Who invented the "Gas Chambers"?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Who invented the "Gas Chambers"?

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sat May 14, 2005 2:47 pm)

Most of us know that the only "chambers" invented by the Germans were the disinfestion chambers, which was used to save lives. What about the "other" chambers? What is the origin of these tales? I am speaking about the alleged "gas chambers", which they have told us so much about. Some people believe it was the Jews who invented these stories, but according to David Irving at the very first Zundel trial, the British Psychological Warfare Executive (PWE) invented those stories. He also refered to a document, or he rather quoted one such document in which was said that "We have had a good run for the money now". I don't have the full quote nor the document mentioned, does somebody else have it? I contacted Mr. Irving about it but was told to search his website, and I did, but could not locate it.

Does somebody else know anything about this, more than I do?

Faithfully,

-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sat May 14, 2005 2:49 pm)

Here is a excerpt from the Introduction to The Leuchter Report by David Irving:

Nobody likes to be swindled, still less where considerable sums of money are involved. (Since 1949 the State of Israel has received over 90 billion Deutschmarks in voluntary reparations from West Germany, essentially in atonement for the "gas chambers of Auschwitz".) And this myth will not die easily: Too many hundreds of millions of honest, intelligent people have been duped by the well-financed and brilliantly successful postwar publicity campaign which followed on from the original ingenious plan of the British Psychological Warfare Executive (PWE,) in 1942 to spread to the world the propaganda story that the Germans were using "gas chambers" to kill millions of Jews and other "undesirables".

-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sat May 14, 2005 2:52 pm)

Maybe it started out as fierce rumour spread by the British, and the Jews saw the opportunity, and jumped on the band-wagon?

-haldan
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Radar
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Radar » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sat May 14, 2005 5:23 pm)

Arthur Butz' "The Hoax of the Twentieth Century" contains an excellent discussion of the beginnings of the gas chamber stories starting at page 81. Well worth reading. Somewhat in confirmation of David Irving's pointing the finger at British intelligence sources the first "rumors" seemed to come from London.

Arthur Butz says however that the "formal birth of the 'official' thesis of exterminations via the gas chamber at Auschwitz" can be traced to the U.S. War Refugee Board report of November 1944 prepared under the direction of the German-hating Jewish Secretary of the Treasury, Henry Morgenthau, Jr.

Notably there was significant disbelief of the stories in official circles in Washington and elsewhere but the WRB report became the holy writ for the stories and played a large part in the Nuremburg fiasco.

jemand

Postby jemand » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sat May 14, 2005 5:28 pm)

Here is a newspaper article from 1916 claiming mass gassings:

http://img93.echo.cx/img93/6682/17258bu.png

Compare that to the following 1942 article in the same newspaper. The number of victims are also the same in both articles.

http://img92.echo.cx/img92/3909/17266lt.png

Source: Don Heddesheimer, The First Holocaust

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sat May 14, 2005 9:35 pm)

It's a good question, and interesting what Irving said.

I don't have the answer, but strangely, David S. Wyman's books offer some insight. He talks about how Hillel Kook (aka Peter S. Bergson) had secret zionist connections with Poland and Switzerland for funneling Jews to Israel. He'd even chartered a ship and brought 800 people to Israel. Wyman then talks about Kook's connections to Morgenthau and Kook's connections to Hollywood by way of Ben Hecht.

Wyman is a major believer, but you can read his book in a different way than he intended and get some interesting stuff.

Kook had a lot to do with the "extermination of the Jews" idea in America, but via means such as the Nazis hanging them from kitchen windows; means that would have left a lot of evidence. Maybe his group saw that they had to change their story, to work in the post war period.

kk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby kk » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sat May 14, 2005 9:39 pm)

I think the "gas chambers" rumour started among the camp inmates,
went on to the resistance underground parties, then to the british intelligence
who ignored it, on to the russian propaganda machine rejoicing at these good tidings
and right into the zionist movement that tried all the time to feed that beast.

Full circle.

It came into full power, not right after the war, but only during the '70's,
when the ADL-JPAC- JINSA apparatus was in full swing.

It's all politics , you know!....

Richard Perle
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Richard Perle » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun May 15, 2005 11:08 am)

Here are some interesting quotes from Bruno Baum, who along with Ota Krauss and Erich Schön-Kulka, Rudolf Vrba and Alfred Wetzler, Filip Müller and Stanislaw Jankowski, were:

"making propaganda."[1]

In auschwitz.

Bruno Baum even said:

"The whole propaganda which started about Auschwitz abroad was initiated by us with the help of our Polish comrades."[2]

"It is no exaggeration when I say that the majority of all Auschwitz propaganda, which was spread at that time all over the world, was written by ourselves in the camp."[3]

"We carried out this propaganda in [for] the world public until our very last day of presence in Auschwitz."[4]

British War Propaganda Chief, Sefton Delmer, said in an interview with Prof. Friedrich Grimm in 1945:

"I am of the Central Office you talked about: Atrocity propaganda -- and with it we won the total victory."[5]

Dr. Grimm said, "I know, and now you must stop it!" Delmer replied:

"No, now we shall start all the more! We shall continue this atrocity propaganda, we shall intensify it, until nobody shall accept a good word from Germans anymore, until all the sympathy you had in other countries shall be destroyed, and until the Germans themselves shall be so confused that they do not know anymore what they are doing!"[5]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1]See Bruno Baum, Widerstand in Auschwitz, Kongress-Verlag, Berlin (East) 1957, chapter "Success of Propaganda", p. 97.

[2]"Wir funken aus der Hölle", Deutsche Volkszeitung (Soviet paper in occupied Germany) July 31, 1945; see also an unpublished manuscript of Baum "Bericht über die Tätigkeit der KP im Konzentrationslager Auschwitz" (report on the activities of the communist party in the concentration camp of Auschwitz) from June 1945 in Vienna, Langbein estates in Dokumentationsarchiv des österreichischen Widerstandes, Vienna.

[3]See Bruno Baum, Widerstand in Auschwitz, Kongress-Verlag, Berlin (East) p. 34

[4]Ibid., p. 35

[5]Quoted from Udo Walendy's The Methods of Reeducation, p. 8

Info courtesy of Rudolf's Dissecting the Holocaust and the IHR.

Hotzenplotz
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Hotzenplotz » 1 decade 4 years ago (Sun May 15, 2005 11:43 am)

I've read on some revisionist site (don't remember where) that the Allies during the war dropped flyers over Auschwitz saying there were gassings going on (probably to incite an uprising).

Does anyone know whether this is true?

H/z
"Repetition reinforces the primary messages of the religion in participants’ minds."
-Michael C. Howard, Contemporary Cultural Anthropology

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Mon May 16, 2005 1:27 am)

I believe Butz in 'Hoax of the 20th Century' goes into the dropping of flyers. I'll check.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Petschau

Postby Petschau » 1 decade 4 years ago (Fri May 20, 2005 8:23 am)

RE: Flyers over Auschwitz

Allied planes dropped large numbers of leaflets, written in Polish and German, on Auschwitz and the surrounding areas which claimed that people were being gassed in the camp. The Auschwitz gassing story, which was an important part of the Allied wartime propaganda effort, was also broadcast to Europe by Allied radio stations.

Testified to at Nuremberg. See: Nuremberg document NI-11696. NMT green series, Vol. 8, p. 606.

Excerpted from Joel Hayward's Thesis
http://www.resistance.com/Hayward/hay7.html

First, the RSHA monitoring service for foreign broadcasts discovered that the BBC and other Allied radio stations were broadcasting right across Europe a number of atrocity claims. These included allegations that Jews were being exterminated in gas chambers. These broadcasts, sent regularly throughout the second half of the war, were in a number of languages, including German, Polish and Spanish. On July 2, 1944, for example, the BBC broadcast in Spanish the claim that 400,000 Jews had been deported from Hungary to Germany and killed in gas chambers.

These radio broadcasts would have been received by a number of resistance organisations in the concentration and labour camps, which, as numerous memoirs by former internees attest, had secret radio sets. Although it is difficult to gauge the influence these broadcasts had on those who received them in the camps, they doubtless contributed to the widespread belief that such atrocities were occurring.

Second, Allied airplanes dropped large numbers of leaflets, written in German and Polish, over the Auschwitz camps stating that gassings were occurring. One source worth quoting, because it describes both these pamphlet drops and the Allied radio broadcasts, is the affidavit of Charles J. Coward which was submitted to the Nuremberg Military Tribunal in 1947. Coward, a Battery Sergeant in the 8th Reserve Regimental Royal Artillery, was captured by the Germans in May 1940 and placed in a succession of different Stalag camps. In December 1943 he was transferred to Auschwitz to work at the I.G. Farben industrial complex, and was housed in camp E715. The relevant section of Coward's affidavit states:

Even while still at Auschwitz we got radio broadcasts from the outside "speaking about the gassings and burnings at Auschwitz. I recall one of those broadcasts was by Anthony Eden himself. Also, there were pamphlets dropped in Auschwitz and the surrounding territory, one of which I personally read, which related what was going on in the camp at Auschwitz... These leaflets were scattered all over the countryside..

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 4 years ago (Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:39 pm)

In the beginning of this thread I only provided a very narrow part of the quote in question, it continues like this:

"We have had a good run for our money now with this gas chamber lie, but really we gotta be a bit careful because eventually it is gonna be exposed and our entire-------will be threatened" (Victor Cavendish-Bentinck, 1944, head of the British Joint Intelligence Committee)

This quote was discovered in the British archives by somebody named Paul Norris along with many other documents which apparently states that the "gas chamber" lie was spread over the radio and newspapers in the early 1940s.

Does somebody know where the entire quote [or document(s)] may be located? I can't find this anywhere.

-haldan
Last edited by Haldan on Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 4 years ago (Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:27 pm)

"We have had a good run for our money now with this gas chamber lie, but really we gotta be a bit careful because eventually it is gonna be exposed and our entire----" Victor Cavendish-Bentinck (1944),

Hence the murder of Himmler.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 4 years ago (Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:45 pm)

Yes, you see I am trying to establish a link here, now if I only found all the references to this quote things would take shape.

-haldan
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Bergmann
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Bergmann » 1 decade 4 years ago (Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:46 pm)

Haldan wrote:Does somebody know where the entire quote may be located? I can't find this anywhere.
-haldan

If you can read German, try this one:
DAVID IRVING:
Haftbefehl in Österreich - Blumen in der "DDR"
http://www.vho.org/D/ruw/Archiv/6/2/Irving.html

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”