Olga Lengyel / another 'survivor' in Fantasyland

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Olga Lengyel / another 'survivor' in Fantasyland

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:05 pm)

I bring to you some interesting points made by Revisionist Giuseppe Furioso concerning liar & so called 'holocau$t survivor', Olga Lengyel.
- H.

G. Furioso:

Have a look at a typical account by one of the seemingly endless number of survivors: Olga Lengyel's Five Chimneys: a woman survivor's true story of Auschwitz (Granada/ Ziff-Davis, 1947, 1972).

The blurb on the cover of the book quotes the New York Herald-Tribune:
"Passionate, tormenting".
Albert Einstein, the promoter of the US construction of the bombs used at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, is quoted as offering:
"You have done a real service by letting the ones who are now silent and most forgotten (sic) speak."

Lengyel says:
'After June, 1943, the gas chamber was reserved exclusively for Jews and Gypsies.. Three hundred and sixty corpses every half-hour, which was all the time it took to reduce human flesh to ashes, made 720 per hour, or 17,280 corpses per twenty-four hour shift. And the ovens, with murderous efficiency, functioned day and night. However, one must also reckon the death pits, which could destroy another 8,000 cadavers a day. In round numbers, about 24,000 corpses were handled each day. An admirable production record, one that speaks well for German industry.' (Paperback edition, pp80-81).

No trace of any remains of or in 'death pits' has been found.

This implies almost 100,000 corpses per four working days, or a million in 40 days, or almost six million in 240 days (eight months).
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

code yellow
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby code yellow » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:15 am)

:? I find it interestimg that mostly all of these self proclaimed survivor testimonies are very exacting with figures,as if they kept daily logs on them.I wonder who it is that coaches them into their stories?

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 2 years ago (Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:10 am)

I just started reading her rag Five Chimneys. Here's a little gem I found on page 37:

What went into the soup was undoubtedly varied according to the season. But the flavor never changed. This did not make it any less a "surprise" soup. From it we fished buttons, tufts of hair, rags, tin cans, keys, and even mice. One fine day somebody retrieved a tiny metal sewing kit, containing thread and an assortment of needles!

In the evening we recieved our daily bread, a ration of six and one-half ounces. The bread was black bread with an extremely high proportion of sawdust. This was painfully irritating to our gums, which had already been made sensitive by malnutrition.

:shock:

Funny how holocaust writers choose to ignore German documentation regarding inmate intake and instead quote tripe such as this.

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 2 years ago (Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:17 am)

code yellow wrote::? I find it interestimg that mostly all of these self proclaimed survivor testimonies are very exacting with figures,as if they kept daily logs on them.I wonder who it is that coaches them into their stories?

Actually if you read the books by these people you see quite a bit of differences, but I definitely think they were coached, as many of them (if not all) were members of the Resistance (aka Reds). Keep in mind that Rassinier stated that it was Communist Party line to claim mass-gassings (among other outlandish atrocities since forgotten). Bruno Baum, Communist Resistance member who was an inmate at Auschwitz, likewise apparently said in the first edition of his book Widerstand in Auschwitz that the Resistance was behind the majority of the propaganda (his word) coming from that camp.

Filip Muller and Olga Lengyel are two admitted members of the Resistance who were at Auschwitz and are often sourced by 'historians.' Rudolf Vrba is another, although in his case, he admitted under oath that he was lying his pants off.

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 2 years ago (Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:46 pm)

PotPie wrote:Actually if you read the books by these people you see quite a bit of differences, but I definitely think they were coached, as many of them (if not all) were members of the Resistance (aka Reds). Keep in mind that Rassinier stated that it was Communist Party line to claim mass-gassings (among other outlandish atrocities since forgotten). Bruno Baum, Communist Resistance member who was an inmate at Auschwitz, likewise apparently said in the first edition of his book Widerstand in Auschwitz that the Resistance was behind the majority of the propaganda (his word) coming from that camp.

Filip Muller and Olga Lengyel are two admitted members of the Resistance who were at Auschwitz and are often sourced by 'historians.' Rudolf Vrba is another, although in his case, he admitted under oath that he was lying his pants off.

The same people (ex-inmate communists) later run the International Auschwitz Committee which played a large role in setting up the 1964-5 Auschwitz Trial. They also had witnesses meet each other previous to or during the trial proceedings.

One can read about this in Staglich's book

http://www.vho.org/aaargh/fran/livres6/WSeng.pdf

and in the series of articles on the Auschwitz trial written by Rudolf:

http://www.vho.org/tr/2003/1/Rudolf115-118.html
http://www.vho.org/tr/2003/2/Rudolf235-238.html
http://www.vho.org/tr/2003/3/Rudolf352-358.html
http://www.vho.org/tr/2003/4/Rudolf468-472.html
http://www.vho.org/tr/2004/2/Rudolf219-223.html
http://www.vho.org/tr/2004/3/Rudolf327-330.html

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 2 years ago (Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:55 pm)

Dahl said:
The same people (ex-inmate communists) later run the International Auschwitz Committee which played a large role in setting up the 1964-5 Auschwitz Trial. They also had witnesses meet each other previous to or during the trial proceedings.

Isn't it mandatory in legitimate trials that the claimed 'witnesses' avoid contact with each other?

also see Olga Lengyel shot down here:
'Gisella Perl and Olga Lengyel - two lying Zionists'
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=1095

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 2 years ago (Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:23 am)

Hannover wrote:Isn't it mandatory in legitimate trials that the claimed 'witnesses' avoid contact with each other?

- Hannover

Legitimate trials, yes. The defense at the Belsen-Auschwitz trials complained that prosecution witnesses lingered and were seen taking notes[/url]. Not much was done about it, of course. (See: http://www.ess.uwe.ac.uk/WCC/Belsen13.h ... urt%20Room )

Regaring the alleged death pits, as I recall the dimensions of the pits she offered differed from those claimed by Filip Muller, and Lengyel admitted that her information on the matters of mass-gassings came from her Resistance contacts within the camp - in other words, it was like Rassinier said, Communist Party line.
Last edited by PotPie on Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 2 years ago (Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:28 am)

Hannover wrote:Isn't it mandatory in legitimate trials that the claimed 'witnesses' avoid contact with each other?

Yes, but then the same court accepted hearsay as witness evidence and openly acknowledged that it had no technical evidence to back up the allegations...

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 2 years ago (Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:28 pm)

Regarding Lengyel, I've not yet looked at other threads on this forum about her, however as I have gotten past the halfway mark of Five Chimneys, I have noticed an ever-increasing number of inconsistencies in this book. There are whole chapters, in fact, such as chapter XVI, that I do not think Ms. Lengyel wrote at all.

The writing style in this book changes back and forth, sometimes section to section within the same chapter (such as XVI). A couple examples: the camp is referred to as Auschwitz-Birkenau in some sections, and Birkenau-Auschwitz in others. People in the camps are alternately referred to as inmates, internees and deportees from one section to another throughout the book. This tells me that this book was likely written by 3 people who did a poor editing job and didn't bother attempting to maintain any kind of consistent flow of writing style. This book is as much a patchwork as a quilt is.

The claim throughout the book is there was always inadequate amounts of water for inmate/deportee/internee use that inmates/deportees/internees were left to lap water out of puddles like dogs. Then the author/s claim that there was sufficient water to scrub the floor of the infirmary twice a day, while at the same time they lacked enough water to properly flush out the wounds of inmates/deportees/internees who went to the hospital for treatment although everyone knew the infirmary was "merely the antechamber of the crematory" while it was packed daily with patients, some of whom frequented the place with various physical problems and were treated every time.

Also, she admits that her knowledge of gassings and deaths come from her contacts in the Resistance. More of that good old hearsay that the Allies enjoyed heaping on like gravy.

Obviously, anyone who has used this book/person as a source has either not read her book with any kind of critical eye or knows and doesn't care. Anyone who has read this book cover-to-cover, unless they have the understanding of a small child, knows to take this garbage seriously.

My favorite line from this book, "When you see the first flames from the crematory at daybreak, you will know that is my greeting to you." How's that for a romantic parting? :lol: :lol:

After I've toosed this book into the trashbin of history, I'll be on to read Anus Mundi (with undoubted emphasis on the Anus.)

Laurentz Dahl
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Laurentz Dahl » 1 decade 2 years ago (Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:11 pm)

It is known that several eyewitnessed used ghost writers two write their books, among them Filip Muller, Rudolf Vrba and probably Rudolf Reder. Lengyel's book was written in English originally, right? The patchwork impression may be the trace of several ghostwriters, or of the patchwork nature of Lengyel's mind and memory. Anyway it's still a remarkably worthless witness account.

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:58 am)

Hannover wrote:Dahl said:

Isn't it mandatory in legitimate trials that the claimed 'witnesses' avoid contact with each other?

- Hannover

Great link, although I do think Five Chimneys the work of at least 3 different people, apparently with Gisella Perl one of those other two.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”