are some highly valuable tools and corresponding instructions:

HTTrack Website Copier

To backup locally any and all websites for which there is any worry they may one day be censored/shut down, HTTrack is the greatest tool I have found (free and relatively easy-to-use) which serves this purpose:

https://www.httrack.com/

It lets you download and store an entire website to your own hard drive with ease, while retaining the same structure between links and pages within that site.

Some quick instructions/tips to using HTTrack (once already installed):

1. Open the HTTrack application, then click Next.
2. Name the project (for the website to be copied, e.g. "CODOH") and the project category (e.g. "Revisionism"). Take note of or modify the Base Path where the website will be saved on your hard drive. Then click Next.
3. Click "Add URL" to add the URL of the website you would like to be copied (e.g. "https://www.codoh.com/" or "https://forum.codoh.com/), then click OK.
- For complex websites (I think this would include .php sites, or similar), you may need to use the "Capture URL" function. I have not yet had to use this but information is available on the HTTrack help forums and discussions online.
- For websites that require login, enter login and password as well.
4. Click "Set options..." to adjust some important settings. Click OK when done.
- If you run into trouble downloading a certain website, trying different "Browser Identity" and "HTML footing" selections on the "Browser ID" tab is often helpful.
- Another very important setting is on the "Scan Rules" tab. Here is where you can tell HTTrack exactly which file types that you want to include in the downloads for any particular website. For example, it does not include *.mp4 (video) files by default. But if I wanted to download the entire HolocaustHandbooks site AND include all of the *.mp4 video files, I would need to add "+*.mp4" to the text box on this tab. Another important one to include might be +*.pdf to include all PDF files. Otherwise, HTTrack includes only text and images by default.
5. Click Next and then Finish to begin the download. It will usually take at least a couple hours or more for most websites (be sure to have plenty of free space on your drive).

To browse the website on your local hard drive, find the "index.html" file stored in the directory where you saved the website.

And another:

Youtube-DL

Another important tool for archiving Revisionist research and other related material is a command-line program called Youtube-DL. This allows you to download and archive an entire YouTube channel to your own hard drive.

I will explain here how to install and use it in Windows (also available in Linux).

First, download the Windows executable file by clicking the "Windows exe" link near the top of the page, here:

https://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html

To run it, you will likely also need Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86), available here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downloa ... px?id=5555

Once you have downloaded the youtube-dl.exe file for Windows (and installed the required Visual C++ package), follow these instructions to run the program and download an entire YT channel:

1. As youtube-dl is a command-line program, it will need to be opened from Command prompt in Windows. Go to Start --> Run (or just click the search prompt on your taskbar) and type "cmd" (without quotes) then press Enter. The command prompt should appear showing a default location (usually C:\Users\[username]\>).
2. You now need to direct your Command prompt to the folder where youtube-dl.exe is stored. You can do this by using the "cd" command. For example, if you have youtube-dl.exe stored on your Desktop, you will type "cd C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\" (without quotes) then press Enter. This should change the Command prompt to the Desktop directory.
3. Now that we are in the correct directory, we may command youtube-dl to download a particular YT channel. I have found the following command works best when attempting to download all videos on that channel in the highest quality available (most often as .mp4). Type the following into the command line and press Enter:

Code: Select all

youtube-dl -f best -citw -v https://www.youtube.com/channel/XXXXXXXX

To download all videos from a particular YT user (and not just a single channel of theirs), use the following:

Code: Select all

youtube-dl -f best -citw -v https://www.youtube.com/user/XXXXXXXX

Of course, "XXXXXXXXX" should be replaced to reflect the YouTube directory for the user/channel you aim to download.

All of the videos will be saved to the same directory where the youtube-dl.exe file is located. Thus, if you don't want your desktop to be cluttered with tons of new video files, it may be best to save the youtube-dl.exe file to a separate folder (and adjust the command line settings accordingly).

I have found these tools tremendously helpful when archiving research pertaining to Revisionism and Jewish power, generally. As sites like YT and others ramp up censorship, it is of the utmost importance to archive as much research as possible, as often as possible.

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 5 months 3 weeks ago (Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:26 am)

Staying out of the Memory Hole 2020

With the awareness that revisionists may be entering a period of increased persecution, the Board of Trustees announces a program to preserve and archive revisionist research and educational productions. Currently much of the last 50 years of revisionist research and educational material is stored in “the Cloud,” i.e. private servers. Trusting the Cloud to preserve anything contrary to the politically correct governmental narrative is risky. As we have seen, entire collections of videos and ebooks can be wiped out by Cloud administrators with a single censorious click... and just for violating “community standards.” Fortunately, vast files can now be easily preserved on personal computers with expanded memory capacity. Right now, the transfer would be easy although time-consuming. The expense of this project would be approximately $7,500, and there is already a pledge of $1,000. It may be the most important project CODOH ever undertakes. Please help. You can donate online by visiting the “Staying out of the Memory Hole 2020” entry on our crowd-funding website, or by sending in a $US check or money order, made out to CODOH, to:

CODOH
PO Box 20774
York, PA 17402
USA.

For more options on how to contribute, go to CODOH’s donation page.
-- Herbert Spencer

stinky
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby stinky » 5 months 3 weeks ago (Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:19 am)

Thanks Lamprecht,

I did start this particular topic & your comment prompted me to put my money where my mouth is.
However, I experienced some problems;
I tried to donate at the direct link to "Staying Out of The Memory Hole 2020" here;
https://codoh.com/donate/#project-34
[img]
Screen%20Shot%202020-01-15%20at%209.35.43%20PM.png
[/img]
When I completed the fields, it would not let me proceed and there was no provision to fill in my name.
Refer to the screen shot below.

So then I went to donate to CODOH's general website donation link here;
https://simplecheckout.authorize.net/pa ... yment.aspx
But when I selected a $ amount and clicked 'continue' the following error message came up.

"The following errors have occurred."
"(13) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive."

Perhaps someone could assist?
Maybe a simple silly error at my end?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 9.35.43 PM.png

Zulu
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Zulu » 5 months 3 weeks ago (Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:29 am)

stinky wrote:Thanks Lamprecht,

I did start this particular topic & your comment prompted me to put my money where my mouth is.
I tried to donate at the direct link to "Staying Out of The Memory Hole 2020" here;
[img]Screen%20Shot%202020-01-15%20at%209.35.43%20PM.png[/img]

I have faced the same problem with my card. No way to pay. Ii is possible to make it by Paypal using the contact form first.

Callahan
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Callahan » 5 months 2 weeks ago (Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:34 am)

stinky wrote:Thanks Lamprecht,

[img]Screen%20Shot%202020-01-15%20at%209.35.43%20PM.png[/img]

Has this issue been resolved? Seems like a much-needed fix...

Webmaster
Administration
Administration

Postby Webmaster » 5 months 2 weeks ago (Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:23 am)

The donation feature is currently being worked on.

Have you tried going to the "Donate to CODOH" section here, and using the method "1. Make a credit card payment"?

Method #2 (Bitcoin) and #4 (sending cash, check, money order via mail) should work as well.

Webmaster

stinky
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby stinky » 5 months 2 weeks ago (Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:40 am)

Each of the links to donate do not work.
I'm trying to donate by CC.
I would be happy to use PayPal. I'm not writing a check & I do not do crypto currency.
Is there a link that does work?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 5.02.13 PM.png
1. Link at RHS of page does not work
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 5.02.23 PM.png
2. Link at bottom of RHS of page does not work
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 5.02.53 PM.png
3. Link on LHS of page does not work

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”