Roman Yushkov: First Russian On Trial for 'holocaust denial'

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Roman Yushkov: First Russian On Trial for 'holocaust denial'

Postby Hannover » 1 year 1 month ago (Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:09 pm)

Trump and Corbyn
And the Russian Warning Over Syria

by Israel Shamir
http://www.unz.com/ishamir/trump-and-corbyn/#comments
We see this at the end of the article:
The first ever trial of a Holocaust Denier in Russia is taking place now in Perm, the Doctor Zhivago city. Roman Yushkov, a Perm University Professor, had been sacked; his social accounts erased, his YouTube presentations removed; there is practically no publicity at all. He reposted an article expressing doubt of the amount of Jewish dead, and a local resident of Habad Chassid House reported him to authorities. There is no law forbidding H denial in Russia, but there is a law forbidding to cause interethnic wrangle. The verdict is expected on September 4. You can write to Prof Yushkov <[email protected]>

also I found:
http://mcca.ru/en/news/26
Note also that there was a case commenced in August against Perm journalist and activist Roman Yushkov according to part 1 article 282 of Criminal Code and part 1 article 354.1 of Criminal Code. The case was commenced for re-publication a link to an article in Facebook of nationalist Anton Blagin «Jews! Return the Germans money for fraud with Holocaust six millions jews!». This case has become the third case against Yushkov during the year, and in October the fourth case according to article 282 was commenced against him, and all four cases were united into one. The reason for commencing each of these cases was publication of xenophobic materials, but only in the above-mentioned case there was an anti-Semitism motive.

Things are stirring and the Usual Enemies of Free Speech are panicking.

Only lies require banning of free speech, censorship.

- Hannover

Revisionists are just the messengers, the scientific impossibility of the 'holocaust' storyline is the message.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

flimflam
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Roman Yushkov: First Russian On Trial for 'holocaust denial'

Postby flimflam » 1 year 1 month ago (Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:17 pm)

Written by Roman Kushkov in Perm ..At war with the Little Red Men: a contrarian view
ROMAN YUSHKOV 5 August 2011
Former spin-doctor and gallery owner Marat Gelman has arrived in Perm with a plan to bring "cultural revolution" to the city.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/od-russia/roman-yushkov/at-war-with-little-red-men-contrarian-view

Also see his "What I'd say to a Jury in my case, if I had not been shut up"... in Russian but you can use google translate.

https://roman-yushkov.livejournal.com/

JLAD Prove Me Wrong
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby JLAD Prove Me Wrong » 1 year 1 month ago (Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:30 pm)

Article 282 of the Criminal Code (in English and Russian) (1996, amended 2004) reads as follows.

Article 282 Criminal Code (in English and Russian) (1996, amended 2004)

[excerpt]

CRIMINAL CODE OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION

NO. 63-FZ OF JUNE 13, 1996

(lastly amended on December 28, 2004)

[...]

Article 282. Incitement of Hatred or Enmity, as Well as Abasement of Human Dignity

1. Actions aimed at the incitement of hatred or enmity, as well as abasement of dignity of a person or a group of persons on the basis of sex, race, nationality, language, origin, attitude to religion, as well as affiliation to any social group, if these acts have been committed in public or with the use of mass media,

shall be punishable by a fine in the amount of 100 to 300 minimum wages, or in the amount of the wage or salary, or any other income of the convicted person for a period of one to two years, or by deprivation of the right to hold specified offices or to engage in specified activities for a term of up to three years, or by compulsory works for a term of up to 180 hours, or by corrective works for a term of up to one year, or by deprivation of liberty for a term of up to two years.

I read an article he wrote translated as, "What I would say to a jury in my case, if I had not been shut up", and while he indeed criticizes Jews throughout the article, one would have to prove that his intention was to "incite hatred" (whatever that means). And by this definition, would it be criminal to label Palestinian refugees as terrorists? The claim that they are terrorists has definitely "incited hatred", by causing Palestinians to have their crops cut down, homes bulldozed, and tear gassed/shot while peacefully protesting by Israeli soldiers.This is not even close to the "incitement to hatred" caused by holocaust revisionism.

https://www.btselem.org/settler_violenc ... wned_trees

https://mondoweiss.net/2018/03/palestin ... zed-doing/

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/04/ ... 25104.html

Article 354.1 states

Article 354. Public Appeals to Unleash an Aggressive War
1. Public appeals to unleash an aggressive war,
Shall be punishable with a fine in an amount of up to 300 thousand roubles, or in the
amount of the wage or salary, or any other income of the convicted person for a period of up to
two years, or by deprivation of liberty for a term of up to three years

And again, revisionists do not intend to create wars. The war against us is when Western nations pass "Holocaust Denial laws". This endangers historical review and freedom of inquiry, and should not be regarded as being a valid law.

As it currently is, I don't see how Yushkov violated either of these laws. In fact, it appears as though the other side is breaking the rules that they set in place.
If your beliefs cannot stand up to your own sincere scrutiny and skeptical evaluation, they are not worth having.

https://freespeechmonika.wordpress.com/ ... t-details/

Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Sannhet » 1 year 1 month ago (Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:20 pm)

Hannover wrote:The case was commenced for re-publication a link to an article in Facebook of nationalist Anton Blagin «Jews! Return the Germans money for fraud with Holocaust six millions jews!»

Who is Anton Blagin and where can we find this essay?

Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Roman Yushkov: First Russian On Trial for 'holocaust denial': NOT GUILTY

Postby Sannhet » 1 year 1 month ago (Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:23 pm)

He was found not guilty of "Rehabilitation of Nazism" but guilty under Article 282, "Incitement of Hatred or Enmity" (5 to 3 decision).

News update after the trial, dated Sept. 5, 2018:

[Auto-Translated]

Friends! An unprecedented battle for the right of Russians not to believe in the Holocaust 6 million Jews won!

Dear friends from all over Russia, I hasten to inform you that an hour ago the jury cast a verdict by a majority of votes (5 to 3) that I was fully acquitted under Article 354.1 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation "Rehabilitation of Nazism"!

The jury recognized that I had republished the article by Anton Blagin "Jews! Return the Germans money for cheating with "Holocaust six millions jews"! " And in his comments to her denied the fact that six million Jews were killed by the Nazi government. However, as the jury found, there is no crime in this action!

So he was found not guilty of Holocaust Denial on the grounds that Holocaust Denial is not a crime in Russia, and in itself does not constitute "rehabilitation of Nazism"; Quite good news for revisionists worldwide, I'd say.

There is a nuance: at the same time, the jury recognized me also by a majority vote (again 5 against 3) guilty of humiliating human dignity on the basis of nationality (Article 282) on an additional episode in my criminal case: for publishing the post "Stop feeding strangers." [...] This means that the judge can recoup me on Monday in a sentence under Article 282 (although the jury 7 against 1 and found that I deserve her indulgence). But this is secondary.

The main thing is our common victory over the so-called "rehabilitation of Nazism"!

The deceitful and unscrupulous religion of the Holocaust has not yet passed to Russia. What is especially nice, her breakthrough failed in my native Perm! Of course, this poisonous infection will come again and again, including the Prosecutor's Office may try to cancel this jury's verdict in the appeal. And we will have to fight Jewish Nazism for our poor, long-suffering Motherland with a threefold power, as when our grandfathers fought against the German. But today we won! Thank you to everyone who fought with us in a unified system. Hooray!
Many non-Jews worldwide have befitted from the Holocaust Myth, certainly including the Soviets and Russians; I don't know Russia well enough to comment on whether it deserves to be called an "unscrupulous religion" today in Russia as it surely does in the West.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”