Channel Four claims it has proved the holocaust

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
EtienneSC
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Channel Four claims it has proved the holocaust

Postby EtienneSC » 4 years 5 months ago (Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:31 pm)

A new documentary based on transcripts of German POWs was broadcast on Channel Four in the UK on Sunday 2 June 2013:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/spying-on-hitlers-army-secret-recordings/4od#3528251
This may not be available outside the UK. The programme description reads:
"This powerful docudrama tells the story of one of World War II's last secrets.

British intelligence undertook an audacious operation to listen in on the private conversations of 10,000 German prisoners of war without their ever knowing they were being overheard.

The prisoners' unguarded reminiscences and unintentional confessions have only just come to light, and prove how closely the German army were involved in the atrocities of the Holocaust.

In this programme, they are dramatised - word for word - from the original transcripts.

British intelligence requisitioned three stately homes for this epic task, and converted each into an elaborate trap.

The 100,000 hours of conversation they captured provided crucial intelligence that changed the course of the war, and revealed some of its worst horrors, from rape to mass executions to one of the earliest bulletins from the concentration camps.

But when the fighting ended, the recordings were destroyed and the transcripts locked away for half a century. Only now have they been declassified, researched and cross-referenced.

Nicholas Farrell (Secret State, The Iron Lady) leads the cast playing the real-life German generals who were held at one of the houses: Trent Park in Middlesex.

The programme also features the historian who uncovered the transcripts, and one of the surviving 'listeners' - a hidden army, largely made up of German-speaking Jewish refugees, who had to transcribe accounts of appalling anti-Semitic crimes while never betraying their existence to the men they spent every day monitoring."

The original records appear to be kept at the National Archives in Kew Gardens and amount to around 50,000 pages. There seems to be a mixture of first hand accounts and repeated stories, including accounts about mass shootings of Jews behind the Eastern front. One of these is a version of what became the famous Pfaffenberger affidavit (the one with Ilse Koch and the human lampshades story from Buchenwald). It sounds like it would be worth looking at this material from a revisionist perspective.

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Channel Four claims it has proved the holocaust

Postby borjastick » 4 years 5 months ago (Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:14 pm)

I watched some of this rubbish last night. It was more dram than docu in my opinion. The amount of hearsay was extraordinary. In one small snippet a prisoner mentioned that he was present at a jew shooting in eastern europe where they shot (I'll get this figure wrong now but it was a ridiculous amount) 15000 jews in one go.

No doubt this programme will have reinforced many views already entrenched but sitting on the fence, with splinters in my bum, I thought it was laughable.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 4 years 5 months ago (Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:13 pm)

This is such old news, see this thread:

borjastick @ Holocaust evidence through eavesdropping?

excerpt:
The text of these eavesdropped 'conversations' do not stand up to scrutiny. In fact, they are laughably absurd. Here are some examples of threads I have started on these obviously bogus eavesdropped 'conversations':

The bogus Bruns document

recorded conversations not - 'pumpkins/music directors'

yet another bogus conversation, this one about 'gassings'

Bogus alleged 'conversation' about Babi Yar

from the OP:
But when the fighting ended, the recordings were destroyed and the transcripts locked away for half a century. Only now have they been declassified, researched and cross-referenced.

Of course they were locked away, they were laughable then, they are laughable today. When such efforts like this are trotted out you know it's desperation time for the Believers.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

hermod
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby hermod » 4 years 5 months ago (Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:36 pm)

Do they really think that inserting a few forged pages in old transcripts will exempt them from being forced to show physical evidence of their holofable? :lol:

Too bad the British simply 'forgot' to unlock that valuable 'evidence' for the Nuremberg farce after WW2...

The programme also features the historian who uncovered the transcripts, and one of the surviving 'listeners' - a hidden army, largely made up of German-speaking Jewish refugees

How reliable ! :)
"But, however the world pretends to divide itself, there are ony two divisions in the world to-day - human beings and Germans. – Rudyard Kipling, The Morning Post (London), June 22, 1915

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 4 years 5 months ago (Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:37 am)

Running around making the wildest accusations 24/7, but then hide the evidence for decades. Now that's funny.

Thames Darwin
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Thames Darwin » 4 years 5 months ago (Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:33 pm)

And of course, they wait until the POWs are dead, so they don't have the opportunity to refute Channel Four.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 4 years 5 months ago (Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:46 pm)

Thames Darwin wrote:And of course, they wait until the POWs are dead, so they don't have the opportunity to refute Channel Four.

Excellent point.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Jerzy Ulicki-Rek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Jerzy Ulicki-Rek » 4 years 5 months ago (Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:37 am)

..Sir..According to gossip holocaust is a crap..

Arrest Gossip at once!!!!!!

Jerzy

hermod
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby hermod » 4 years 5 months ago (Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:29 am)

The 100,000 hours of conversation they captured provided crucial intelligence that changed the course of the war, and revealed some of its worst horrors, from rape to mass executions to one of the earliest bulletins from the concentration camps.

Rapes were punished by death in the German armies. That's why "Wehrmacht brothels" were established in the occupied territories (decreed by the Minister of the Interior Wilhelm Frick on September 9, 1939). Some say that Eastern European women were forced to work there. I doubt it was the case. But assuming that's true, I'm sure that German officers wouldn't have called sex in those brothels "rapes".
"But, however the world pretends to divide itself, there are ony two divisions in the world to-day - human beings and Germans. – Rudyard Kipling, The Morning Post (London), June 22, 1915

blacksmith

Postby blacksmith » 4 years 5 months ago (Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:20 pm)

I saw the same program on PBS in Canada. Two obvious things gave it away , one, where a German soldier talks about how he saw in Dachau how people got selected because of their tattoos and after they had been killed their skin was made into lampshades; and two, not one piece of "evidence" was used in the subsequent trials of those German officers. I met some of those Jewish translators after the war working as interpreters in POW camps. I never met a more despicable lot! I would not believe anything they said even if they told me the sun rose in the East and set in the West.

The program was pure Jewish propaganda like the programs called Jews and Money. Neither program is worthy of PBS. The purpose of these programs was to prove that there were verbal orders given. May be that is how the Jews work but not the German army or the SS for that matter; plus, let us not forget that Bletchley Park was reading the Auschwitz and all the KLs intercepts and they came up with nothing.

Blacksmith

Postby Moderator » 4 years 5 months ago (Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:44 pm)

I have moved a few posts concerning rape to the WWII Forum, as there was a distinct drift away from the OP.
M1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Comments / News”