"Oldest Holocaust survivor, Alice Herz-Sommer, dies at 110"

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
spaceboy

"Oldest Holocaust survivor, Alice Herz-Sommer, dies at 110"

Postby spaceboy » 6 years 1 month ago (Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:27 pm)

I saw this today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26318383

Apparently, the oldest Jewish person to have been interned by the Germans has died in London at the age of 110.

Here's one particular excerpt from the article that generally isn't something spread by Orthodox Holocaustry:

Ms Herz-Sommer recalled "always laughing" during her time in Terezin, where she and other inmates put on occasional concerts.

But the article does go on to mention:

In 1942, her 73-year-old mother had been transported to Terezin, also known as Theresienstadt, and then on to Treblinka, an extermination camp.

"And I went with her of course till the last moment. This was the lowest point of my life. She was sent away. Till now I do not know where she was, till now I do not know when she died, nothing."

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: "Oldest Holocaust survivor, Alice Herz-Sommer, dies at 1

Postby Haldan » 6 years 1 month ago (Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:53 pm)

So she was in Theresienstadt until the end of the war? Surely must have been a lot better in there than in any German city with all the bombs and everything.
And how do she even know her mother died in Treblinka? Did somebody tell her that?

Regards,
-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

spaceboy

Re: "Oldest Holocaust survivor, Alice Herz-Sommer, dies at 1

Postby spaceboy » 6 years 1 month ago (Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:21 pm)

Well, when I read it, I was under the impression she was completely oblivious to her mother's outcome; she didn't even know where or when her mother died, although the article seems to imply her mother was killed at Treblinka.

I'd be interested to know what her mother's name was. I'm not sure how one would go about doing research to find out where she died though.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”