Republican Art Jones Files Papers for Another IL US Rep. Congressional Run

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
JLAD Prove Me Wrong
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Republican Art Jones Files Papers for Another IL US Rep. Congressional Run

Postby JLAD Prove Me Wrong » 4 days 23 hours ago (Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:54 pm)

According to https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics ... story.html

Two Republicans disavowed by the state GOP are again seeking congressional nominations as the filing period for candidates seeking a spot on the March ballot ended Monday.

Making another run in the Southwest Side and suburban 3rd Congressional District is Art Jones, a Holocaust denier from Lyons who was unopposed for the 2018 Republican nomination and won 26 percent of the general election vote against Democratic Rep. Dan Lipinski of Western Springs.

Unlike last year, however, Jones, a perennial candidate for public office, faces potential GOP primary opponents. Will County Board member Mike Fricilone of Homer Glen and Catherine O’Shea of Oak Lawn have both filed for the race.

The state party repeated its opposition to Jones on Monday.

"The Illinois Republican Party vehemently condemns Arthur Jones’ candidacy. His racism and bigotry have no place in our party or American politics. As we did in 2016 and 2018, we will oppose his candidacy in every way possible,” Tim Schneider, the state Republican chairman, said in a statement.

Instead of "Republican Art Jones" the word used is "Holocaust Denier Art Jones..."

He is very well spoken and his platform is sound enough that even some sheeple should start waking up. I hope he wins or at least gets more votes than last time. It'd be a good way to gauge things.
If your beliefs cannot stand up to your own sincere scrutiny and skeptical evaluation, they are not worth having.

https://freespeechmonika.wordpress.com/ ... t-details/

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”