I posted the 1946 article from Basler Nachricten on Reddit and it was removed for "promoting violent content"

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Yaakov117

I posted the 1946 article from Basler Nachricten on Reddit and it was removed for "promoting violent content"

Postby Yaakov117 » 5 days 20 hours ago (Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:43 pm)

Apologies if this is of no interest to anyone.

There is a forum on reddit called r/conspiracy. Holocaust questioning threads are not censored there. However, I recently copy and pasted the contents of this article, https://codoh.com/library/document/890/?lang=en , and it was removed and my account was suspended. The original post I made had 300+ upvotes, which is high enough to make it to the front page of r/conspiracy. A reddit administrator caught wind of the post and removed it. My account was also suspended for "promoting violent content". I and others have posted other links questioning the Holocaust and have not had them removed.

Here is a link to a thread detailing the removal by a reddit admin. Notice the admins who removed my thread refer to themselves as "anti-evil". https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/com ... to_remove/

Unfortunately I do not have access to the original post and comments due to my account being suspended.

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: I posted the 1946 article from Basler Nachricten on Reddit and it was removed for "promoting violent content"

Postby Lamprecht » 5 days 14 hours ago (Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:46 pm)

Yaakov117 wrote:My account was also suspended for "promoting violent content"

It may seem confusing at first, because nothing written in the article you have posted is endorsing violence.
What they're telling you is that they saw what you posted, and it made them want to commit a violent act against you. They simply can not handle opinions that differ from their own in this way.
Reddit's "AskHistorians" immediately bans any "Holocaust denial" on the spot. It's not allowed, you can't discuss it.
I never made an account on Reddit, and I doubt i will. There is some good information posted on some topics but "Holocaust denial" can be completely banned for no reason at all.

Sociology Professor Dr Robert Hepp:
"Occasional experiments that I have conducted in my seminars convince me that 'Auschwitz' [the most well known site of the Holocaust] is ethnologically speaking one of the few taboo topics that our 'taboo free society' still preserves. While they did not react at all to other stimulants, 'enlightened' central European students who refused to accept any taboos at all, would react to a confrontation with 'revisionist' [denial] texts' about the gas chambers at Auschwitz in just an 'elementary' way (including the comparable physiological symptoms) as members of primitive Polynesian tribes would react to an infringement of one of their taboos. The students were literally besides themselves and were neither prepared nor capable of soberly discussing the presented theses. For the sociologist this is a very important point because a society's taboos reveal what it holds sacred.
Taboos also reveal what the community fears. Currently fear of perceived danger takes on the form of ticks and phobias that remind us of obsessive neurotics. However, it cannot be denied that numerous taboos have a function that preserves individuals from danger, and even if taboos are a part of an individual's make-up, it is difficult to ascertain if the fear of the one rests on the power of the other, or vice versa."

"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principal is contempt prior to investigation."
-- Herbert Spencer

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”