Is this the end of Elie Wiesel?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Carolyn Yeager
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Is this the end of Elie Wiesel?

Postby Carolyn Yeager » 8 years 2 months ago (Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:56 pm)

Kladderadatsch,

This is just too good. Thank you so much. Yes, I used the 2006 translation, but I can't remember why. Maybe to be on the safe side, in case it was brought up that it was the correct one? I confess I didn't have the info in mind about when the number A-7713 was given out at Auschwitz. In fact, that had completely slipped my mind in all of my Wiesel writing.

I prefer to use the original 1960 English version of Night and have used it in almost all of my articles, even though most people today refer to the newer one. I had intended to do a comparison of the two translations from quite some time back (but never got around to it) showing what was changed by Marian Wiesel and some of the reasons given in the new preface written by Elie Wiesel for it. It's a very interesting situation and you bring it out here -- that Marian "corrected" both what they call 'translation errors' and 'sloppiness' or carelessness by Elie Wiesel himself. Wiesel explained that he was so happy to be having the book published that he was not careful in checking the proofs. But now you, Kladderadatsch, have shown us that the original Yiddish also reads "April" and that is why Wiesel put April in Night. That is very important, as you point out. Very, very important.

For now, I'll just say it is better to go with Carlo Mattogno's version based on the original Night, rather than my use of the revised translation of 2006 for the deportation -- making it impossible for Wiesel to have received that number. And maybe it's time I did the comparison between the two translations, and also discussed Wiesel's very interesting preface in the new edition.

Thanks a lot. More from that book can only be helpful.
Last edited by Carolyn Yeager on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Jewish history there are no coincidences ... Elie Wiesel
Learn more at http://eliewieseltattoo.com

Auschwitz: The Underground Guided Tour http://carolynyeager.net/auschwitz-unde ... uided-tour

Rapier

Postby Rapier » 8 years 2 months ago (Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:43 pm)

neugierig wrote:The discussion should be about “The Holocaust”, whether it could have happened as told or not. Wiesel has disqualified himself by not mentioning “Gas Chambers”, enough said about him. To expose another charlatan will not further our cause. Also, disagreements are fine, but arguing about who wrote what is counterproductive. Most of us have our Schtick, pardon, issues dear to us and so be it. But in public we should stick to the essentials.

Anyway, my one cent worth.

Regards
Wilf

It is important to keep pointing out who are the purveyors of the Holocaust lies. People are the publishers of the lies. As in the Zisblatts and Wiesels and Spielbergs.

Mkk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mkk » 8 years 2 months ago (Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:22 am)

Neugirig makes a good point. Even if Wiesel was in one of the camps, it still stands he doesn't mention "gas chambers" in his book, so he is more helpful to revisionism than not.
"Truth is hate for those who hate the truth"- Auchwitz lies, p.13

Postby Moderator » 8 years 2 months ago (Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:35 pm)

Carolyn Yeager,
I deleted your post because it was a continuation of the personal conflict that you and Eric Hunt clearly have. Stop this grudge match between you & Eric Hunt, now. Anything in the future that even approaches a 'pissing contest' will be deleted.
M.
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Carolyn Yeager
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Carolyn Yeager » 8 years 2 months ago (Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:03 am)

Moderator wrote:Carolyn Yeager,
I deleted your post because it was a continuation of the personal conflict that you and Eric Hunt clearly have. Stop this grudge match between you & Eric Hunt, now. Anything in the future that even approaches a 'pissing contest' will be deleted.
M.

I thought it was a clarification and an answer I had a right to give for the record, since the charge that I was implying something I wasn't implying remains. But have it your way; I don't really mind. As I said, I am not wanting to start up anything. :)

Auschwitz: The Underground Guided Tour http://carolynyeager.net/auschwitz-unde ... uided-tour

Postby Moderator » 8 years 2 months ago (Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:35 pm)

Thanks Carolyn. I'm inundated with Private Messages from both sides of this discussion about bad language and personal issues that a few seem to have with each other. I just responded to another one a few minutes ago. Yikes!
Your hard work has certainly sparked a number of people into thinking about this character, Wiesel. That in itself gets a big thumbs up. As is to be expected, there are those that disagree with you on certain points and we really want that debate to continue unhindered, but hopefully in a less aggressive manner by all involved. I know it can be done. Keep the thought provoking posts coming.
Moderator1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Turpitz
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Turpitz » 8 years 2 months ago (Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:23 pm)

I think you are doing a grand job Carolyn. I have a great admiration for those who can cope with the souless lies that Jewry has woven and spend a great deal of their time trying to unravel them. I personally find the whole subject incredibly depressing, so much so, that I have to take my leave to somehow cleanse myself from the contamination that the lies secrete. Filth like Wiesel need their characters exposed in any way possible, especially as they are "Industry Icons".

You also don't believe that other heinious farce called "9/11", that shows a greatness of mind.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 8 years 2 months ago (Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:45 pm)

Turpitz wrote:I think you are doing a grand job Carolyn. I have a great admiration for those who can cope with the souless lies that Jewry has woven and spend a great deal of their time trying to unravel them. I personally find the whole subject incredibly depressing, so much so, that I have to take my leave to somehow cleanse myself from the contamination that the lies secrete. Filth like Wiesel need their characters exposed in any way possible, especially as they are "Industry Icons".

You also don't believe that other heinious farce called "9/11", that shows a greatness of mind.

Sorry to deter from the topic, but I just wish to state that I second what you just wrote Turpitz.

Cordially,
-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Carolyn Yeager
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Carolyn Yeager » 8 years 2 months ago (Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:43 pm)

Turpitz wrote:I think you are doing a grand job Carolyn. I have a great admiration for those who can cope with the souless lies that Jewry has woven and spend a great deal of their time trying to unravel them. I personally find the whole subject incredibly depressing, so much so, that I have to take my leave to somehow cleanse myself from the contamination that the lies secrete. Filth like Wiesel need their characters exposed in any way possible, especially as they are "Industry Icons".

Thank you Turpitz and Haldan. Much appreciated.

Turpitz, you are right, it is not an uplifting business ... and I used to be an artist! Can you believe it? But I am someone who always wants to reach a certain goal or level in any endeavor I undertake, and I stay interested until that happens. In the case of Wiesel, what I'm after is total exposure that no one can deny ... even those who will forgive him for his sins ... and they will. But we can say "Never forget, Never forgive." So, until that day, I enjoy the process of getting there. I know I will get there. As long as helpful people like Kladderadatsch come along!

Charles Traynor

Postby Charles Traynor » 8 years 2 months ago (Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:56 pm)

BUDAPEST, HUNGARY (BosNewsLife)-- A Budapest court is to rule next month in a case of a Nazi-concentration camp survivor who claims Nobel Peace Prize winning author and human rights activist Elie Wiesel "lies" about his Holocaust past, BosNewsLife learned Friday, January 27.

After decades of research, Nikolaus (Miklós) Grüner had his first-ever opportunity to make his case this week in a libel lawsuit against a Hungarian rabbi who helped organize Wiesel's "homecoming" visit to Hungary in 2009.

http://www.bosnewslife.com/20251-hungary-court-hears-wiesels-holocaust-lies-in-controversial-case

This case could prove interesting in the unlikely event the exterminationists don’t get the verdict they want.
Rabbi Shlomo Risikin: "The [non-Jewish] world is divided into parts: those who actively participated with the Nazis and those who passively collaborated with them."

Carolyn Yeager
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Carolyn Yeager » 8 years 1 month ago (Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:25 am)

Charles Traynor wrote:
BUDAPEST, HUNGARY (BosNewsLife)-- A Budapest court is to rule next month in a case of a Nazi-concentration camp survivor who claims Nobel Peace Prize winning author and human rights activist Elie Wiesel "lies" about his Holocaust past, BosNewsLife learned Friday, January 27.

After decades of research, Nikolaus (Miklós) Grüner had his first-ever opportunity to make his case this week in a libel lawsuit against a Hungarian rabbi who helped organize Wiesel's "homecoming" visit to Hungary in 2009.

http://www.bosnewslife.com/20251-hungary-court-hears-wiesels-holocaust-lies-in-controversial-case

This case could prove interesting in the unlikely event the exterminationists don’t get the verdict they want.

Here's my short write-up on the Gruner verdict: http://www.eliewieseltattoo.com/gruner- ... est-court/

Gruner really didn't have a case in light of what is generally believed. What will happen if he comes to this country and has some 'holo survivors' who support him? That might possibly make for an interesting shism, but it wouldn't last long even if it did develop. Jews, and even h. 'survivors' have criticized Wiesel in the past, but it doesn't get traction. It needs a wide base.

Carolyn Yeager
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Carolyn Yeager » 8 years 1 month ago (Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:09 pm)

http://www.eliewieseltattoo.com/night-1 ... art-one-2/

I began this thread "Is this the end of Elie Wiesel" with what I consider my last really, really important research article on Elie Wiesel Cons The World ... which was "Gigantic Fraud Carried Out for Wiesel Nobel Prize." (http://www.eliewieseltattoo.com/giganti ... bel-prize/) I thought the evidence showing that EW and his supporters, such as the NYTimes, lied about his being in that famous photograph, and further evidence that he never was in Buchenwald at all, was pretty damn important and "picture-changing." It is, and it got quite a bit of attention, but it needs to be pushed into the general conciousness in a way that it will take the place of what is currently there.

Now I have posted another really, really important article that brings the end of Elie Wiesel even closer. Or it could if enough people would read it. I'm talking about tens of thousands of people. Or hundreds of thousands. So it needs to be passed around, and talked about, as much as possible. That means people like you revisionists here at codoh forum.

Also, Part Two is coming which will really put the nail in the coffin as to the credibility of Night.

This article is also relevant to this thread because it was here we began discussing the translation of Un di velt hot geshvign, which now "miraculously" (to me) is being translated by our OWN highly competent translator (not a Jew). The result of the work done so far is this article: Night#1 and Night#2--What Changes were Made and Why. This title was chosen by me to make the case there are two different versions of Night now ... since 2006. We cannot just speak about Night as a single book, but we have to specify which one.

I am sure that the plan is to phase out Night #1 over time in the true Orwellian manner. History is being re-written before our eyes. At the moment, they are required to 'justify' their changes, but in time the original will simply disappear as if it never was. Elie Wiesel IS scheduled to be the Prophet/Saint of the HOLY ORDER of HOLOCAUST in the coming reign of Jerusalem over the entire world. Yad Vashem, the main memorial museum, is already there and will be the undisputed and indisputable voice of truth for all living beings.

This is how important I think this research and these articles are. The immense contribution of the numerous talents of our translator, and his sacrifice of personal time to this effort is greatly appreciated. This article is "not quite" or "going on" :lol: 5000 words, and it's only Part One. Here are it's beginning paragraphs:

Night #1 and Night #2—What Changes were Made and Why, Part One

By Carolyn Yeager

On Tuesday, January 17, 2006, Amazon.com announced that it was changing the categorization of a new translation of Elie Wiesel’s Night from novel to memoir.

Amazon would also revise the editorial description of the original edition to make clear that they consider the book a memoir, not a novel. “We hope to make these changes as quickly as possible,” said Jani Strand, a spokeswoman for the online retailer. The day before, Oprah Winfrey had announced that Night was her latest book club choice, displacing her previous selection, James Frey’s A Million Little Pieces.

The sudden switch from fiction to non-fiction caused some discussion and questions, which Strand brushed away by saying, “Amazon.com’s data source for the Oprah Book Club edition of Night inaccurately classified the book as fiction.” She declined to offer details. The book, re-classified as “Autobiography” and blessed by Oprah, was already No.3 on Amazon.com as of that Tuesday afternoon! Wiesel, interviewed later with his literary agent Georges Borchardt, insisted they had never portrayed it as a novel.

But the publisher did.1 There has been confusion about the question for so long—even Wiesel’s defenders have to admit it. Ruth Franklin, in her 2011 book, A Thousand Darknesses, wrote: “Unfortunately, Night is an imperfect ambassador for the infallibility of the memoir, owing to the fact that it has been treated very often as a novel—by journalists, by scholars, and even by its publishers.”2 On Night’s Wikipedia page it has long been described as autobiography, memoir, novel—yes, all three. How long will that continue? As long as there are editions of Night that still sport those labels, one assumes.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”