Germans should stop feeling Holocaust guilt: Ahmadinejad

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
friedrich braun
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby friedrich braun » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun May 28, 2006 12:46 pm)

[text added, url has been split into 3 lines to avoid page spread / Moderator1]

Asked by Der Spiegel, in its cover story entitled "The man the world is afraid of", whether he stood by his earlier view the Holocaust was a myth, Ahmadinejad said: "I only accept something as the truth if I am truly convinced of it.

"In Europe there are two opinions on it. One group of researchers who are by and large politically motivated say the Holocaust happened. There is another group of researchers who have the opposite view and are by and large in prison for that."

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsartic ... News&story
ID=2006-05-28T152033Z_01_L28632352_RTRUKOC_0_US-IRAN-AHMADINEJAD-
\HOLOCAUST.xml&pageNumber=2&imageid=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-
ArticlePage2
Sun May 28, 2006 11:20 AM ET

By Erik Kirschbaum

BERLIN (Reuters) - Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told Germans they should no longer allow themselves to be held prisoner by a sense of guilt over the Holocaust and reiterated doubts that the Holocaust even happened.

In an interview with Germany's Der Spiegel magazine, Ahmadinejad said he doubted Germans were allowed to write "the truth" about the Holocaust and said he was still considering traveling to Germany for the World Cup soccer tournament.

"I believe the German people are prisoners of the Holocaust. More than 60 million were killed in World War Two ... The question is: Why is it that only Jews are at the center of attention?," he said in the interview published on Sunday.

"How long is this going to go on?" he added. "How long will the German people be held hostage to the Zionists?... Why should you feel obligated to the Zionists? You've paid reparations for 60 years and will have to pay for another 100 years."

German Chancellor Angela Merkel and other leaders have said his previous remarks questioning whether the Holocaust happened were unacceptable. Denying the Holocaust is a serious crime in Germany punishable with a prison term of up to five years.

Six million Jews were killed by the Nazis and their allies in concentration camps.

In the rare interview with Western media, Ahmadinejad said if the Holocaust really happened Jews should be moved from Israel back to Europe.

"We say if the Holocaust happened, then the Europeans must accept the consequences and the price should not be paid by Palestine. If it did not happen, then the Jews must return to where they came from."

WORLD CUP

He said he was still considering going to Germany to support Iran in the World Cup despite protest stirred by a "worldwide network of Zionists".

Iran's first World Cup match is against Mexico in Nuremberg on June 11 two days after the tournament starts and German Interior Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble says he would be welcome to come because Germany wants to be a good host.

The invitation sparked protests from other political leaders and groups who said his anti-Israeli comments were unacceptable.

"My decision (on whether to go) depends on a lot of different things," said Ahmadinejad, a soccer fan. "Whether I have time, whether I want to and some other things."

He said he could not understand why his possible visit had caused such debate but was not surprised by the row.

"I was not at all surprised because there is a very active worldwide network of Zionists, also in Europe," he said in the rare interview with Western media that was published on Sunday.

Ahmadinejad's latest comments were condemned by the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles. Rabbi Marvin Hier, a founder and dean, called on Merkel to keep him out of Germany.

"On a day when the Pope is in Auschwitz to remind the world of the horrors of the Holocaust, Ahmadinejad questions it again," Hier said. "For him to be at the World Cup and sit in a VIP seat would be a desecration of the memory of the Holocaust."

Asked by Der Spiegel, in its cover story entitled "The man the world is afraid of", whether he stood by his earlier view the Holocaust was a myth, Ahmadinejad said: "I only accept something as the truth if I am truly convinced of it.

"In Europe there are two opinions on it. One group of researchers who are by and large politically motivated say the Holocaust happened. There is another group of researchers who have the opposite view and are by and large in prison for that."
"The dead came back from Jerusalem, where they did not find what they were seeking."

"The Seven Sermons to the Dead"

C.G. Jung

ClaudiaRothenbach
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby ClaudiaRothenbach » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun May 28, 2006 2:05 pm)

Six million Jews were killed by the Nazis and their allies in concentration camps.

They stopped insulting the Einsatzgruppen.
A good progress.
"Everything has already been said, but not yet by everyone." - Karl Valentin

friedrich braun
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby friedrich braun » 1 decade 3 years ago (Sun May 28, 2006 2:56 pm)

Yes, the article states that 6 000 000 Jews were killed in 3 years (presumably 1942-1945, as standard holocau$t history has it) in concentration camps.

One can only say "wow"!
"The dead came back from Jerusalem, where they did not find what they were seeking."

"The Seven Sermons to the Dead"

C.G. Jung

Radar
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Radar » 1 decade 3 years ago (Mon May 29, 2006 5:16 pm)

I hope Ahmadinejad goes to Germany and that he is guarded openly by by his own well armed security people. I would also hope that he might visit Ernst Zundel and Germar Rudolf while there to show his support for free speech and thought. What a disgrace that would be for Germany, posturing as they do about freedom in the Middle East! Even if he requests such a visit and it is refused the point would be made. Of course it probably would not be reported in our famous "free press" in any case.

Barrington James
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Barrington James » 1 decade 3 years ago (Tue May 30, 2006 5:15 am)

Don't be too hard on Germany. After all both Germany and Japan have been essentially ruled by puppet American governments since WW2. German school children have been taught Zionist /American propaganda in their schools since that time. The American efforts to create such governments in Iraq, Vietnam, Iran (with the Shah), Indonesia, Central and South America, Afghanistan, Africa and so on have not been as successful for reasons that I will discuss at another time.

Essentially if you wish to rule people in that manner then their spirits must be crushed completely, very much like the way we conquered the native people of North and South America.
You can fool too many of the people most of the time.

Radar
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Radar » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed May 31, 2006 10:06 am)

Barrington,

Whatever may have been the case in the post war years Germany is now a free nation. They are no longer a "puppet" of the US occupiers in any fundamental way. They are influenced politically by cynical forces which tie them to many US policies but I will not let up on them for their cowadice in shutting down free speech because of past induced guilt and worse, craven acceptance of wartime propaganda lies to make life easier. Wake up free Germany! I hope many Germans read and ponder the words of the Iranian President in his Der Spiegel interview.

It is interesting that revisionists are called "deniers" when the interview shows clearly who the real deniers are; the German establishment as seen in the Der Spiegel interviewers' dodging!

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed May 31, 2006 11:53 am)

I agree with Barrington. It's not the Germans, it's the legacy of what the "allies" put on them.

But connected to this, here in the US, is what the media puts on us.

I happened to hear 5 minutes of radio yesterday. NPR (National Public Radio) The first thing was a hit-piece on Ahmaninajad talking about how Ahmaninajad is using anti-Israel rhetoric to cover up his failed policies. The reporter was a Mr. Schuster. After that came a report of a British Teacher's Group boycotting Israel, and the spin was how it's wrong for them to do that.

I by chance was exposed to 5 minutes of media yesterday, via someone else's radio, and that's what it was. Those two reports.

Breker
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Breker » 1 decade 3 years ago (Wed May 31, 2006 12:20 pm)

I happened to hear 5 minutes of radio yesterday. NPR (National Public Radio) The first thing was a hit-piece on Ahmaninajad talking about how Ahmaninajad is using anti-Israel rhetoric to cover up his failed policies. The reporter was a Mr. Schuster. After that came a report of a British Teacher's Group boycotting Israel, and the spin was how it's wrong for them to do that.

I by chance was exposed to 5 minutes of media yesterday, via someone else's radio, and that's what it was. Those two reports.

We find it curious that the only people who deny that Jews dominate the media are Jews. If domination and overwhelming influence is achieved, then an agenda is easily applied. The media cannot necessarily control what you think, but can control what you think about.
Brecker

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”