Kate Winslet Predicted Her Oscar Victory on ‘Extras’

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Merlin300

Kate Winslet Predicted Her Oscar Victory on ‘Extras’

Postby Merlin300 » 5 days 16 hours ago (Fri May 22, 2020 11:43 pm)

Re: Kate Winslet Predicted Her Oscar Victory on ‘Extras’

Postby Moderator » 5 days 14 hours ago (Sat May 23, 2020 1:30 am)

Merlin300,
Per our guidelines, when posting links we ask that you give some comments, views, etc. about the link.
Holocaust Revisionism Forum guidelines / rules:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=358
If you post a quote or link from or to a book, a news article, magazine story, film / movie, another website, etc., you must also comment on the quote or the link content. Tell the forum what you find wrong, compelling, unique, or important about the reference content. Flippant, overly brief comments are not acceptable. We want commentary and discussion.
Thanks, we appreciate your input.
M1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Merlin300

Postby Merlin300 » 5 days 6 hours ago (Sat May 23, 2020 9:52 am)

Merlin300 wrote:

There are many organizations which claim the Holocaust is being "forgotten,"...And they want money to battle Deniers. In fact, Ms. Winslet's comments in this short video were spot on. She did a Holocaust movie and, bingo, got an Oscar.
The video underscores the remarkable prominence of the Holocaust Myth in Western Culture...a myth that is dreary, depressing, and self-hating for
western society.

Merlin300

Postby Merlin300 » 5 days 5 hours ago (Sat May 23, 2020 10:20 am)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAweiV944qI

Here Ricky Gervais comments on advice he gave Ms. Winslet regarding the advantage of doing "Holocaust" films. In this case the film was the absurd, ridiculous, slightly perverted movie, The Reader.

Least you have forgotten, THE READER opens in post-war Germany when teenager Michael Berg becomes ill and is helped home by Hanna, a stranger about twice his age. Michael recovers and seeks out Hanna to thank her. The two are drawn into a passionate but secretive affair with Berg
reading books to Hanna...sex and bathing were also involved... BUT...Hanna was really an illiterate Nazi guard at Auschwitz who liked to have young men read to her and then send the poor lads off to "the Showers." All this comes out at a trial.

The script writer was Sir David Hare, the same who later wrote another Auschwitz-trial themed flop, Denial.
The Reader was distributed by The Weinstein Company, which, before the #Metoo movement, had great influence in Hollywood, evidently enough
to get an Oscar for a dud move he distributed. ( Ms. Winslet was about the only good thing in the Reader. )

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 5 days 2 hours ago (Sat May 23, 2020 1:30 pm)

Merlin300 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAweiV944qI

Here Ricky Gervais comments on advice he gave Ms. Winslet regarding the advantage of doing "Holocaust" films. In this case the film was the absurd, ridiculous, slightly perverted movie, The Reader.

Least you have forgotten, THE READER opens in post-war Germany when teenager Michael Berg becomes ill and is helped home by Hanna, a stranger about twice his age. Michael recovers and seeks out Hanna to thank her. The two are drawn into a passionate but secretive affair with Berg
reading books to Hanna...sex and bathing were also involved... BUT...Hanna was really an illiterate Nazi guard at Auschwitz who liked to have young men read to her and then send the poor lads off to "the Showers." All this comes out at a trial.

The script writer was Sir David Hare, the same who later wrote another Auschwitz-trial themed flop, Denial.
The Reader was distributed by The Weinstein Company, which, before the #Metoo movement, had great influence in Hollywood, evidently enough
to get an Oscar for a dud move he distributed. ( Ms. Winslet was about the only good thing in the Reader. )

I completely disagree with you about this film. I have it on DVD and have watched it many times. I see it almost as a holocaust denial film because the only thing they can really hang her is the fact that she supposedly signed a confession or document which she couldn't have done due to her inability in both departments. The film has some great performances and what a laugh that Bruno Gantz plays a significant role after of course having done the best Hitler impersonation ever in Downfall.

On the subject of Ms Winslet I felt she deserved the Oscar for a couple of outstanding performances and never forget that you see her fabulous tits and snatch too. Great stuff, now where's my copy...
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 4 days 20 hours ago (Sat May 23, 2020 7:39 pm)

It's funny English humor that can be taken different ways. On one hand, If you're a holocaust denier who knows about Jewish power in Hollywood, then this passage seems shockingly transgressive. On the other hand it can be taken as a joke about the vanity of actors who, in their self-serving interest, claim to be behind "a cause." The latter interpretation is obviously how most everyone took this, which is why Winslet continued to have a career!

But as Merlin mentioned, the clip is 2005 and she did win an Oscar for a holocaust movie for The Reader (2008) with Academy Award given in 2009, so this is strangely prophetic.

And not to add complicatedness, but Winslet, in this comedy spoof from a British show "Extras" won an Emmy for it.

There may be a scenario in the future where rebelling against Hollywood Jewish power might blur with rebelling against the holocaust myth at the same time. Does this clip foreshadow this? Wouldn't that be amazing if the actors and writers arguably the lower rung (under producers, directors), in Hollywood break the holocaust myth rather than us holocaust deniers who know so much about it? What if the Weinstein thing was an analog of this possible future?

People in Hollywood may have an inside view that none of us here have. They work within Jewish power in an industry wrapped around "story." But this lower rung works within "story" and the power of "story." And how story is about craft and a composition. This background might allow them to spot "fake true stories." IE holocaust stories.

We need all the help we can get from people of diverse perspectives.

Merlin300

Postby Merlin300 » 4 days 16 hours ago (Sat May 23, 2020 11:11 pm)

borjastick wrote:
I completely disagree with you about this film. I have it on DVD and have watched it many times. I see it almost as a holocaust denial film because the only thing they can really hang her is the fact that she supposedly signed a confession or document which she couldn't have done due to her inability in both departments. The film has some great performances and what a laugh that Bruno Gantz plays a significant role after of course having done the best Hitler impersonation ever in Downfall.

On the subject of Ms Winslet I felt she deserved the Oscar for a couple of outstanding performances and never forget that you see her fabulous tits and snatch too. Great stuff, now where's my copy...

Well you are correct that Reader got lots of flack. Typical is,
This is a film whose essential metaphorical thrust is to exculpate Nazi-era Germans from knowing complicity in the Final Solution. The fact that it was recently nominated for a best picture Oscar offers stunning proof that Hollywood seems to believe that if it’s a “Holocaust film,” it must be worthy of approbation, end of story.
https://slate.com/human-interest/2009/0 ... eader.html

The best defense of Reader is that it is a morality play...Some critic wrote "The crucial decision in "The Reader" is made by a 24-year-old youth, who has information that might help a woman about to be sentenced to life in prison, but withholds it. He is ashamed to reveal his affair with this woman. By making this decision, he shifts the film's focus from the subject of German guilt about the Holocaust and turns it on the human race in general."

Since I do not like morality plays and I do not like historically ridiculous movies, I have it in for the Reader.
However, I will also concede you have a powerful point regarding the pulchritude of Ms. Winslet.

But then I think of the casting in David Hare's other Auschwitz Trial move, Denial: Rachel Weisz playing the obnoxious troll Deborah Lipstadt.
A good actress can only take a bad movie only so far.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”